Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

barry- helps defence

besic- helps defence

mirallas- helps attack

mgeady-helps attack

barkley-helps attack

...McCarthy- helps defence and attack

and there you have it. mcCarthy links up play going forward and makes goals line clearences and last ditch tackles for that back four. barry & besic have shown nothing going forward and mgeady,barkley and mirallas have been left wanting defensively. he's our best all rounder.

Its not like McCarthy played in the easy games though Dunc. If anything he missed the supposedly easy games.

You don't half talk shite! At least do your homework if your guna make statements like the bold. You know what games he's missed because I told you yesterday. Below are the only games we've LOST without him. All TOUGH fixtures AWAY from home. (Bar Hull which we should have won)

United Away

Spurs Away

City Away

Southampton Away

Hull Away

The other games he's missed:

Hull Home - 1 point

QPR Home - 3 points

City Home - 1 point.

Edited by MC11

barry- helps defence

besic- helps defence

mirallas- helps attack

mgeady-helps attack

barkley-helps attack

and there you have it. mcCarthy links up play going forward and makes goals line clearences and last ditch tackles for that back four. barry & besic have shown nothing going forward and mgeady,barkley and mirallas have been left wanting defensively. he's our best all rounder.

There is some absolute shite gets talked on here and the last paragraph is up there with the best of it. James McCarthy does nothing for attack. The lad is the most overrated player in a blue shirt. I have no problem admitting he's a "good" midfielder but the way some of you go on here is ridiculous." £30m+, lynch pin, we aren't a good side without him" the statements are laughable.

I totally forgot we were a shit side before we signed him.

Edited by MC11

The problem is Brett he has stated that McCarthy is overrated. So he has to dilute his importance. The points with and without are so ridiculously powerful that there is no debate. Yet he tries to bring in other variables, its futile.

Every poster on here bar MC values McCarthy as one of or if not the most crucial player we have.

He is overrated. I'll explain where he sits with me.

I like Naismith, I rate him as a good solid Everton player. However I know his limits an know what to expect and not what to expect.

McCarthy sits in the Naismith bracket. A very limited footballer with the ball at his feet, has no footballers brain in terms of creativity & vision.

He is what he is. A good workhorse who won't stop running. But don't try and tell me he's the best player at this club, he's worth £30m, we win or lose because of him. It's complete rubbish and I honestly couldn't care how many of you say otherwise.

The best players in world football offer much more than a one dimensional James McCarthy. He's good - at his job. But he doesn't excell in any other than work rate and protecting the back four.

All this nonsense about him allowing us to play. It's agenda driven favouritism.

Mirallas is by far the best player at this club and if you can't see that (like a chap said in another thread about McCArthy) you don't know your football.

The point is his importance to the club for me.

He is a very important player and does allow others to express themselves. Football isn't all about step overs and overhead kicks. It's about blood and guts too, the dirty jobs like tackling..it's an art.

30+ don't think so, 25 is fair.

And Baines for me is the best player at the club.

Edited by Shukes

I like Naismith, I rate him as a good solid Everton player. However I know his limits an know what to expect and not what to expect.

McCarthy sits in the Naismith bracket. A very limited footballer with the ball at his feet, has no footballers brain in terms of creativity & vision.

He is what he is. A good workhorse who won't stop running. But don't try and tell me he's the best player at this club, he's worth £30m, we win or lose because of him. It's complete rubbish and I honestly couldn't care how many of you say otherwise.

The best players in world football offer much more than a one dimensional James McCarthy. He's good - at his job. But he doesn't excell in any other than work rate and protecting the back four.

All this nonsense about him allowing us to play. It's agenda driven favouritism.

Mirallas is by far the best player at this club and if you can't see that (like a chap said in another thread about McCArthy) you don't know your football.

Ok mc11.I'll put it this way. Mirallas is our best player when he wants to be our best player nd for no more than 30 minutes in a game. McCarthy is the best for 90 minutes. If you see what I'm getting at. McCarthy is also an attacking threat cause he doesn't play safe like a Lucas and pass it two yards whilst sitting in the hole. He drives into spaces and gains yards on the field. That is an attacking threat in my eyes.

Edited by Brett Angel

MC, I won't waste any more time on this point but before I get to it you are seriously THICK mate.

You talk about homework??? For fucks sake man I have given you clear stats win draw and lose in a points system and you revert to "games we've lost without McCarthy" - it's the games we haven't won without him that's the problem!!!

you can scramble all you like. Just looking sad now. Give it up.

MC, I won't waste any more time on this point but before I get to it you are seriously THICK mate.

You talk about homework??? For fucks sake man I have given you clear stats win draw and lose in a points system and you revert to "games we've lost without McCarthy" - it's the games we haven't won without him that's the problem!!!

you can scramble all you like. Just looking sad now. Give it up.

How can you base points taken on ONE player? There are SO many other factors involved in football games! I've listed them! So many! X

The points we've dropped this season without him are much much tougher games than the ones we've picked up points in! It's just fact!

Edited by MC11

You should watch beach football, football masters and shite like that. Get all the showboating superstars. No need for proper midfielders.

Once you learn to accept a tackle is as important as a dribble you may be alright on this forum. Till then you just sound like a teenage girl with a crush on Kevin mirallas.

You should watch beach football, football masters and shite like that. Get all the showboating superstars. No need for proper midfielders.

Once you learn to accept a tackle is as important as a dribble you may be alright on this forum. Till then you just sound like a teenage girl with a crush on Kevin mirallas.

I'd be alright on this forum? Why because I should agree with you? Do1 mate x

How can you base points taken on ONE player? There are SO many other factors involved in football games! I've listed them! So many! X

The points we've dropped this season without him are much much tougher games than the ones we've picked up points in! It's just fact!

Well fuckin list them then? Give me tangible reasons why my stats don't stand. Edited by Hafnia

Read back!

I've listed them you've skim read again!

That pile of shite?

I've given you stats over the 26 games we have played.... Not a handful of "oh that will do my case good".

James McCarthy and his inclusion or exclusion is the most single desisive factor in our season. Good vs bad. FACT disprove it.

You can pull out temperature stats, wind direction etc etc etc. But look at how Chelsea performed without the non dribbling, non assistting, non goal scoring makalele..

That pile of shite?I've given you stats over the 26 games we have played.... Not a handful of "oh that will do my case good".James McCarthy and his inclusion or exclusion is the most single desisive factor in our season. Good vs bad. FACT disprove it.You can pull out temperature stats, wind direction etc etc etc. But look at how Chelsea performed without the non dribbling, non assistting, non goal scoring makalele..

You've summed it up perfectly. It's a team game. You couldn't win with 11 Makelele's. It's a team game. So to base points collected on one player is RIDICULOUS!

I don't know where the temp, windstats have come from - I haven't mentioned it. I've gave you a valid argument. You've either not read them or you've turned a blind eye because they suit your agenda!

One of the major questions about RM is whether he fails to prepare our lads to defend corners and set pieces. In any case, I assume virtually all of us agree that Everton have performed poorly in this area. Palpable nervousness on this board, and in Goodison, when opponent prepares to take a corner.

I am (relatively) happy to report that in today's match at the Etihad, Man City defenders have equalled, and possibly outdone, ours in allowing an embarrassingly easy goal from a Giroud header. In fact, 3 Arsenal attackers got ahead of lethargic Man City defenders. Watch it on MOTD.

One of the major questions about RM is whether he fails to prepare our lads to defend corners and set pieces. In any case, I assume virtually all of us agree that Everton have performed poorly in this area. Palpable nervousness on this board, and in Goodison, when opponent prepares to take a corner.

I am (relatively) happy to report that in today's match at the Etihad, Man City defenders have equalled, and possibly outdone, ours in allowing an embarrassingly easy goal from a Giroud header. In fact, 3 Arsenal attackers got ahead of lethargic Man City defenders. Watch it on MOTD.

The really annoying thing about this season is that top four was there for the taking. Liverpool/United/Spurs in particular were all as poor as we've been earlier on but they've pulled out of it, despite still not playing well. Arsenal not great either and City we deserved at least four points.

Down to those first two matches for me; we had six points in the bag and ended up with two, could have been so different.

The really annoying thing about this season is that top four was there for the taking. Liverpool/United/Spurs in particular were all as poor as we've been earlier on but they've pulled out of it, despite still not playing well. Arsenal not great either and City we deserved at least four points.

Down to those first two matches for me; we had six points in the bag and ended up with two, could have been so different.

Just a footnote to a normal chat.

Sorry folks, just took a step back and realised I'm being dragged down. Some just can't handle the fact that a great player doesn't dribble, doesn't score, doesn't do step overs.

Yeah, if last season was this season top 4 no doubt. I actually think we will be sound by March.

OK. I'm going to run a multidimensional regression analysis of points versus three independent variables: (i) home game versus away game; (ii) current position of each opponent in the league table; and (iii) whether or not McCarthy played. Then I'll do the same for whether Mirallas played. Let's see if the numbers really do show a dependency on these two players.

OK. I'm going to run a multidimensional regression analysis of points versus three independent variables: (i) home game versus away game; (ii) current position of each opponent in the league table; and (iii) whether or not McCarthy played. Then I'll do the same for whether Mirallas played. Let's see if the numbers really do show a dependency on these two players.

Cornish,Cornish,Cornish

Spot on !

Statistics, certainly within football are waste of time, total job creation, to be spouted by idiots when they have nothing else to say!

Player x covers 7 miles during a game, which is better than player y who covers 5.Thing is the stats don't tell you player x had his finger up his arse for 3 miles and didn't make one usefull contribution to the game.Thing is he most be better than y because of distance covered.

Another well spouted stat is passes made, player x made 28 during a game, player y made 56, no mention of length of pass, quality of pass, was he under pressure when he made it, did it lead to anything !!

Headers won during a match !.....how close was the defender, was he fouling him, how good was the cross/pass, sun in his eyes, strong wind.....it's endless.

Shankley, clough etc would probably be able to show certain people what they could do with their list of stats!

I don't want the stats from Mondays game against WBA, I want 3 points, I just want to see my team put in 100%.

Though I'm sure someone will tell me that according to stats most will only put in about 72% :crying:

The teams do look at very precise stats but they are condensed to simple forms for simpletons like you.

Naughty naughty naughty.

I hope, for the sanity of this forum, that the results are inconclusive!

barry- helps defence

besic- helps defence

mirallas- helps attack

mgeady-helps attack

barkley-helps attack

id agree with everything except Besic; he does the same thing as McCarthy except he has a much better passing. Can't wait to get the 2 playing together (for the games Barry is suspended in of course, that's the only opportunity

After yet another pedestrian, clueless performance tonight following two uplifting performances in the cup spurred on by late goals against a side we usually beat, Martinez has to go because these players can't do what he wants them to do and we can't afford to buy a whole new squad. Martinez WIll take us down, within next three seasons.

Naismith just been on radio - Mirallas didn't even show in dressing room at half time!

There is some absolute shite gets talked on here and the last paragraph is up there with the best of it. James McCarthy does nothing for attack. The lad is the most overrated player in a blue shirt. I have no problem admitting he's a "good" midfielder but the way some of you go on here is ridiculous." £30m+, lynch pin, we aren't a good side without him" the statements are laughable.

I totally forgot we were a shit side before we signed him.

Ross Barkley. Ponderous, as slow thinking as he is moving. Bloody hell.

Ross Barkley. Ponderous, as slow thinking as he is moving. Bloody hell.

Felt sorry for Barkley tonight , the crowd are on his back no matter what he does. The lads confidence is totally in shreds. If I was Roberto I would take him out of the firing line and only play him away from Goodison until he gets his form back

Felt sorry for Barkley tonight , the crowd are on his back no matter what he does. The lads confidence is totally in shreds. If I was Roberto I would take him out of the firing line and only play him away from Goodison until he gets his form back

I absolutely agree.

It doesn't feel fair. He hasn't created this expectation himself...we, Martinez and the media have.

Sit him out for a few games. Like Lukaku had to.

Yes. Moaning before the balls even met his feet.

THE CLUB IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. ROBERTO NEEDS TO BE SACKED!