IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

I really hope we get a win here. We will be tired from Europa but they have looked bad recently and Eriksen is the only one that has looked good. Their back 4 isn't great, dier and Fazio should be exploited.

I'm Hoping Baines is back, well really need him.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Besic

Mirallas Barkley Osman

Lukaku

Mirallas is absolutely nowhere near fit. Can't believe he played him on Saturday.

i was shocked myself. To be honest, every time he galloped past me on Saturday I was half wincing expecting him to pull up at any time.

Thought it was a rash decision to rush such an important player back like that. Some knob who sits in our section was bleating "get Mirallas off he's a liability" couldn't believe what I was hearing. He's a clueless cunt who is always on his back.

Hewill begetting it with both barrells from me before the season is out I guarantee it.

He was a passenger from start to finish wasn't he? Clearly out there just to make up the numbers.

I'm looking forward to him getting back into full flow though.

If he'd have stayed onside and stuck away that first minute chance it would've been an inspired selection though (then we could have hooked him after five) :).

He was a passenger from start to finish wasn't he? Clearly out there just to make up the numbers.

I'm looking forward to him getting back into full flow though.

Not sure what way you meant that tbh? He quite clearly nowhere near match fit and it was an odd seletion in my eyes and a risky one.

I meant what I said; he was chosen because there was no one else, he was out there just to make up the numbers with nothing expected of him other than to be a body.

Ah get you now sorry. Thought you were blaming Mirallas for some strange reason.

There was Atsu. I know he's been poor but was the safer in terms of protecting Mirallas fitness or Eto'o .

I know we were thin but I just thought Mirallas on the bench and left there unless really needed was the sensible option.

Ah get you now sorry. Thought you were blaming Mirallas for some strange reason.

There was Atsu. I know he's been poor but was the safer in terms of protecting Mirallas fitness or Eto'o .

I know we were thin but I just thought Mirallas on the bench and left there unless really needed was the sensible option.

Nah, no blame on Mirallas.

Atsu isnt someone the manager trusts by the looks of things. He probably thought he could rely on Mirallas to just do a job out there and there would always be the chance of him taking a chance if it came his way, or making something happen.

A big risk, for sure, but he really was all that we could've called upon.

Nah, no blame on Mirallas.

Atsu isnt someone the manager trusts by the looks of things. He probably thought he could rely on Mirallas to just do a job out there and there would always be the chance of him taking a chance if it came his way, or making something happen.

A big risk, for sure, but he really was all that we could've called upon.

Well regardless, it didn't backfire and Mirallas got some game time in what was a really frenetic game so at least he held up.

Even as poor as we were against West Ham at the weekend, I think we would've beaten an even poorer Spurs, who limped over the line against 10 man Hull. Spurs have 4 players in any kind of form, Lloris, Eriksen, Chadli and Kane. Chadli's missed out at the weekend and is a doubt for the weekend, and let's not forget that Spurs are also playing on Saturday. True they're at home and will field, I'd wager, a fully second choice starting 11, but they've been far from inspirational on Sundays following euro involvement.

I think we'll see an uncharacteristically ugly match, but we'll continue our good league form. They'll look to keep possession as much as us, but we're getting that good balance in the side now where we can play with possession and hit on the counter. Expect Mirallas rested Thursday and to get 20 minutes Sunday. Hope :huh: McGeady is fit and plays as the outlet. Should be McCarthy and Besic in the middle with Ross in the whole behind Rom.

Has Pienaar disappeared? Would like to see him back to give us some balance.

Going to be a patched together squad with all of the injuries. Mirallas seemed to recapture his form Thursday so I hope he's impactful again. I haven't heard if Naisy's injury will keep him out Sunday.

In any case, Spurs have gotten very lucky in recent matches. Been against ten men for a long period of time, so our side needs to watch their fouls and make sure this one finishes 11 on 11.

I hope Baines is fit and he plays garbutt left back, Baines left mid and Mirallas right mid

If I were playing both they'd be reversed. Really don't think I'd be playing two LBs against Spurs though. They need to be got at, defence is very suspect. Pienaar first choice, then even Eto'o or McGeady. Keep their wide players occupied and we'll do well.

Can't believe Barry is back in contention, pretty sure that tackle would have shattered my ankle, the man is a machine.

They need to be got at, defence is very suspect.

Can't believe Barry is back in contention, pretty sure that tackle would have shattered my ankle, the man is a machine.

Spot on. I really want the most attacking side we have. Maybe a 4132

Howard

Coleman jags Distin Baines/Garbutt

Besic

McGeady Barkley Mirallas

Naismith/Eto'o Lukaku

If I were playing both they'd be reversed. Really don't think I'd be playing two LBs against Spurs though. They need to be got at, defence is very suspect. Pienaar first choice, then even Eto'o or McGeady. Keep their wide players occupied and we'll do well.

Why would you have Pienaar as first choice when he's not even been fit enough for the bench the past couple of games, and before then he didn't look all that good? I think people need to start realising he's not the player he was, and his fitness is looking like a big problem.

Why would you have Pienaar as first choice when he's not even been fit enough for the bench the past couple of games, and before then he didn't look all that good? I think people need to start realising he's not the player he was, and his fitness is looking like a big problem.

Unfortunately true.

Yep pretty much spot on.

Pienaar hasn't been anywhere near the first team and the odd time he has he's either broke down or played not great.

No way would I have him atarting in a million years. 20 mins off the bench if we need it is best I would give him.

Spot on. I really want the most attacking side we have. Maybe a 4132

Howard

Coleman jags Distin Baines/Garbutt

Besic

McGeady Barkley Mirallas

Naismith/Eto'o Lukaku

A good line up but with Besic the only one sitting it would massively restrict Coleman and Baines getting forward, and on top of that Mirallas and McGeady will be pushing higher up the pitch. The two full backs wont be in the attacking phases at all. But maybe its the best we have. Wouldnt like to see Osman sat along side Besic against spurs.

Got a feeling its going to be a high scoring game might stick a tenner on over 4.5 goals!