IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

When you look at the whole statement, he's quite right. Except for one word...'proper'.

That one word. It changes the whole thing.

When your down....

If you think we've played better than our league position suggests you must be blind Newty because we're exactly were we deserve to be. Home draws and dire ones against West Brom, Hull, Swansea. We were lucky to beat West Ham , Stoke etc Villa is the only home game we've looked half decent in. Shite away performances against Hull we were lucky to draw against Sunderland and Liverpool (at a time they were getting rolled over by everyone)

We're EXACTLY were we DESERVE to be and the brand of football we play is dull and boring.

We've not been "unlucky" all season we've just been shite that's the brutal truth. If Martinez thinks we should be higher up that table than we are on merit this season he's an even bigger fool than I thought.

The man spouts utter shite. He's not at Wigan anymore the prick.

If you think we've played better than our league position suggests you must be blind Newty because we're exactly were we deserve to be. Home draws and dire ones against West Brom, Hull, Swansea. We were lucky to beat West Ham , Stoke etc Villa is the only home game we've looked half decent in. Shite away performances against Hull we were lucky to draw against Sunderland and Liverpool (at a time they were getting rolled over by everyone)

We're EXACTLY were we DESERVE to be and the brand of football we play is dull and boring.

We've not been "unlucky" all season we've just been shite that's the brutal truth. If Martinez thinks we should be higher up that table than we are on merit this season he's an even bigger fool than I thought.

The man spouts utter shite. He's not at Wigan anymore the prick.

Here we go. Now I'm blind. Add that to the list. Just because I might disagree with your total anti Martinez stance.

The league table doesn't lie. We are where we are. No ifs no buts. I'd be daft to defy that at this moment.

My point being, take the word 'proper' out and it changes the whole tone of the statement. That's all the 'antis' have jumped on isn't it?

Honestly Paddock, I like your passion. But you verge on being arrogant. Very arrogant.

My point being, take the word 'proper' out and it changes the whole tone of the statement. That's all the 'antis' have jumped on isn't it?

That's like saying if you take out the fact we've lost so many games this season then we'd be having a good season :lol: . You can't just take the crux of the thing out to downplay something. Martinez made a boo boo, it's as simple as that.

Here we go. Now I'm blind. Add that to the list. Just because I might disagree with your total anti Martinez stance.

The league table doesn't lie. We are where we are. No ifs no buts. I'd be daft to defy that at this moment.

Honestly Paddock, I like your passion. But you verge on being arrogant. Very arrogant.

Newty you're missing the point. Call me what you want mate I'm not really arsed.

Take whatever word or words you want out the interview ANY Evertonian who thinks we are where we are out of bad luck or we have played well enough to be in a better position in the league is seriously deluded because the simple fact is we haven't.

We are where we are because we have been terrible for most of the season and if it doesn't improve we'll go down.

Look at the league look at the wins and losses catergory. Dress it up as much as you like the fact are there for all to see.

Newty you're missing the point. Call me what you want mate I'm not really arsed.

Take whatever word or words you want out the interview ANY Evertonian who thinks we are where we are out of bad luck or we have played well enough to be in a better position in the league is seriously deluded because the simple fact is we haven't.

We are where we are because we have been terrible for most of the season and if it doesn't improve we'll go down.

Look at the league look at the wins and losses catergory. Dress it up as much as you like the fact are there for all to see.

It's ironic that you say I'm missing the point while quoting my post and, Erm, missing the point? Or more significantly, adding in points that I haven't actually made!!!

But anyway, that's that.

That's like saying if you take out the fact we've lost so many games this season then we'd be having a good season :lol: . You can't just take the crux of the thing out to downplay something. Martinez made a boo boo, it's as simple as that.

Im not downplaying anything. He made n error, no doubt. I actually cringed when I read the word 'proper', because I knew people of a certain mindset would jump on it.

All I meant by it, is if you remove that one word, to me, it reads quite true....

Hang on, I'm on my phone, see my next post...

Martinez said...

When results are not going well there is a big fashion to be critical of our football club but proper Evertonians are showing their support and are realistic and are understanding that we have played a lot better than the results show.

Remove one word, the one being jumped on, and it reads quite true...

When results are not going well there is a big fashion to be critical of our football club but Evertonians are showing their support and are realistic and are understanding that we have played a lot better than the results show.

I'm not defending, dressing it up, putting my head in the sand, being deluded, downplaying, er, whatever else. I'm just saying that reads quite true of Evertonians. You know, Evertonians showing their support. Well, most of the time anyway.

Although, I do understand the bit about playing better than the results is a real camp splitter.

Martinez said...

When results are not going well there is a big fashion to be critical of our football club but proper Evertonians are showing their support and are realistic and are understanding that we have played a lot better than the results show.

When results are not going well there is a big fashion to be critical of our football club but Evertonians are showing their support and are realistic and are understanding that we have played a lot better than the results show.

I'm not defending, dressing it up, putting my head in the sand, being deluded, downplaying, er, whatever else. I'm just saying that reads quite true of Evertonians. You know, Evertonians showing their support. Well, most of the time anyway.

Although, I do understand the bit about playing better than the results is a real camp splitter.

But he did say it, and it's a pretty big error on his part when we're in the shit at the moment and could do with something to unite us rather than divide us. He (and the players) deserve to be questioned right now, because performances haven't been great, no matter what he says. So I'm not sure it was particularly wise for him to basically say those questioning things aren't "proper" Evertonians.

I like the man, even though he's doing my head in for many reasons this season, and haven't called for him to be sacked. So I'm not someone who has an agenda to jump on anything to beat him with.

Martinez said...

I'm not missing any point. You're missing my original point which is why I'm making other points!!!!

Forget the "real Evertonians" bit forget he even said that it's the " we have played a lot better than the results show" bit I'm talking about.

Do you really think we have played better than our results have shown this season? Because if you do you are blind and deluded just like Martinez because we've been truely awful most of the season and that's why we are where we are.

That's the point I'm making. Call it real Evertonians, clever ones , phenominal ones, dynamic ones or whatever you like, I'm more arsed that he genuinally thinks our football this season has been a lot better than it has when it hasn't. It's dross and it's shit.

If he came out and said that (not in those words obviously) I'd think fair enough he recognises it but he doesn't I he obviously believes what he's watching is worthy of being higher and better than we are. THAT's what's worrying me and you seem to be agreeing with his thinking.

That's also not saying he was ok to say real Evertonians. It was a poor choice of words so I can forgive him for that.

It's well known here I've never fancied him as our manager but I like the guy, I really do but he spouts absolute shite. Everton fans aren't Wigan fans they wont put up with or swallow it.

Martinez said...

Wow ! Playing better than the results.....a camp splitter!

Other than a couple of European games and a few games where we were average the only games that stand out to me was at Home to Arsenal (untill the last 10 mins) and the game against Villa (where Villa were poor)......the rest, well our league position tells you that story.

Please tell me that there are not thousands of Blues who think our performances have been good.

I thought Evertonians knew good football when they saw it.

We've got some really good players.........some of those players are too good to go down, Everton as a whole this season aren't.

I don't think we have been playing well at all. We have been average at best and deserve to be mid table.

What I do agree with is that there have been matches where we have deserved more and also matches that have been decided by refereeing decisions.

Even a couple of wins...arsenal and Leicester and that's six extra points.

What he said (if he meant it in the way it came across) hasn't done him any favours at all. He's always talked a lot of shit but when things were going well everyone just said his positivity was infectious. I saw right through it. After about four pre-game interviews I stopped watching them.

I'm truly in the camp that says he had Moyes team last season. A solid back four drilled with Moyes etho's - that doesn't go straight away! Slowly it's been trained out of them. Hence the drop in form. Granted his tactics going forward were a breath of fresh air - I can't dispute that but who wouldn't exceed Moyes on that area? It was something we weren't used to seeing. But if you can't drill a back four you're useless.

If his interviews are so boring, predictable and cringeworthy can you imagine being a player having to put up with that 7 days a week? I hope he keeps us up and then Kenwright gets rid. The problem with that though is the damage will have already been done. The better players will be looking elsewhere. We'll make less money across the board. Less televised games, lower attendances, lower league finish etc etc.

The answer to the original question still remains. YES he has got it wrong.

What I find amazing is that some people think they had his number all along, yet I don't recall hearing these sound bites in the summer.

His positivity after all was the reason that we were able to convince Romelu Lukaku to sign for us. Now his positivity is full of shit.

Who's that then? I know I had his number for shit talk before anyone on here. Managerial ability, no. Last season was a good one but there were points in the season were I wasn't happy. Search bar should help you out.

Who's that then? I know I had his number for shit talk before anyone on here. Managerial ability, no. Last season was a good one but there were points in the season were I wasn't happy. Search bar should help you out.

Well why in April 2014 would you post an interview where he quelled Barcelona talk. Then spoke of how he seems the type of man to finish a project???

Just wondering why??? Cos you said you thought he spoke shite after 4 weeks.

Edited by Hafnia

Well why in April 2014 would you post an interview where he quelled Barcelona talk. Then spoke of how he seems the type of man to finish a project???

Just wondering why??? Cos you said you thought he spoke shite after 4 weeks.

Ok I joined here in January last year. It was another forum. However was 100% still the first person to say he talks shit on here. See Roberto Martinez interview thread.

What I find amazing is that some people think they had his number all along, yet I don't recall hearing these sound bites in the summer.

His positivity after all was the reason that we were able to convince Romelu Lukaku to sign for us. Now his positivity is full of shit.

last season we were pushing for 4th, he had every right to be positive. This season were flirting with 4th from bottom, that is not reason to be blindly positive, he needs a dash of reality to show he understands the gravity of the situation

You nailed it mate. You say it as though we're top of the league, undefeated.

What's positive about getting thumped 4-0 at Anfield? 4-1 at the Emirites? I'm yet to see any real emotion. The only thing I see is scripted answers from a textbook. It's as though he's being interviewed for a job. I find his press conferences boring and predictable. But that's just me. I actually can't watch them anymore they are the same every week.

I find it hard to watch more than 5minutes of his interviews.

Everything seems robotic. Says all the right things. Sometimes you need a bit of negativity to be believed. Also he never seems phased by defeat, never angry or arrogant.

I guess that's just his nature.

Hello Haf

But he did say it, and it's a pretty big error on his part when we're in the shit at the moment and could do with something to unite us rather than divide us. He (and the players) deserve to be questioned right now, because performances haven't been great, no matter what he says. So I'm not sure it was particularly wise for him to basically say those questioning things aren't "proper" Evertonians.

I like the man, even though he's doing my head in for many reasons this season, and haven't called for him to be sacked. So I'm not someone who has an agenda to jump on anything to beat him with.

Yeah for sure. Definitely an error.

Everyone knows his nature, he was like that at Wigan.

What do you want him to do??? Cry and say it's awful and he's shitting himself???

Of course he's feeling the pressure. The last thing he's gonna do is send out negative "I'm worried" vibes.

It's how the team are performing that's the issue. If we had an Ian Holloway or Jose Mourinho giving it their charismatic honesty would anyone feel better? He's not stupid. He's the bloke who pretty accurately stated points target last year.

Let him try and get it right on the pitch ffs.

What do you want him to do??? Cry and say it's awful and he's shitting himself???

Of course he's feeling the pressure. The last thing he's gonna do is send out negative "I'm worried" vibes.

It's how the team are performing that's the issue. If we had an Ian Holloway or Jose Mourinho giving it their charismatic honesty would anyone feel better? He's not stupid. He's the bloke who pretty accurately stated points target last year.

I want him to show emotion when we were shite say it!! He talks absolute shit at times

i didn't agree with his media approach at Wigan either.

What I want is for him to show he recognises the situation we're in. None of this "performances have been better than results", because on the whole (there are a couple of exceptions) we've been dire. Even preseason, when I was still hungover from the success of the previous campaign, we were crap, and I thought he'd pull it together once the season started.

There are a multitude of reasons were in the situation we're in. But putting a smile on all the time comes across as condescending sometimes. I by no means want him out, i think he can turn it around and we will finish 8th, but at the same time he needs to man up I and tone down the charm offensive.

i didn't agree with his media approach at Wigan either.

What I want is for him to show he recognises the situation we're in. None of this "performances have been better than results", because on the whole (there are a couple of exceptions) we've been dire. Even preseason, when I was still hungover from the success of the previous campaign, we were crap, and I thought he'd pull it together once the season started.

There are a multitude of reasons were in the situation we're in. But putting a smile on all the time comes across as condescending sometimes. I by no means want him out, i think he can turn it around and we will finish 8th, but at the same time he needs to man up I and tone down the charm offensive.

11th

I'm not missing any point. You're missing my original point which is why I'm making other points!!!!

Forget the "real Evertonians" bit forget he even said that it's the " we have played a lot better than the results show" bit I'm talking about.

Do you really think we have played better than our results have shown this season? Because if you do you are blind and deluded just like Martinez because we've been truely awful most of the season and that's why we are where we are.

That's the point I'm making. Call it real Evertonians, clever ones , phenominal ones, dynamic ones or whatever you like, I'm more arsed that he genuinally thinks our football this season has been a lot better than it has when it hasn't. It's dross and it's shit.

If he came out and said that (not in those words obviously) I'd think fair enough he recognises it but he doesn't I he obviously believes what he's watching is worthy of being higher and better than we are. THAT's what's worrying me and you seem to be agreeing with his thinking.

I get you now. I thought you were putting the emphasis on 'proper' (or 'real' as you put it).

See I was only talking about the 'proper' part. And the bit about Evertonians showing their support. That's what stuck in my mind.

As already said earlier, I don't think we deserve more than we have. And at no point have I said that. I don't believe in that sort of thing over a long period of time. We are where we are. And as I've said several times in topics on the forum, we haven't played near our best in large parts. But I do think there are games we have played well in and should have had more from.

Wow ! Playing better than the results.....a camp splitter!

Other than a couple of European games and a few games where we were average the only games that stand out to me was at Home to Arsenal (untill the last 10 mins) and the game against Villa (where Villa were poor)......the rest, well our league position tells you that story.

Please tell me that there are not thousands of Blues who think our performances have been good.

I thought Evertonians knew good football when they saw it.

We've got some really good players.........some of those players are too good to go down, Everton as a whole this season aren't.

No. I think, on the whole, we all agree we haven't been good enough this season.

But there have been games where we have done well enough. We'll be split on how many games and which games they were.

Just get behind him. 3 points tomorrow, if he learns what he needs to learn then we have a great manager on our hands. I've said this before.

I understand the frustration of propaganda. But let's be honest as Everton fans is it New?

Absolutely.

My big hope is that he is learning. A lot. Those who believe in him and his philosophy, need him to learn from the season so far.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-8550935

I do think when Kevin Mirallas is fit and with Aiden McGeady - and the possibility of Ross Barkley and Steven Naismith to play in those positions - I think we are strong enough in those areas at the moment,” the Catalan said.

Words fail me :doh:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-8550935

I do think when Kevin Mirallas is fit and with Aiden McGeady - and the possibility of Ross Barkley and Steven Naismith to play in those positions - I think we are strong enough in those areas at the moment,” the Catalan said.

Words fail me :doh:

After the realism of another of his interviews that gave me hope, this statement has brought me crashing back down to earth!