IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

So you'd sell our best attacker for £15m and it would be a good deal? Clueless

I've gone and done it now.... I've mentioned the unmentionable - I can see the steam coming from your ears.

Selling a player who has done well for us for £15m in the last year of his contract who has missed a quarter of league games in his time here through injury. Does that sound clueless? Or maybe when you look at £75k a week on a 3 games in 4 player then it becomes £100k a week.

I think this post will bring back memories of Alan Ball leaving Everton for Arsenal with MikeO as a young lad who was distraught at losing a genuine world class player.

To put context around this - he has had 9 injuries in the 2 and a bit years here.

Injury Club Date Injury Reported Hamstring Injury Everton Injuries 2014 September 27th Groin/Pelvis Injury Everton Injuries 2014 April 20th Muscle Injury Everton Injuries 2014 March 31st Illness Everton Injuries 2013 December 26th Ankle/Foot Injury Everton Injuries 2013 September 30th Groin/Pelvis Injury Everton Injuries 2013 March 30th Hamstring Injury Everton Injuries 2013 January 26th Hamstring Injury Everton Injuries 2012 December 9th Hamstring Injury Everton Injuries 2012 November 10th Ankle/Foot Injury Everton Injuries 2012 October 28th Edited by Hafnia

I've gone and done it now.... I've mentioned the unmentionable - I can see the steam coming from your ears.

Selling a player who has done well for us for £15m in the last year of his contract who has missed a quarter of league games in his time here through injury. Does that sound clueless? Or maybe when you look at £75k a week on a 3 games in 4 player then it becomes £100k a week.

I think this post will bring back memories of Alan Ball leaving Everton for Arsenal with MikeO as a young lad who was distraught at losing a genuine world class player.

Lol at the name dropping for backup!

This is you though isn't it Hafnia. Arguably the best player at the club and instead of you saying something a long he lines of.... "Don't want this too happen" you have to say it would be a good deal. Kevin Mirallas leaving this club in any shape or form would not be a good deal. Your problem here is he doesn't fit in the mold of your hardworking, technically average players!

Nearly all wide players (sprinters) miss parts of a season with injury!!! What a terrible reason to sell.

Just seen you edit and it's a shite justification...... Look at all the pacy wingers around the world they all miss parts of the season with injury!

Mirallas is no worse for injuries than Bale. Much better for injuries than Walcott..... I could go on and on and on! It's very rare you see wingers go through a season without injury!

Lol at the name dropping for backup!

This is you though isn't it Hafnia. Arguably the best player at the club and instead of you saying something a long he lines of.... "Don't want this too happen" you have to say it would be a good deal. Kevin Mirallas leaving this club in any shape or form would not be a good deal. Your problem here is he doesn't fit in the mold of your hardworking, technically average players!

Nearly all wide players (sprinters) miss parts of a season with injury!!! What a terrible reason to sell.

This is deffo you MC - can't see any logic through your Mirallas tinted shades. He is a good player but someone who has suffered 9 injury flair ups in just over 2 years isn't just the norm. How many games does Ronaldo, Bale, Hazard miss?

For the vast majority of the games in 2012-2013 he was indicating that he wanted to come off. He is a player that you never see complete 90 minutes very often - fatigue, twinges, whatever...

One day when you aren't trying to score 30 yard free kicks and dribble past 6 players on Fifa15 you may understand that hardworking doesn't mean technically average - nor does it mean that players who don't try and beat a man or take a shot from 30 yards do so because they can't - they are just using their brains a little.

Acid test.... Who wishes that Mirallas tried a less speculative effort against Hull with his ambitious chip at 1-0 up?

This is deffo you MC - can't see any logic through your Mirallas tinted shades. He is a good player but someone who has suffered 9 injury flair ups in just over 2 years isn't just the norm. How many games does Ronaldo, Bale, Hazard miss?

For the vast majority of the games in 2012-2013 he was indicating that he wanted to come off. He is a player that you never see complete 90 minutes very often - fatigue, twinges, whatever...

One day when you aren't trying to score 30 yard free kicks and dribble past 6 players on Fifa15 you may understand that hardworking doesn't mean technically average - nor does it mean that players who don't try and beat a man or take a shot from 30 yards do so because they can't - they are just using their brains a little.

Acid test.... Who wishes that Mirallas tried a less speculative effort against Hull with his ambitious chip at 1-0 up?

I've listed other wingers who suffer with Injuries and yes Bale & Ronaldo included.... But I could go on and on with it. It's called being a sprinter and those players suffer from injuries the most.

Everton without Mirallaa would be fruitless and over the course of 38 games Id rather see Mirallas in 30 of them than McGeady in 38!

Just seen you edit and it's a shite justification...... Look at all the pacy wingers around the world they all miss parts of the season with injury!

Mirallas is no worse for injuries than Bale. Much better for injuries than Walcott..... I could go on and on and on! It's very rare you see wingers go through a season without injury!

Get over it MC, some posters on here have irritated you by actually accepting that selling Mirallas isn't the worst thing that can happen. You can still keep the posters of him, and keep your super Kev mouse mat.

Is Darron Gibson a winger? he misses a lot of games. Then again you love him too.

HE IS A GOOD PLAYER - and there are other players I would sell before him, but if the price and siutuation is right then so be it.

I've listed other wingers who suffer with Injuries and yes Bale & Ronaldo included.... But I could go on and on with it. It's called being a sprinter and those players suffer from injuries the most.

Everton without Mirallaa would be fruitless and over the course of 38 games Id rather see Mirallas in 30 of them than McGeady in 38!

and if someone came in with a £10m offer for McGeady I would snap their hands off - whats your point?

and if someone came in with a £10m offer for McGeady I would snap their hands off - whats your point?

You rate Mcgeady at £10m lmao. I'd accept £4m hands well and truly snapped off!!! Point being here is in 30 games Mirallas would add more to the side than McGeady over the full 38!

You rate Mcgeady at £10m lmao. I'd accept £4m hands well and truly snapped off!!! Point being here is in 30 games Mirallas would add more to the side than McGeady over the full 38!

Stop getting soooo upset! Blimey! You really are protective of Kev. If we get 30 games out of Mirallas this season then I think we will get more out of him than McGeady - as i've said, McGeady will get better as the season goes on and expect to see him up to speed next year.

Just thinking if we do sell Mirallas - will McGeady want number 11 after Kevin Sheedy....

Someone on facebook said they'd been told that by someone at the club..tend to be reliable but then kev has said he might be fit for Southampton so I don't know what to believe! As far as I'm concerned he's out for the season..anything else is a bonus!

Why is there 2 mirallas threads??

Edited by marcopaulo

Someone on facebook said they'd been told that by someone at the club..tend to be reliable but then kev has said he might be fit for Southampton so I don't know what to believe! As far as I'm concerned he's out for the season..anything else is a bonus!

Why is there 2 mirallas threads??

Because (as I was gently trying to point out) this is the transfer rumour thread!