IGNORED

Tony "the bomber" Bellew

Top KO that.

Watched Bellew loads...never been overly impressed. Fell short at the top a couple of times. Fair play to him though...seems to be getting better at Cruiserweight than he was at Light Heavy.

Good to see GP used too. About time.

I tried boxing in the forces many years ago. I had to spar with a lad about the same size as me and got pasted all around the place .... he was the inter services champion..... so I decided it was not the sport for me........ (He was a kopite too so it was a tad embarrassing)

Was a good night, great ending to the night anyway.

A few points to make though. Moyes was in the box with his family and friends, he wasn't with Kenwright. Though Bill did go into the box for a few minutes. When they went ringside they were near each other. The lads by me were fuming at Moyes the whole time he was there.

Don't know about the rest of the ground, but the service in the park end was shite. One of the bars ran out of everything apart from lager, cider and water at about 8:30. Then the tills all went down at the same bar. Was a joke.

Tony did great though, the way he pounced on him in the third and kept going reminded me of AJ. A couple of times he stopped to wait for a response and when he never got it he must have known it was over. Great atmosphere too.

Shame the undercard wasn't a bit more competitive though, was like a sparing session for the Smiths.

You can't knock the lads mental strength. Over does it in interviews etc but fair play great finish. His opponent moved his chin onto the punch which is "good night".

Boxing is at a high in Liverpool right now. A club I've boxed at (not done anything other than light spar, not messing this face up) does plenty of matches with rotunda and the continue to churn out good talent.

Boxing continues to be a great outlet for kids who are on the wrong path.

I agree with the bottom bit Haf it's possibly the best way I can personally think of thats available to most kids that's a great outlet and the discipline is great

I boxed for a good few years when I was younger and it's a great way to vent and the coaches were brilliant at helping the lads out and guiding them onto the right path

The lad I mentioned above Scott is from that very gym typical young lad who's dad a coach got him into it he's now a commonwealth gold medalist signed to Eddie Hearn 3 and 0 as a pro

Edited by EFC-Paul

Seemed to me like it was a fiddle, Malibu had won 19 fights __ 18 by knockouts and he looked total shite, my missus could have put up a better effort.

You arent the first person I've heard say that.

It was a bit weird.

Edited by Hafnia

Sewn a few things about it being a fix etc the lad has great boxing ability to me he over estimated it by trying to peekaboo Bellew off the ropes got caught goodnight vienna

The only fix Bellew was involved in was putting another loss on his record by calling Haye out, if he can slim down back to cruiserweight he will demolish Tony

Sewn a few things about it being a fix etc the lad has great boxing ability to me he over estimated it by trying to peekaboo Bellew off the ropes got caught goodnight vienna

The only fix Bellew was involved in was putting another loss on his record by calling Haye out, if he can slim down back to cruiserweight he will demolish Tony

Haye as a cruiserweight destroys everyone in the division.

I hate it when you don't want to post personal info on here and some knob keeps questioning you over it. You are ok with me Matt.

What a plant pot you are! I asked him once. Knowing Matts originally from Birkenhead I might know his family member. There's only a few gyms on the Wirral and I know pretty much everyone in them.

I don't think there is any sort of fix with the fight. As good as the guys record was, he never fought and beat anyone of any real quality. In fairness there isn't much competition in the cruiser weight division anyway, not to take it away from Tony as you can only beat who's in front of you. But the fact he kept going to other weights looking for fights showed how poor cruiserweight is at the moment. He needs a unification fight, it's probably his only chance at getting seven figures in his career.

Said exactly this in the gym yesterday morning. Haye will smash Bellew if he can get down to Cruiserweight again. He's stronger and has more technical ability than Bellew.

Think it was a bit if the occasion got to Bellew when he done that. He wont last 3 rounds with Haye imo.

What a plant pot you are! I asked him once. Knowing Matts originally from Birkenhead I might know his family member. There's only a few gyms on the Wirral and I know pretty much everyone in them.

hes on the Liverpool circuit actually, most of my family is from Canny Farm and Knotty Ash originally. Uncle is a part time instructor on the Wirral though, but where is a secret ;) Edited by Matt