IGNORED

Lacina Traore

This could actually be done already...

Journo with 100k followers.

@Smudge1962: West Ham erupt with fury after Lacina Traore undergoes medical and agrees to join the Hammers only to walk out and sign for Everton instead

@Smudge1962: @moefoe11 Yes the deal has gone through. Speculation has been rumbling throughout the afternoon but the deal has now been completed

Lacina Traore? Rumours deal's already been done on loan. Anyone know anything about him? Can't say I really do.

He's a fucking tank. I'm not going to say he's exactly like Lukaku but they're similar at a very basic level in that they both have a massive frame but a good deal of skill as well. On paper he's a better player than Jelavic. Of course, how that actually translates to the field is a whole different thing. My only qualm with this is that it's yet another loan. He's a hell of a player, and if this is true I'm happy to have him, even if only temporarily.

my god hes a either a pure beast of steel, or those defenders are shite.

Probably combination of both. He's played in Russia, which is a good league but he's hardly facing Bayern Munich on a weekly basis. He has a good track record in CL/Europa and for Ivory Coast as well. So he's not just a product of playing in shit leagues. EPL is a big step up for sure but not one that I think would stun him.

Looks like he would be awkward as hell to play against. Knows how to play with his assets...height, strength and gangly legs!!!

I know peeps say 'mah, its only russia'...but believe it or not, every team in the EPL definately dont have the best defenders in world football...absolutely not!!!

Downside for me is also that it is another loan. Monaco have just brought him, like last week, so aint gonna sell. That would be him, Barry, Gerry and luckylucky all on loan...bit too much 'short term' stuff that.

This guy looks to be huge! Imagine facing teams with both him and Lukaku upfront; it would almost be unfair!

I have no problem at all with having a loan deal. Focus on the immediate goal, which is CL league football. As long as this short-term move doesn't jeopardize our longer term goals (winning the league, winning the CL, world domination,...), and it doesn't, go for it. :)

I have no problem at all with having a loan deal. Focus on the immediate goal, which is CL league football. As long as this short-term move doesn't jeopardize our longer term goals (winning the league, winning the CL, world domination,...), and it doesn't, go for it. :)

How it effects our long term goals is the slight, and I emphasise 'slight' niggle for me. Dont get me wrong...lovin' these players being here, the football etc. But you have to think...apart from Barry who is a freebie at end of the season...how much would it cost to buy Gerry, Luckylucky and 'another' quality loan signing? Looking at at least £50mill. To gain continuous success you need continuity. Just a thought.

In my opinion waste of time as he is just going to warm the bench would rather use veilos as competition for places.With the money available after previous sales why are we not trying to get players in on a perm basis. I am all for the odd loan but if its loan players getting us champions league it doesn't feel right. I would rather we live within our means and get players who we own and develop. I am loving this season and I don't have an issue with the three loans we have. Barry should be ours on a free, delfleuo is a squad player and I hoped lukaku was a loan to buy if not officially on paper. I would rater have kept jelly to complete with lukaku but to sell him for 6.5 and replace him with a loan doesn't make sense. If we are selling a second choice striker for 6.5 we should be buying a replacement for atleast the same money if not more. And that player should be line up a signed.

Big Sam has just said he's chosen us after spending 3 weeks working on the deal. That makes the deal worthwhile in it's own right!!! Martinez was quoted last night that he wanted a partner for Lukaku rather than a replacement - what an intimmidating pair for opposition defences!!!

Who is Big Sam?

A Traore-Lukaku pairing would be the stuff of nightmares. I mean, not Rooney-RVP good, but a pain in the ass to deal with. So much height and skill. Would really add another dimension to our attack.

Big Sam has just said he's chosen us after spending 3 weeks working on the deal. That makes the deal worthwhile in it's own right!!! Martinez was quoted last night that he wanted a partner for Lukaku rather than a replacement - what an intimmidating pair for opposition defences!!!

Where did you here that?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic