IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (h)

markjazzbassist

We are going to come good. It will happen. When? How? Who knows. Something will click, the pieces are not that bad. Is it sitting Ross deeper to allow someone else to play in hole? Is it both wingers being wingers and playing well? Is it looks for penetrating through balls instead of crab-walking? Who knows, but we will come good and QPR at home is as good a time as any.

They've not taken a point away from home all season and they have their main source of goals banned. Sounds just like the sort of game we'll lose, but not easily. Odd goal probably.

No irony font needed.

I never realised they hadn't taken a point away from home all season. Absolute knocking bet it's coming at us on Monday now.

Get your life savings on it.

RM says 4 players are being assessed ahead of QPR -- Stones, Naismith, McCarthy, Gibson. I'd prefer none of these be rushed back, as Everton have 4 matches in 13 days starting Sat Dec. 20, and 3 of those are away.

For QPR, I'll hope it's .......

.............................. Howard ...............................

Coleman ....... Jagielka ....... Distin ....... Baines

................... Besic .............. Osman .................

McGeady ............. Barkley ................. Mirallas

.............................. Lukaku ..............................

Subs -- Hibbert, Garbutt, Pienaar, Oviedo, Eto'o, Kone

RM says 4 players are being assessed ahead of QPR -- Stones, Naismith, McCarthy, Gibson. I'd prefer none of these be rushed back, as Everton have 4 matches in 13 days starting Sat Dec. 20, and 3 of those are away.

Made up to hear stones name again, I agree bring him back slowly but it will be great to finally see him again.

I agree with this, except that I'd start Eto'o or Kone instead of McGeady.

Guest rusty747

Agreed. Lets ease him back gently. Ideal scenario is that we are 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go. Then we can bring him off the bench, either longside Rom or to replace Rom.

Dreadful grammar from 'arry, but a word for word quote from his press conference today.

"One of the very knowledgeable football people at Everton, you find they understand the game (like Liverpool supporters); I think that Merseyside is, for me, probably the most knowledgeable football fans I think in the country."

Dreadful grammar from 'arry, but a word for word quote from his press conference today.

"One of the very knowledgeable football people at Everton, you find they understand the game (like Liverpool supporters); I think that Merseyside is, for me, probably the most knowledgeable football fans I think in the country."

He's angling for the Liverpool job that clever arry!

Fuck me, reading that made my head hurt!

Well, Merseyside IS one the most knowledgeable football fans in the country.

just watching the sky match swans v th and the chat afterwards really shocked me the red shite have had there worst start for 50 years

and we are below them, Then Roberto comes on and says how well we are playing we have dominated the Europa league

well we need to start playing in the pl and some one needs to open there eyes because im not seeing us playing well.

just watching the sky match swans v th and the chat afterwards really shocked me the red shite have had there worst start for 50 years

and we are below them, Then Roberto comes on and says how well we are playing we have dominated the Europa league

well we need to start playing in the pl and some one needs to open there eyes because im not seeing us playing well.

All being well we won't be tomorrow.

And it'll be a long way from our worst start in fifty years ago, I don't see the point of the comparison. How Liverpool are doing/have done is irrelevant to us.

This. Completely irrelevant. It being Liverpools worst start for 50 years is no reflection on us.

We all know we need to kick start in the league.

I have just 3 requests from this game...very small requests...

1) 3 points

2) A clean sheet

3) A good solid team performance.

Not much to ask is it?!

I think what Crusty is saying is a lot of our fans are roaring at them and they are doig so badly it's their worst start for however long yet they're still above us snd a lot of our fans are saying we're fine there's nothing to worry about etc. well if it's like that for us then it's the same for them really isn't it.

Either way regardless of worst starts etc they are above us by 3 points. We lose or draw tomorrow and things look even worse for us but it's ok, Bobbys gonna wave his magic wand and make it all ok.

And we say Liverpool fans are deluded ???

The majority of Everton fans (hardcore) are generally pessimists and seek better. I find on forums the status quo is "everything will be fine, no point worrying". I think it's probably a perception of the importance of Everton in people's lives. Some people breath for Everton. Others see them as a part time hobby. That's just my opinion.

The majority of Everton fans (hardcore) are generally pessimists and seek better. I find on forums the status quo is "everything will be fine, no point worrying". I think it's probably a perception of the importance of Everton in people's lives. Some people breath for Everton. Others see them as a part time hobby. That's just my opinion.

The pessimism comes from years of heartache and sorrow. Being let down time and time again one false dawn after another. In my 41 years of life only 2 seasons in the 80s have been any different (that I truely remember) the rest have been disappointment after disappointment.

In the end it is bred into you, it's what you come to expect. It's also a defence mechanism a way of coping with the disappointment because you just know it's going to come.

In a way this is something our Overseas more recent fans will not understand. There's one American guy (name escapes me to be honest) who said your "violins" post at me saying my eyes well up when I hear ZCars at the game and we run out was funny and to him it probably is and probably many others it is but they do and I'm not ashamed to admit it. They well slightly I have a little cough to choke back then I get this immense sense of pride in the team a feeling of almost protectiveness towards them like I'm there to look after them, they're my team and I'm there for them and I love them dearly. Almost as much as my family, not quite but almost. It's not something I can control or I chose, it's just in me and a lot of the time I wish it wasn't I wish I could put it away for a bit and not worry about them or think about them but I can't.

A lot of people reading this will think it's ridiculous and probably mock it but I'm not arsed one iota because they'll never understand that feeling it huat isn't in them like that but that's fine everyone is different but as you say, it means a lot more to some than others.

Probably the closer you are to Everton, the more you 'breath for them'. I can imagine that if I still lived in Birkenhead I would go to a load more games. Depending on career path (probably none down there the way I was going...hence, at 11, shift him away to Cumbria to live with his Dad!!!), I may have a season ticket...as my uncle and a couple of cousins do. We are an Everton family. Then I'd be more 'emotionally' involved.

But now? As a man with a wife, kids and a pressured job? Yeah, it's a part time hobby. Because it can't be any more than that. I line up what's important...If Everton win the league, do I get a pay rise? If they get relegated, do I get paid less? I go the gym to stay healthy, sitting watching Everton is far from good for my health!!!

Doesn't mean I don't give a toss though. It's my family team. I've been surrounded by Everton from birth.

The 'it will be ok' isn't from not being bothered, it's from having faith with our manager. And it's not blind faith. It's a genuine feeling that this bloke is the right man for the job.

Nearly 30 years ago we played QPR at goodison to win the title - officially there was just over 50,000 fans at that game - nonsense, I was there and it was the most packed I have seen Goodison, queues were stretched round the ground and I was hanging on to the barrier to be able to watch, I was 9 years old. I reckon there was at least 60,000 in the ground.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25985568@N04/5346987989/

I remember Graeme Sharps header that clinched the game and the title - he was right opposite me and I was watching from the paddock - was amazed at the leap and flight he got - one of my favourite ever goals i've seen.

Guest rusty747

Bit of a dilemma for me. I am in Dubai and the game is live on TV starting at midnight. But I have a long flight tomorrow morning - transport collecting me at 8-15. Confident of the 3 points though. Hopefully Nais, Jimmy Mac, Stones and Kone on the bench and we can give some of them a run out when were are 3-0 up with 20 mins to play.

Bit of a dilemma for me. I am in Dubai and the game is live on TV starting at midnight. But I have a long flight tomorrow morning - transport collecting me at 8-15. Confident of the 3 points though. Hopefully Nais, Jimmy Mac, Stones and Kone on the bench and we can give some of them a run out when were are 3-0 up with 20 mins to play.

Sleep on the plane dude :D