Hull City 24

Stoke 25

Spurs 26

Sunderland 27

Leicester 28

Newcastle 28

Burnley 29

QPR 32

Add in the weekends goals, think we are 8th defensively from game 4 to 22. Again, maybe emphasising Martinez relaxed concern about our defending.

Not that it's all ok.

But my main focus would be how the goals have dried up.

While we may have steadied up at the back, up top we are struggling to score.

Can't be arsed just now to look at all the results, but the problems in recent times lay more up top than at the back.

OMG brown nosing here. I'd rather put pins in me eyes than turn up to that party

Maybe when you grow up and stop trying to use the forum as a means of trying to wind people up I may be able to respectfully disagree with you.

Till then you will continue to be given lessons you just won't learn.

Edited by Hafnia

Its a discussion if you don't bother to provide a counter argument. If you don't agree, prove your case rather than resort to pubescent retorts.

I've provided a counter argument with valid points! if he wants to go against it he should provide stats to say otherwise. I haven't the time or energy to waste looking at stats from 20 odd games. Haf might have but I haven't

Maybe when you grow up and stop trying to use the forum as a means of trying to wind people up I may be able to respectfully disagree with you.

Till then you will continue to be given lessons you just won't learn.

Honestly Haf you are a self-obsessed narcissist. The last sentence.... As though you sit higher. Your a tit!

I've provided a counter argument with valid points! if he wants to go against it he should provide stats to say otherwise. I haven't the time or energy to waste looking at stats from 20 odd games. Haf might have but I haven't

Well its cold over here, but hell hasn't frozen over yet. You've nay-sayed and bickered, but not provided any valid points for an argument.

Thats because you cannot argue the trend looks to be more than a coincidence.

If you don't want to debate, don't challenge those who can be bothered.

Edited by Matt

Well its cold over here, but hell hasn't frozen over yet. You've nay-sayed and bickered, but not provided any valid points for an argument.

Thats because you cannot argue the trend looks to be more than a coincidence.

If you don't want to debate, don't challenge those who can be bothered.

I've gave plenty of valid points. Read.

Honestly Haf you are a self-obsessed narcissist. The last sentence.... As though you sit higher. Your a tit!

Nah I'm not, I'm just aware of the fact that you aren't very good at debating for the following reasons:-

Flimsy opinions

Contradictory statements

The need to bicker

Immaturity

no evidence when questioned

Inability to challenge facts with counter facts

The fact that I'm able to pretty much blow you out the water at will means you get frustrated as above.

It's fine, I understand.

Nah I'm not, I'm just aware of the fact that you aren't very good at debating for the following reasons:-

Flimsy opinions

Contradictory statements

The need to bicker

Immaturity

no evidence when questioned

Inability to challenge facts with counter facts

The fact that I'm able to pretty much blow you out the water at will means you get frustrated as above.

It's fine, I understand.

Honestly. Sit back, imagine they're not your posts and read them. Not just this thread just in general. You have a very high opinion of yourself. Narcissist sums you up.

Narcissism

Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply) -shown in this thread - see the brown nosing post.

Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)

Pretending to be more important than they really are

Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements - your pro football career

Claiming to be an "expert" at many things

Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people

Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)

Edited by MC11

I get where some peeps are coming from about stats...what about the opponent, did so and so play, was that team in form etc etc..

The thing is, when you get simple stats such as 'games played in, points won', and you take these simple but effective stats over a period of time, a true pattern emerges. Sometimes there's no need to look at the micros, when the macros tell the story. You start diving into micros, and the possibilities are endless. You end up using a lot of effort just to get back to the original macro assumption.

Quite right. After all what is the league table other than a collected set of statistics?

Honestly. Sit back, imagine they're not your posts and read them. Not just this thread just in general. You have a very high opinion of yourself. Narcissist sums you up.

I know quite well how my posts look in response to the shite you fire out. It's annoying isn't it.

When someone behaves like a child it's a good idea to treat them dismissively. It really pisses them off. As in your case proven.

I know quite well how my posts look in response to the shite you fire out. It's annoying isn't it.

When someone behaves like a child it's a good idea to treat them dismissively. It really pisses them off. As in your case proven.

Ok, must be your self imaginary importance kicking in there. I'm fine.

Narcissism

Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply) -shown in this thread - see the brown nosing post.

Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)

Pretending to be more important than they really are

Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements - your pro football career

Claiming to be an "expert" at many things

Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people

Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)

Ah don't get too upset Mr Freud. The majority of forum posters have narcissistic traits. Some more than others.

Anyway get off Wikipedia and get looking at footy stats, I'm waiting for your counter argument.

Read up on Dr Kinsey after you've done your research on Freud, you may feel at bit more at ease about your feelings towards mirallas.

Quite right. After all what is the league table other than a collected set of statistics?

Yeah. One big fat Macro stat.

Just as the McCarthy stat is attempting to be ripped apart you could do the same with our much talked about goals conceded stat....

Goals conceded: 34

(Of which conceded against current top 4: 13)

(% Conceded against current top 4: 38)

It tells it's own story. But bottom line is...we have conceded 34 goals. It's not all that important to delve in any more.

At the moment, we win more games with McCarthy than we win without him. No need to delve further.

Ah don't get too upset Mr Freud. The majority of forum posters have narcissistic traits. Some more than others.

Anyway get off Wikipedia and get looking at footy stats, I'm waiting for your counter argument.

Read up on Dr Kinsey after you've done your research on Freud, you may feel at bit more at ease about your feelings towards mirallas.

apparently its been made.... somewhere...

I am very upset. I agree I have narcissistic traits. I must spend more time with my wife.

I get all my stats off Wikipedia, I'm trying my best to ignore your counter argument.

I've read up on Dr Kinsey and I now accept why I have feelings for McCarthy.

At last some sense. Don't worry I accept your apology. Edited by MC11

I understand stats can be misleading and there are many factors and variables involved but this simply comes down to one question

Are we a better and more capable side with Mccarthy included then not?

Sure we are to argue otherwise in my opinion is ridiculous regardless of personal differences and varying player opinions

If you accept stats as a good form of assessing a player team or manager in one instance you have to accept them in the next it's simple

He said in the Echo last night that "real" Evertonians understand that the team have played better than the points gained tally and appreciate we've played good football and don't deserve to be where we are (or words to that effect)

I must not be a real Evertonian then because I just see us playing absolute shite.