IGNORED

Newcastle away

duncanmckenzieismagic

I agree with you (and a couple of others with the same opinion) that one or two ugly wins would not go amiss. I would point out, however, that, when that happens, plenty of others moan and complain about how we didn't deserve it and how we're playing crap. I agree with you that it's about attitude: Get behind the team, get behind the manager, and look for the positives instead of trying to find the worst of everything.

Newcastle is a team that mainly relies on speedy counter attacking for scoring -

if we press too high with Hibbert and Barry's lack of pace and if Coleman and Baines spends more time in final third than defending, we will be punished -

We should rather be the counter attacking team with speed out wide and more space for Lukaku and Kone/Et'o -

Naismith, Osman and Hibbert does not fit into this style of play -

Give some young guns a shot off the bench early if things don't go well -and tell them they can make a name for themselves -

The players,manager and the fans just have to believe we can beat the likes of Newcastle and be prepared to graft for it -

after all, we are still aiming to win the Europa Cup aren't we

I'm truely dreading this game today. Just got in from work and I've got butterflies in my stomach. I honestly don't want to watch it (although I will)

There's a roast in the oven and I'm not sure I can eat it when it's ready as I feel physically sick. Even a glass of Rioja isn't appealing to me right now.

Joys of supporting Everton eh :(

Guest rusty747

It looks almost a 442 to me

Robles

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

Mcgeady McCarthy Barry Baines

Eto'o. Kone

Fingers crossed it works. At least lets credit Bobby with shaking things up a bit - albeit most of the changes were forced.

Edited by rusty747

This is Hafs D-day. No Lukaku and Kone in.

Do you reckon we give lukaku till his 22nd birthday before dropping him? After all being 21 is the excuse for everything.

In what I've seen of him I believe he will come on and play great. That's not ideal as it shows that he is a player who gets complacent. It will do him good.

Can't tell whether this is to be a......

3-4-3 with Coleman and Baines as wing backs

4-4-2 with Garbutt at LM, McGeady at RM, and Eto'o and Kone strikers

4-2-3-1 with Garbutt LM, McGeady RM, Eto'o ACM, Kone lone striker

Garbutt will be LB with Baines at LW, I reckon. Be harsh to throw Garbutt in in an unfamiliar position when Baines is one of our most experienced players!