IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

Barkley showed glimpses against QPR that he could become one. The problem is this manager won't use him there unless he has to. It's very evident Martinez likes his sitters. Not creative central midfielders.

Could be, but hes too naive for the moment. We got away with him being so deep because QPR were so poor.

Could be, but hes too naive for the moment. We got away with him being so deep because QPR were so poor.

I reckon giving him the added responsibility of playing deeper, and needing to make less mistakes, would help him to cut the naivety out of his game myself. He's got to learn at some point and we need to try something.

I reckon giving him the added responsibility of playing deeper, and needing to make less mistakes, would help him to cut the naivety out of his game myself. He's got to learn at some point and we need to try something.

true, but learning and making mistakes that deep means theres no cushion between him and the defence. That scares me a little.

I think the decision are easier to make sitting deeper. A lot clearer to see who's open and where to pass. When he's more advanced on the edge of the box its tight difficult passes and that's why he was up against the wall.

For me its more that he tries to do it all himself rather than even look for the pass.

For me its more that he tries to do it all himself rather than even look for the pass.

Right and I think that's why. It's so tight he can't make some of those tricky passes (rightfully so) so he just goes it alone. He looked way more of a team player when he sat deep because he could see the passes and made them. Didn't have to take it on himself if there was someone open.

Right and I think that's why. It's so tight he can't make some of those tricky passes (rightfully so) so he just goes it alone. He looked way more of a team player when he sat deep because he could see the passes and made them. Didn't have to take it on himself if there was someone open.

I agree with all but the bold. Because his decision making is so slow, usually there is someone open but he doesn't see them until its too late, so he makes the situation worse by himself. Not always, but a lot of the time.

This exactly. He's starting to believe in his own hype and wants it to be the Ross Barkley show rather than about the team. I'm hoping this will be knocked out of him as he matures.

It should come with time and experience, even if hes not the quickest mentally (at least, thats how hes come across in his interviews). Martinez is partly to blame here too, not worrying about him making mistakes. If hes making the same mistakes over and over, he needs educating!

It should come with time and experience, even if hes not the quickest mentally (at least, thats how hes come across in his interviews). Martinez is partly to blame here too, not worrying about him making mistakes. If hes making the same mistakes over and over, he needs educating!

Yep. When you're growing and maturing and learning if someone isn't there to point out where you're going wrong or making mistakes then you'll just carry on doing what you're doing thinking everything is going just fine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2886928/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-s-style-not-problem-players-just-need-master-it.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

'But I am not concerned in terms of performances. I don't think we are far away from where we were last season. I would say we are even better in many aspects of our performances"

To be fair we do seem to be more adept at the pointless 5 yard pass and our ability to concede sloppy goals has come on leaps and bounds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2886928/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-s-style-not-problem-players-just-need-master-it.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

'But I am not concerned in terms of performances. I don't think we are far away from where we were last season. I would say we are even better in many aspects of our performances"

To be fair we do seem to be more adept at the pointless 5 yard pass and our ability to concede sloppy goals has come on leaps and bounds

Does he believe the garbage he says, or does he just continue to say nothing but positive things to the media for appearance's sake?