IGNORED

Lacina Traore

A lot of our fans are worried (understandably) that even though we should have a fair wedge of money to spend that we're only looking at cheap signings and loan signings. I'm not too concerned about that but if come the summer we have to sell before we buy, and don't spend a decent amount, them I will be very concerned.

So I'm going to hold off passing judgement until the summer transfer window.

A lot of our fans are worried (understandably) that even though we should have a fair wedge of money to spend that we're only looking at cheap signings and loan signings. I'm not too concerned about that but if come the summer we have to sell before we buy, and don't spend a decent amount, them I will be very concerned.

agreed...january is the time to look for cheap and loans

Guest blueboy122

Be made up if we managed to get this guy in for the rest of the season. Watched him play against the shite a few years ago and he looked a real threat. He has got exceptional pace and great feet considering he is 6ft 8!

Class signing. Is the reported deal with a view to a permanent?

Relevant quotes from Martinez in the Express:

Martinez insists he will not spend for the sake of it and could leave a hefty slice of the proceeds of the sales of Marouane Fellaini, Victor Anichebe and Jelavic for the summer when it will be clearer whether Chelsea are willing to part with Lukaku.

Everton raked in around £40m for the trio before reinvesting £13m in James McCarthy and a £3m loan fee for Lukaku plus wages elsewhere.

“I’ve got plenty of money, don’t worry. It’s not about the finances,” said Martinez, who can use Kevin Mirallas through the middle if necessary with the Belgium attacker having played there while at Olympiakos.

“We have got money because we managed to get £40m for three players. But what is important is not spending money for the sake of it, but with a clear, long-term strategy.

“For me that is very important. I need to keep the August window in consideration as well.

“January is a really difficult window. You are not going to get a player who is performing well for his club, because they are not going to sell him now.

“It is different in August. I would never forgive myself for spending money cheaply now and miss spending that money in August when I know I could really invest it well.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454563/Everton-s-Roberto-Martinez-We-want-to-keep-Rom-as-long-as-we-can

I know all that but I want evidence of it in the summer. It's alright saying it now but we're too used these sort of comments and then it being the status quo when it comes to following through.

I know all that but I want evidence of it in the summer. It's alright saying it now but we're too used these sort of comments and then it being the status quo when it comes to following through.

I understand the concern, but Roberto's proven to be a man of his word so far. He promised Baines and Barkley staying and that's happened. And when questions came up about Fellaini and Jelavic he was honest and admitted he couldn't guarantee their future with Everton. The summer window is far for conducive to deals for a whole number of reasons, and so I believe Roberto and I also believe it's the right decision.

I understand the concern, but Roberto's proven to be a man of his word so far. He promised Baines and Barkley staying and that's happened. And when questions came up about Fellaini and Jelavic he was honest and admitted he couldn't guarantee their future with Everton. The summer window is far for conducive to deals for a whole number of reasons, and so I believe Roberto and I also believe it's the right decision.

I love his honesty. I love his brown shoes. I love him.

It's not Roberto following through on this "promise" that I'm worried about tbh.

It's not Roberto following through on this "promise" that I'm worried about tbh.

So then Kenwright? I guess that's possible. Still, they seem to have a good relationship, and I think that would be a poor move for Kenwright to lie to his manager about what funds are available. Kenwright has his share of questions to answer but he's not exactly Vincent Tan. I trust that Martinez has been informed accurately of the financial situation.

Should be announced before the West Brom game tomorrow then.

They're going to bring him out on the field prior to the match, Just like McGaedy. Then it's going to become a weekly tradition, with a new player of bigger stature coming out as a new signee prior to every game until the final match of the season, when Messi sprints to midfield in an Everton shirt.