IGNORED

Antonee Robinson

11 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I'm actually pretty annoyed he didn't play. This is a meaningless friendly besides seeing what the future has to offer. I don't see Villafana (who started over him) as an option going forward due to his age and ceiling. It makes so much more sense to give a lot of these youngsters decent cameos to see how they play in a competitive environment on the international stage.

Also, Weah came on with about 4 minutes to go? What's the point? He barely had time to do anything. Sarachan should've brought him on sooner, but I think he was more worried about get a win in a meaningless friendly than he was about seeing future options. 

We also only scheduled one game. It's just poor planning all-around. I'm really disenchanted with the USA set-up right now.

same, i have zero desire to follow or watch their matches.  ever since they fired klinnsman i just can't take them seriously.

43 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I'm actually pretty annoyed he didn't play. This is a meaningless friendly besides seeing what the future has to offer. I don't see Villafana (who started over him) as an option going forward due to his age and ceiling. It makes so much more sense to give a lot of these youngsters decent cameos to see how they play in a competitive environment on the international stage.

Also, Weah came on with about 4 minutes to go? What's the point? He barely had time to do anything. Sarachan should've brought him on sooner, but I think he was more worried about get a win in a meaningless friendly than he was about seeing future options. 

We also only scheduled one game. It's just poor planning all-around. I'm really disenchanted with the USA set-up right now.

Indeed.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i wonder if he will get a chance to usurp baines at LB.  funny all we heard about was dowell meanwhile this guy queitly went about 30 starts in the championship.

have high hopes but doubt he will replace him at the beginning of next season.

dowell suffered from the change of coaches mid season for forest, think he needs another loan

• 2 weeks later...

It would be a double dream if he truly develops over the next two years. USMNT LB has been as sketchy as a right footed RB filling in for Baines.....

Play the damn young 'uns and for more than the last 4-5 mins. Need to keep bringing fresh blood in, especially when there is so much promising youth. Tyler Adams showed in one game that he deserves a shot to lock down a spot in the midfield for a few years. Best young MLS player USMNT has had in a while. No offense to Jordan Morris. 

9 hours ago, Ghoat said:

It would be a double dream if he truly develops over the next two years. USMNT LB has been as sketchy as a right footed RB filling in for Baines.....

Play the damn young 'uns and for more than the last 4-5 mins. Need to keep bringing fresh blood in, especially when there is so much promising youth. Tyler Adams showed in one game that he deserves a shot to lock down a spot in the midfield for a few years. Best young MLS player USMNT has had in a while. No offense to Jordan Morris. 

Tyler Adams looks the real deal for sure. Still not sold on Jordan Morris though -- he's very raw but he does have that next level speed and good finishing ability.

Hopefully he comes back 100% next year after he finishes ACL rehab. He does still have upside, this is only his 4th year (and it's going to be wasted due to ACL) in professional soccer, due to him spending 3 years playing NCAA.  Robinson has been a professional about the same length of time, and is three years younger. #Americasoccerproblems

1 hour ago, Ghoat said:

Hopefully he comes back 100% next year after he finishes ACL rehab. He does still have upside, this is only his 4th year (and it's going to be wasted due to ACL) in professional soccer, due to him spending 3 years playing NCAA.  Robinson has been a professional about the same length of time, and is three years younger. #Americasoccerproblems

Yeah, I'm worried about the ACL injury. I was expecting this to be a breakout season for him.

In the starting 11. Where the fuck did this come from?

Guys in the lineup 21 or younger from Everton, PSG, Man City, Werder Bremen, Borussia Dortmund - Makes me hopeful with these young talents - even if they don't end up at that level and fall to lower level Ligue 1, PL, Bundesliga teams, it'll be a step up on a lot of the MLS guys we've been fielding.

30 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Guys in the lineup 21 or younger from Everton, PSG, Man City, Werder Bremen, Borussia Dortmund - Makes me hopeful with these young talents - even if they don't end up at that level and fall to lower level Ligue 1, PL, Bundesliga teams, it'll be a step up on a lot of the MLS guys we've been fielding.

Refreshing to see some new faces for the USMNT. 

Lets go Antonee!

4 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Actually started 4 teenagers, and 2 of em scored! 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

if he goes on loan again it needs to be a club that will play him, we don't need another galloway to west brom situation.

Yeah, I'd like to see him get 90 mins in at least one of the 2 remaining friendlies, because he needs the experience, and frankly we (US) need a LB. The idea of him on the left and Yedlin on the right is exciting. Then if all goes well in preseason, I'd rather see him with the first team in training, learning from Baines, Coleman, even Kenny and getting in the occasional game here and there. Galloway seemed like a good promising player, and it seems his development has been stunted (or maxed out, who knows).

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2018/5/30/17407988/usa-usmnt-bolivia-man-of-the-match-antonee-robinson-friendly

8 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Yeah, I'd like to see him get 90 mins in at least one of the 2 remaining friendlies, because he needs the experience, and frankly we (US) need a LB. The idea of him on the left and Yedlin on the right is exciting. Then if all goes well in preseason, I'd rather see him with the first team in training, learning from Baines, Coleman, even Kenny and getting in the occasional game here and there. Galloway seemed like a good promising player, and it seems his development has been stunted (or maxed out, who knows).

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2018/5/30/17407988/usa-usmnt-bolivia-man-of-the-match-antonee-robinson-friendly

yeah like the other article said it will be up for debate as to does he sit on the bench and learn from baines or go on loan.

3 hours ago, Ghoat said:

The likelihood is that if he was our back up left back then he would get a fair run of games next season. Baines is likely to spend a few weeks injured and he shouldnt be playing two games in a week. 

Young players do need to play games but if they are actively considered as part of rotation (ie playing 1 in 3 or 4 games across the whole season) then staying at FF with the better coaches, better facilities and better players around him isnt going to do him any harm.