Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Has Martinez got it wrong?

seriously give it up.

I'm gonna be 100% straight with you now.

If you want to go round engaging debate start using your brain and stop trying to blag it. You get annoyed with the people who disagree with you and your flimsy comments - the reality is that you are getting annoyed at yourself. You keep creating definitions and question anyone who disagrees with them.

Me and Matt can argue all day long but it is healthy intelligent debate, with you its like arguing with a 15 year old. No offense as I do like you as you are active and have plenty of opion etc but seriously some thimes you just need to think"yeah, got that one wrong" and leave it there.

Oh no it isnt :shaking fist:

Actually agree with Haf on this, Graveson was an animal but he was far from a maestro. Carsley was one of my favourite Everton players of all time but he wasn't a maestro either. Defining a midfielder in 1 phrase is not possible in my opinion, even if you go with "maestro" in the title.

I saw a completely different player then. Because in his final season (especially) he was absolutely brilliant to watch and a much better footballer than he's given credit for.

I saw a completely different player then. Because in his final season (especially) he was absolutely brilliant to watch and a much better footballer than he's given credit for.

He was an excellent player, I didn't mean to say he wasn't. But a guy who dictated the game? Not for me.

Tell you who will in time, and thats Besic. Barkley too if he drops back.

Barkley showed glimpses against QPR that he could become one. The problem is this manager won't use him there unless he has to. It's very evident Martinez likes his sitters. Not creative central midfielders.

Bit lively isn't it?!

Not sure why Moyes has to keep coming along. The blokes been gone for 18 months. Good luck to him but comparisons of an 18 month tenure to an 11 year one...well, pointless.

I agree on the mid season report. Definitely a C -!!!

Barkley showed glimpses against QPR that he could become one. The problem is this manager won't use him there unless he has to. It's very evident Martinez likes his sitters. Not creative central midfielders.

Baines has the potential to do this. Over time, so does Besic.

Could be, but hes too naive for the moment. We got away with him being so deep because QPR were so poor.

Could be, but hes too naive for the moment. We got away with him being so deep because QPR were so poor.

I reckon giving him the added responsibility of playing deeper, and needing to make less mistakes, would help him to cut the naivety out of his game myself. He's got to learn at some point and we need to try something.

I reckon giving him the added responsibility of playing deeper, and needing to make less mistakes, would help him to cut the naivety out of his game myself. He's got to learn at some point and we need to try something.

true, but learning and making mistakes that deep means theres no cushion between him and the defence. That scares me a little.

I think the decision are easier to make sitting deeper. A lot clearer to see who's open and where to pass. When he's more advanced on the edge of the box its tight difficult passes and that's why he was up against the wall.

For me its more that he tries to do it all himself rather than even look for the pass.

For me its more that he tries to do it all himself rather than even look for the pass.

Right and I think that's why. It's so tight he can't make some of those tricky passes (rightfully so) so he just goes it alone. He looked way more of a team player when he sat deep because he could see the passes and made them. Didn't have to take it on himself if there was someone open.

Right and I think that's why. It's so tight he can't make some of those tricky passes (rightfully so) so he just goes it alone. He looked way more of a team player when he sat deep because he could see the passes and made them. Didn't have to take it on himself if there was someone open.

I agree with all but the bold. Because his decision making is so slow, usually there is someone open but he doesn't see them until its too late, so he makes the situation worse by himself. Not always, but a lot of the time.

This exactly. He's starting to believe in his own hype and wants it to be the Ross Barkley show rather than about the team. I'm hoping this will be knocked out of him as he matures.

This exactly. He's starting to believe in his own hype and wants it to be the Ross Barkley show rather than about the team. I'm hoping this will be knocked out of him as he matures.

It should come with time and experience, even if hes not the quickest mentally (at least, thats how hes come across in his interviews). Martinez is partly to blame here too, not worrying about him making mistakes. If hes making the same mistakes over and over, he needs educating!

It should come with time and experience, even if hes not the quickest mentally (at least, thats how hes come across in his interviews). Martinez is partly to blame here too, not worrying about him making mistakes. If hes making the same mistakes over and over, he needs educating!

Yep. When you're growing and maturing and learning if someone isn't there to point out where you're going wrong or making mistakes then you'll just carry on doing what you're doing thinking everything is going just fine.

His brand of football has become boring.

No sure if we're playing his brand of football at the moment. We're just not playing well.

We have played some lovely stuff under him ANC I'm hoping we get back to that.

Something does need to change though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2886928/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-s-style-not-problem-players-just-need-master-it.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

'But I am not concerned in terms of performances. I don't think we are far away from where we were last season. I would say we are even better in many aspects of our performances"

To be fair we do seem to be more adept at the pointless 5 yard pass and our ability to concede sloppy goals has come on leaps and bounds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2886928/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-s-style-not-problem-players-just-need-master-it.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

'But I am not concerned in terms of performances. I don't think we are far away from where we were last season. I would say we are even better in many aspects of our performances"

To be fair we do seem to be more adept at the pointless 5 yard pass and our ability to concede sloppy goals has come on leaps and bounds

Does he believe the garbage he says, or does he just continue to say nothing but positive things to the media for appearance's sake?

Guys... I think I've crossed the "He needs to go" line. We may end up pointless in the next 3 games and then... I don't want to think about it.

It's a little to early for that tbh! But he's going the right way about it.

Anyone who seriously thinks that needs to have a bet on it. 200/1 with SportingBet, chance to make a mint.

Be keeping my money in my pocket.

It's a barmy suggestion to talk of relegation battles.

But I understand people's reasons.

Yeah I forgot , we are a footballing side who are going to pass our way out of trouble

Just pointing out that the bookies don't agree with you, they may have it wrong. If you truly believe it then get your mortgage on it and you can retire in luxury. Would soften the blow of going down for sure.

Just pointing out that the bookies don't agree with you, they may have it wrong. If you truly believe it then get your mortgage on it and you can retire in luxury. Would soften the blow of going down for sure.

I hope your right Mike. Im not normally one for a knee jerk reaction but our form is woeful and Martinez refuses to believe there is a problem. It all starting to feel like Mike Walker's reign .

We were absolutely clueless again today. I honestly cant think of a single positive to take from that shite

Forget knee jerk,,,, just some jerks in this forum. We won't end up in a relegation battle and we will go far in Europe. Look across the park. He has them within a few points of winning the title and this season they are complete wank. Do you hear any red shite fan crying for Rodgers to go....no, proper supporters

Forget knee jerk,,,, just some jerks in this forum. We won't end up in a relegation battle and we will go far in Europe. Look across the park. He has them within a few points of winning the title and this season they are complete wank. Do you hear any red shite fan crying for Rodgers to go....no, proper supporters

Yes. Lots of them.

Check out rs forums, I'd say it's 50/50.

Why can't we go down, keep losing at home or maybe grab a draw, and lose away from home = relegation.

We've got some of the best players in the prem, most probably better than the bulk of the players at Stoke, Hull, Palace and many other teams, can we beat them !!

If I can find a bookie offering 200-1 on Everton going down, there's no way I'm not putting £10 on, maybe more.

And don't start with the shit about me not being a true Evertonian, I've spent too much money and shed too many tears for that rubbish.

There hasn't been anything in the last month to month and a half to show that we are playing well... look at the results but more importantly, the performances everyone has put in. That and injuries are killing us this year. If we can't beat Hull or a weaken Southampton team or Stoke at home, where does that leave us?

Players wise and on paper there is no way that I would dream we go down but if we continue these results into the next month... then what. For Christ sakes, I saw somewhere that we've only one 2 league games in a month just once so far... and the other months just one game (including December) unacceptable.

This has to be the worst post ever.... I'd say well over 50% of Liverpool fans want him gone.

I don't think we'll get relegated but Is think we'll finish below the top 10. Something we ain't done in a while.

We are well off form. No doubt. We are playing shite. No doubt. Have we really got going this season? Not really. There's been glimpses but nothing for more than 1 game at a time.

It's all frustrating, of course it is. The injuries, the errors, the form, the tempo, the intensity etc. All very frustrating.

But relegation fight? Sack Martinez? In decline? And the rest? Wigan?? Not a chance.

Really glad I'm not of this ilk.

I stand by it...This squad of players and this manager will come good.

We are well off form. No doubt. We are playing shite. No doubt. Have we really got going this season? Not really. There's been glimpses but nothing for more than 1 game at a time.

It's all frustrating, of course it is. The injuries, the errors, the form, the tempo, the intensity etc. All very frustrating.

But relegation fight? Sack Martinez? In decline? And the rest? Wigan?? Not a chance.

Really glad I'm not of this ilk.

I stand by it...This squad of players and this manager will come good.

I hope you're right. But it won't be this season. Our only hope is a massive win in Europe. It's definitely do-able but it won't be based on fantastic football it will be based on a lot of luck!

How will we be relegated when we bashed qpr 3-0? Not possible. For all the shit we play we can still beat some garbage teams. Stoke is decent this year, oh well. Don't think we'll be in a relegation battle, I will put some money on europa though. Remember we still have that and the FA cup.

I hope you're right. But it won't be this season. Our only hope is a massive win in Europe. It's definitely do-able but it won't be based on fantastic football it will be based on a lot of luck!

Honestly man, I just can't see how this lot can keep playing this for much longer.

I also think that 4th-6th will require a lower points total than previous seasons just because of how many results are a bit unexpected. I still think we'll be pushing top 7. But we need to click into action pretty soon.

At the end if the day, we'll wait and see. It's not really a time for anyone to be 'right' or 'wrong' to be honest.

This has to be the worst post ever.... I'd say well over 50% of Liverpool fans want him gone.

I don't think we'll get relegated but Is think we'll finish below the top 10. Something we ain't done in a while.

50% aye..... Thats one of your two mates then pal. I don't go off red forums, I have mates who are true reds plus there mates plus work mates plus true scousers on radio. This equals a reliable source, not your shit

How will we be relegated when we bashed qpr 3-0? Not possible. For all the shit we play we can still beat some garbage teams. Stoke is decent this year, oh well. Don't think we'll be in a relegation battle, I will put some money on europa though. Remember we still have that and the FA cup.

Wasn't 3-0....it was 3-1, they were without their leading goalscorer and we scored with 3 deflected goals, but if your looking for positives and going back over say the last six or seven games...... then yes we're doing really well.

I'd take a couple of deflected winners in the next two games.

If I can find a bookie offering 200-1 on Everton going down, there's no way I'm not putting £10 on, maybe more.

No need to look, I posted the info earlier. SportingBet.

If it's dropped from that I'll happily give you 200/1, just let me know how much you want to donate to my holiday fund and we're sorted.

On you go. Let us know how much you put on.

http://www.statto.com/football/odds/england/premier-league/relegation

Never bet on line and don't intend to start, I'll walk into any high street betting shop offering 200-1 and put what ever amount of money I wish on that outcome.

It would destroy me to have walk back in and collect a hefty wedge because we had been relegated, but I be even more sick to go down without a few thousand pounds to ease the pain.

On the 09-08-14 I put £15 on Everton to win the prem at odds of 150-1......you take a look at the league table and think about our present form, the shite football we are playing and how lesser teams are taking the piss out of us.

200-1 to be in the bottom three or 150-1 to finish top, you tell me which would attract a person with a random £10 !

Don't worry.....when you bet against Everton, a fairy doesn't die, goodisons foundations don't develop a major crack and the players don't weep !!

Mind you some of the players and more so the manager should be losing sleep at the moment.

Never bet on line and don't intend to start, I'll walk into any high street betting shop offering 200-1 and put what ever amount of money I wish on that outcome.

It would destroy me to have walk back in and collect a hefty wedge because we had been relegated, but I be even more sick to go down without a few thousand pounds to ease the pain.

On the 09-08-14 I put £15 on Everton to win the prem at odds of 150-1......you take a look at the league table and think about our present form, the shite football we are playing and how lesser teams are taking the piss out of us.

200-1 to be in the bottom three or 150-1 to finish top, you tell me which would attract a person with a random £10 !

Don't worry.....when you bet against Everton, a fairy doesn't die, goodisons foundations don't develop a major crack and the players don't weep !!

Mind you some of the players and more so the manager should be losing sleep at the moment.

None would attract me tbh. A spare tenner is better spent elsewhere. I'm not a betting man at all, been in a bookies once and that wasn't even for me!!!

It's a mugs game. You never see a skint bookie.

It doesn't at all worry me if peeps bet against Everton. Not arsed. It just makes me wonder why people throw money away on something that won't happen. But then surely if you think something will happen, it doesn't matter if it's 200-1 or 25-1??? Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea about the betting man's mindset!!!

None would attract me tbh. A spare tenner is better spent elsewhere. I'm not a betting man at all, been in a bookies once and that wasn't even for me!!!

It's a mugs game. You never see a skint bookie.

It doesn't at all worry me if peeps bet against Everton. Not arsed. It just makes me wonder why people throw money away on something that won't happen. But then surely if you think something will happen, it doesn't matter if it's 200-1 or 25-1??? Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea about the betting man's mindset!!!

What you really don't understand the difference between 25-1 and 200-1........yep!, you really need to keep out of betting shops.

The mindset of a betting man, well let's see, the prospect of turning £1 into £200 when you can quite eaily afford to lose £1, does to me seem a little of fun, and better spent on that than on fags or booze.

Excuse my ignorance.......can you tell me why people throw money away on something that can kill them !!!

What you really don't understand the difference between 25-1 and 200-1........yep!, you really need to keep out of betting shops.

The mindset of a betting man, well let's see, the prospect of turning £1 into £200 when you can quite eaily afford to lose £1, does to me seem a little of fun, and better spent on that than on fags or booze.

Excuse my ignorance.......can you tell me why people throw money away on something that can kill them !!!

Of course I understand the difference you goon!!! Haha! Fuckin hell...maybe I didn't make my point very well. What I meant was, if you thought something was definitely going to happen...wouldn't you bet on it anyway regardless of the odds? I mean, you're gonna win right? You just pick the shop offering the best odds? But why bet on something if you don't think it will happen just because the odds are good? I dunno, like I say, not a betting man so don't understand the mindset. Anyway, you shifted the goal posts...we went from a spare tenner to a spare pound!!!

And I'm also ignorant as to why people throw money away on things that can kill them (I assume you mean booze and fags?), so I can't answer that sorry. Although booze and fags in moderation won't actually kill you.