IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

The biggest crime in football for me are people who shortchange the fans. Be it a player who won't work for the team, a chairman who runs the club shite, a manager who won't see the error of his ways.

The biggest thing that compounds all this is when they come out with shit and insult the intelligence of the fans. That for me pisses me off. Don't tell us something is good when it's shit.

Martinez is on thin ice with me. Loved him to start with, but when he uses positivity as a means of rejecting any criticism that may come his way then he can start packing his bags.

Just returned from Germany.

BOOMen.

He wont be sacked not a chance and as much as I bleat on about him I don't want him sacked and that confuses me big time because every fibre of my body screams he's wrong for us and is going to take us down yet I don't want him sacked and there's a tiny part of me wishing like mad that I'm going to be wrong and he'll come good.

Weird I know and I can't explain it myself.

He wont be sacked not a chance and as much as I bleat on about him I don't want him sacked and that confuses me big time because every fibre of my body screams he's wrong for us and is going to take us down yet I don't want him sacked and there's a tiny part of me wishing like mad that I'm going to be wrong and he'll come good.

Weird I know and I can't explain it myself.

Maybe it's a bit of pride that Everton aren't like the rest and sack managers? If we were to sack Martinez now, we are just another football club.

I've put my cards on the table earlier on. And I'm sticking to it.

It's not enjoyable at the moment. And in the words of Paddock, I must be a glue sniffer because I don't see us in a relegation battle.

Not immediately, but the 2nd half of the season will be much better than the 1st.

Maybe it's a bit of pride that Everton aren't like the rest and sack managers? If we were to sack Martinez now, we are just another football club.

No, we won't sack him cause iI can't think of another manager that has exceeded his predecessors of the year earlier and cleared up in Europe thus far.... That's why I laugh at these people who say he's wrong for us. I used to believe that we had fans who took no shit and that was good but I'm starting to think that all everton fans want is a Neil Warnock who'll guarantee derby wins and maybe a chance in a cup once in a while. Bobby is still building. You want to make an omelette your gonna have to break a few eggs. If this happened first season, i would be worried, but he's already proved to being a good thinking, logical, pro active manager. Now the players need to play for him. Some players you just can't teach a certain style to cause all there worried about is there own window and what they can do on the ball. It's selfish and it's killing us.

Edited by Brett Angel

No, we won't sack him cause iI can't think of another manager that has exceeded his predecessors of the year earlier and cleared up in Europe thus far.... That's why I laugh at these people who say he's wrong for us. I used to believe that we had fans who took no shit and that was good but I'm starting to think that all everton fans want is a Neil Warnock who'll guarantee derby wins and maybe a chance in a cup once in a while. Bobby is still building. You want to make an omelette your gonna have to break a few eggs. If this happened first season, i would be worried, but he's already proved to being a good thinking, logical, pro active manager. Now the players need to play for him. Some players you just can't teach a certain style to cause all there worried about is there own window and what they can do on the ball. It's selfish and it's killing us.

Ai. I get ya.

We'll come through it.

Ai. I get ya.

We'll come through it.

Thats cause you have some common sense Newry and that's not arse licking by the way. Some of our fans just love the old team talk teletext "who will sign next" managerial merry go round.

Loving the drama rather thatn the football. No one out there is more tactically intellectual than bobby at the minute.

Thats cause you have some common sense Newry and that's not arse licking by the way. Some of our fans just love the old team talk teletext "who will sign next" managerial merry go round.

Loving the drama rather thatn the football. No one out there is more tactically intellectual than bobby at the minute.

Again you've just fell out of someone's arse

If he's going to come good, it has to be in January where we have 3 games where we should be favorites to win (and Man City). If it doesn't happen and say we pick up 4 points this month, do you fancy us in February against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in the cards? I guess we just have to wait and see.

I would be happy with winning all our home games, staying safe and getting to the final of the Europa and really going for it.

Spot on Brett. I agree with you and think we'll win and draw enough to not worry about relegation, but really believe he and the team subliminally are going all in on Europa. I think we have a good chance there as well.

I'd love to see some new signings and some of the old aging players gone as well. He still doesn't have a team that plays his ball comfortably most notable the defense, goalies,half the midfield.

I asked this question in another thread but it went ignored, so I'll try again:

What is the major difference between last season and this season (aside from the obvious getting our asses wiped all over the pitch) in terms of tactical play and style?

Why/how did it work last season and not this year?

And maybe slightly O/T here but as a newbie the bickering/name-calling between Brett Angel and MC11 almost makes me want to unsubscribe after one day. WTF is wrong with you guys? Where are the mods? So congrats guys!

What is the major difference between last season and this season (aside from the obvious getting our asses wiped all over the pitch) in terms of tactical play and style?

And maybe slightly O/T here but as a newbie the bickering/name-calling between Brett Angel and MC11 almost makes me want to unsubscribe after one day. WTF is wrong with you guys? Where are the mods? So congrats guys!

Simply put, Martinez's tactics have been found out. Last season, we would use our quick passing and playing out the back to break teams down and it worked for a large part. This season however, teams have been pressing us and our players don't have the technical ability to control the ball and play out of it. As soon as a bit of pressure builds up from the other team, we either pass it all the way back to the goalkeeper until he hoofs it up and we lose possession or we give away a bad pass and get countered. Also, our "quick passing" from last season has severely slowed down and we take too long to make decisions at times. This allows for the other team to get back and defend/press us.

As for the bickering, I don't want to comment on it but will say that it is usually not the standard of the forum. I've been around for over 2 years (holy crap, didn't really realize it's been that long) and for the most part, everyone is welcoming and knowledgeable of the game. Welcome to the forums and stick around, there is always some good discussion going on (it helps when Everton are playing well though :P)

Simply put, Martinez's tactics have been found out. Last season, we would use our quick passing and playing out the back to break teams down and it worked for a large part. This season however, teams have been pressing us and our players don't have the technical ability to control the ball and play out of it. As soon as a bit of pressure builds up from the other team, we either pass it all the way back to the goalkeeper until he hoofs it up and we lose possession or we give away a bad pass and get countered. Also, our "quick passing" from last season has severely slowed down and we take too long to make decisions at times. This allows for the other team to get back and defend/press us.

As for the bickering, I don't want to comment on it but will say that it is usually not the standard of the forum. I've been around for over 2 years (holy crap, didn't really realize it's been that long) and for the most part, everyone is welcoming and knowledgeable of the game. Welcome to the forums and stick around, there is always some good discussion going on (it helps when Everton are playing well though :P)

Thanks for the answer man. That makes a lot of sense. I was watching Chelsea this morning and trying to imagine the team being Everton, and was saying to myself Everton never plays in this style - and wondering why they don't? And for the record I can't stand Chelsea!

Martinez seems like a brilliant guy - how does he not realize that this style is not working? Why is he still insistent on using this passing game? I just can't almost believe that he would be that inflexible to try a new mousetrap out. I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am starting to become a non-believer after watching this same style of play game after game, and getting our asses handed to us on a platter in the process.

Yeah, most everybody seems cool on these discussions on what I've seen so far, but to start exploring this forum for the first time and seeing that BS straight away gave me the wrong impression.

Cheers.

When people atart realising last season was a fluke. Tactical genius? :rofl: how anyone can call him that astounds me.

Fact is Wigan leaked goals for fun and they went down. Fact is we're leaking goals for fun, anyone see a pattern developing here?

He had Moyes side last seasonthis season it's all his own doing and look where we are. Lookat his transfer dealings hecan't even play the players he's bought in the right way.

Alls I see is same shit different day and shit or no subs to change a game.

Fucking L O L at tactical anything.

When people atart realising last season was a fluke. Tactical genius? :rofl: how anyone can call him that astounds me.

Fact is Wigan leaked goals for fun and they went down. Fact is we're leaking goals for fun, anyone see a pattern developing here?

He had Moyes side last seasonthis season it's all his own doing and look where we are. Lookat his transfer dealings hecan't even play the players he's bought in the right way.

Alls I see is same shit different day and shit or no subs to change a game.

Fucking L O L at tactical anything.

Everyone keeps spouting on about him inheriting moyes side. If he did and did not change anything, we would be stagnant. He knew straightaway that the whole ethos of the club didn't have a winning mentality, but with supporters like ours giving shit everytime we try to express ourselves on the pitch, he is wasting his time abd I hope he finds a club with far more ambition.

It wasn't that you were ignored as such...It was that it was in the middle of a 'live' game day thread so no one would have the time to answer!!!

I don't think you'll get a set answer on why what when where...but keep reading back in the forum and you'll get some various, and interesting, views. Also Google Everton and read some articles.

As for the bickering...If it doesn't involve you, take it with a pinch of salt and laugh at it. It's all a bit daft at times but it's mostly us English men who think we know it all about football and therefore our own view is dead right. It's nothing more than a bit of macho testosterone...we're just a bunch of bitches.

Enjoy and welcome!!!