IGNORED

Antonee Robinson

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

""I don't remember it but my mum tells me that I watched those shows so much that I used to talk with an American accent. People used to ask if I was American when I was younger," he told ESPN FC in an exclusive interview. He then grinned: "That's pretty embarrassing."

OMG that's funny!

21 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Looked really good yesterday against France, playing wingback in a 3-5-2.  Really good speed on the outside, both in defense and attack, throws dangerous balls into the box. I hope we see a lot more of him this year, he looks like a player.

I agree. USA's weakness has always been a proper LB, but he looks the real deal. Really excited about him. 

8 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

I agree. USA's weakness has always been a proper LB, but he looks the real deal. Really excited about him. 

Yeah he looked really good in his first cap against Bolivia. Yesterday was only his second cap, and to play about as well, against France, in Lyon no less, was really encouraging as both for USMNT and Everton.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Just giving my honest opinion. He doesn't look good at all.

He looked quite good for the U.S. in friendlies against Bolivia and the World Cup winning France side. He definitely needs more time before he’s ready, but one half is not enough to judge a player’s potential.

Ed: Dont know why the font is bigger... phone is doing some weird things.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

100% not ready to play Premier League football. Even as back-up.

Hopefully we've got a loan lined up for him to a Championship club.

This. Being talented and being ready for this level are two different things. Another season of nonstop first team football would do him a world of good.

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

He was never in line to be starting anyway, regardless of the Digne deal. He’s no where near ready for the premier league. 

I know he would have never have started but with him being used he's obviously been looked at for cover 

Losing a lad that could be third choice to Martina (shudder) alters the pecking order for someone to come in

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think at the moment Baines starts and there is no number two 

We'd be daft to entertain that idea and doubt they have without being certain a player is nailed on who's capable enough with less than two weeks of the window left

It's clear his legs have gone he's not a starting player if we signed no one that would be Baines as a shoe in with Martina and Robinson vying for the second spot 

Can't see it being anything other than that tbh you don't shift anyone on until you're certain there's cover 

7 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

We'd be daft to entertain that idea and doubt they have without being certain a player is nailed on who's capable enough with less than two weeks of the window left

It's clear his legs have gone he's not a starting player if we signed no one that would be Baines as a shoe in with Martina and Robinson vying for the second spot 

Can't see it being anything other than that tbh you don't shift anyone on until you're certain there's cover 

If Robinson was even slightly capable he would have been brought in last season. Martina won’t be considered an option either, he just got stuck with the job last time  

There wont be a second choice because we will sign one, it won’t get left this time. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

If Robinson was even slightly capable he would have been brought in last season. Martina won’t be considered an option either, he just got stuck with the job last time  

There wont be a second choice because we will sign one, it won’t get left this time. 

Hope your right Steve I can't cope with watching Martina again 🤯

Just now, MikeO said:

Has Martina played at all pre-season? Not seen it all but I can't remember any mention, hopefully Silva has noticed he's a liability.

Didn’t he play ththe second half against Lille?

He came on against those part timers. Nearly scored a header.

17 hours ago, StevO said:

Not advocating that we don’t sign a new LB at all, but I think it’s silly to say that if Robinson was even slightly capable. He’s far more capable than Martina already, but Koeman was a big dumb stubborn lug who would’ve played Martina ahead of half the LBs in the league.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Has Martina played at all pre-season? Not seen it all but I can't remember any mention, hopefully Silva has noticed he's a liability.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Didn’t he play ththe second half against Lille?

He came on against those part timers. Nearly scored a header.

To my absolute dismay.