IGNORED

Tony "the bomber" Bellew

I liked him a lot more before the build up to this fight. He's a bit embarrassing the stuff he comes out with "these fists feed my kids".... He isn't James Braddock who has to take fight after fight to keep his family in the tough 1930's - he's a millionaire who's kids will have every opportunity and more.

I still want him to win but all this "I'll put you to sleep" shite needs to stop.

Although Cleverly has held a world title the pair of them are way off world class but still a great domestic clash

Cleverly will try to avoid a war and go the distance as he's technically the better boxer and although in shape he's out of his comfort zone in this division and if he does trade I can see a KO for Bellew in or around rnd 8

Edited by EFC-Paul

Clawing at a 3rd match? Gotta be joking. Those two boxing wise should be on box nation. Embarrassing fight. Technically it was awful, fitness levels were shocking. But yeah, they are millionaires.

I'll watch Anthony Joshua, Callum Smith, Luke Campbell, and a few others, those two are grabbing ££££ and ain't good enough.

I love Bellew and I think he does a great job at promoting himself. He probably wouldn't be in the position he is now if he hadn't of done so. Glad he beat Cleverly as I can't stand him but unfortunately as soon as Bellew steps up to the next lever he will be outclassed.

I'm amazed AJ beat Sprott in the first too. He needs to be tested but they can't find anyone to do it.

It was a split. I know you know that and you typo-ed the majority but I just thought I'd act like a twat and point it out :P

Thought majority was the same as a split, the alternative being unanimous, but having checked it up you're right of course. A majority is when two judges vote one way and the third scores it a draw. Never knew that, learn something new every day!

Because he comes across as a right tit. So does Cleverly like.

They all do Romey mate, it's just all part of the hype, it's the Alpha Male sort of stance. Mindgames.

They get it drummed into them and most start to believe it.

Fact is most boxers act like twats before a fight. He's a season ticket holder with us sonI will always support the lad.

I thought about being a boxer but then found out that getting punched on the nose really smarted and made your eyes water, so I didn't bother.

:lol:

I did this about thirty years ago http://www.wushukwan.com/index.html

Fittest and most healthy I've ever been. Got as far as maroon belt then I got a couple of ribs broken in a fight at the start of a grading session (carried on and passed it though, hard bastard me :P).

It hurt, so I went back to the pub and got my black belt in drinking instead.

Looking at that site the guy who was my instructor is still active and a big guy in the organisation!

• 1 year later...

I love Bellew and I think he does a great job at promoting himself. He probably wouldn't be in the position he is now if he hadn't of done so. Glad he beat Cleverly as I can't stand him but unfortunately as soon as Bellew steps up to the next lever he will be outclassed.

We're about to find out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36396207

He's the slight underdog with the bookies but not much in it...

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/tony-bellew-v-ilunga-makabu/winner

We're about to find out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36396207

He's the slight underdog with the bookies but not much in it...

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/tony-bellew-v-ilunga-makabu/winner

Should be a great night of Boxing they've put on a good card the only one I don't like watching is Price he's one shot away from being permanently damaged his chin and brain get scrambled far to easily

I love Bellew along with being a blue he's an honest grafter with a big set of nads but I don't fancy his chances Makabu can really bang and is probably the best technical fighter in that division, could be the Stevenson fight all over again but really hope he pulls it off

I can't stick the lad. You know those scousers who put everything on really thick and strong too make them sound "more" scouse.... He's one of them! An idiot.

Its usually the case with most regional accents and cultures when you meet a manc for the first time its laid on thick same with southerners even more so when you hear them on tv, he just comes across as a very proud scouser to me

I get away with it being from Preston its probably one of the least accentuated accents I can think of

Edited by EFC-Paul