IGNORED

Lacina Traore

Thought he looked alirght in the first 5 minutes when he scored, great play from Distin for the goal btw.

He would have had a better game IMO if we got the ball into the box, the amount of times the full backs got to the bye line and pulled it back would have been frustrating for him as I think he would have easily had the beating of any of their defence if the ball was in the air around the 6 yard box.

1 goal 1 game and we won, all in all not a bad day for your debut.

He would have had a better game IMO if we got the ball into the box, the amount of times the full backs got to the bye line and pulled it back would have been frustrating for him as I think he would have easily had the beating of any of their defence if the ball was in the air around the 6 yard box.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He looked as comfortable in the air as Putin would be around a gay man.

Bit embarrasing this. Its like people need a new whipping boy now that Naismith seems to have sorted himself out, or because he had a good game.

He wasnt as bad as some of you are making out. I cant remember him being beaten in the air all that much because we never hit a cross to him in the entire game. Of course he was off the pace because yes i am going to bring up the new league, new country, coming back from injury, hasnt played in over a month...because guess what...thats the reality of it. I dont know what some of you were expecting?

Messi looked shite when he came back for Barca a month or so a go, dont think people were saying he was shite then.

He's going to take a few games to get to show what he is about. I dont even particulary rate the lad but i know he's better than what he showed. He scored on his debut, tracked back well a few times yes he lost the ball a fair few times because his touch was off but i dont get the complaints about his airial ability...when did he have chance to show it? we play it on the ground and when we did get in positions to cross yesterday for whatever reason they were always low and hard or cut-backs.

Liverpool Echo

The 6ft 8in forward made his first return to action since October at Goodison yesterday, and admits he must play catch-up quickly if he is to have an impact during his loan spell on Merseyside.

“It is hard because it’s almost five months since I last played and it’s a bit like another pre-season for me,” he said.

“Every training session and every match I need to be at 100% intensity to get quickly back to my best.

“I need to get my rhythm as soon as possible because time is short. But it made me feel great to hear the reception I got. It means a lot to a player, and now it’s down to me to do my absolute best to repay them and perform well.”

Liverpool Echo

The 6ft 8in forward made his first return to action since October at Goodison yesterday, and admits he must play catch-up quickly if he is to have an impact during his loan spell on Merseyside.

“It is hard because it’s almost five months since I last played and it’s a bit like another pre-season for me,” he said.

“Every training session and every match I need to be at 100% intensity to get quickly back to my best.

“I need to get my rhythm as soon as possible because time is short. But it made me feel great to hear the reception I got. It means a lot to a player, and now it’s down to me to do my absolute best to repay them and perform well.”

Hope he doesn't read TT.

Matt, he's been training and was supposed to be fit enough to play. I wasn't looking at things that match sharpness brings, I was looking at inherent attributes that players need to have. Just not there.

are you seriously saying that training is the same as match time?!

60 minutes, apparently he first game time in 5 months. Should we write everyone off who doesn't set the world alight immediately?

Inherent attributes. Well, let's judge the striker by the way he scores goals. Oh wait, he scored. Positioning? yup that too. Causing the CBs a problem? All the time he was on the pitch. Confidence? Very much so.

Edit: and who cares what all you negative Nellys say, Martinez sees something in him and he's done quite well so far. I'm going to listen to him ;)

Anyway, enough of this. Did anyone else see people climbing over him! It was the same as when Felli was here, but it's ok because he's big. Pisses me off.

Edited by Matt

He may be a good player once he's fully fit, but this is what I was talking about when he first signed and I thought it was a bit of a silly move. He's not played in five months, been injured, is coming to a new league etc etc so he's going to take a hell of a lot of time to show how good he is (whatever level that may be). But the whole point of a loan signing at this stage of the season is for the impact they can have straight away. And yes he scored yesterday, so you could argue he made an instant impact, but he needs to do that every week for it to have been a success and I'm not sure he's going to be able to do that while coming to terms with everything already listed.

Fingers crossed he does like because we desperately need the goals from somewhere!

are you seriously saying that training is the same as match time?!

60 minutes, apparently he first game time in 5 months. Should we write everyone off who doesn't set the world alight immediately?

Inherent attributes. Well, let's judge the striker by the way he scores goals. Oh wait, he scored. Positioning? yup that too. Causing the CBs a problem? All the time he was on the pitch. Confidence? Very much so.

Edit: and who cares what all you negative Nellys say, Martinez sees something in him and he's done quite well so far. I'm going to listen to him ;)

Anyway, enough of this. Did anyone else see people climbing over him! It was the same as when Felli was here, but it's ok because he's big. Pisses me off.

Again 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months whatever, there were things I was looking for outside of what you lose when not match fit. I recall Yak coming back after a year out and looking like he was a player who just needed game time, as all the other things were there to a degree.

He just looked so passive in his approach - no aggression or appetite whatsoever. If he was making a nuisance of himself and making a few rusty touches then fair enough. He went out and jogged around, didn't jump for the headers, didn't use his frame, and just looked bloody lethargic.

I'm hopeful that I will be on here in a month holding my hands up for a hasty opinion, unfortunately I seen things that didn't fill me with too much hope. We wait in hope...

He may be a good player once he's fully fit, but this is what I was talking about when he first signed and I thought it was a bit of a silly move. He's not played in five months, been injured, is coming to a new league etc etc so he's going to take a hell of a lot of time to show how good he is (whatever level that may be). But the whole point of a loan signing at this stage of the season is for the impact they can have straight away. And yes he scored yesterday, so you could argue he made an instant impact, but he needs to do that every week for it to have been a success and I'm not sure he's going to be able to do that while coming to terms with everything already listed.

Fingers crossed he does like because we desperately need the goals from somewhere!

See i get that.

But the way i look at it, it was either take a punt on a decent CF (albeit an injured one) or rely on Naismith for a month or two whilst Lukaku was out. To be fair to Naisy, he has really stepped up but i dont think many of us saw it coming if we're honest. I like how Martinez has described having the loan signings, better to have them for a short period than not at all. I think this applies to the sitaution with Traore. He gives us an option anyway and hopefully he'll get better the more he plays :)

he will have to do it over and over, and I agree that it was a strange move but so far so good as far as I could see. I just dont get slating after 60mins of game play which included a goal!

If you get a player on loan from another club you are hoping they make an immediate impact, this lad scored a goal within 5 minutes of his debut and we won the game. Not bad for being out for 5 months.

I disagree with people saying he's poor in the air because we didn't get enough balls in the air into the box for him to win, balls from the keeper or long balls from defence ,the opposition centre halfs will win most of them as they have the run on the player. Its balls into the box where the fwd becomes favourite for the same reason, I think he will do as an option for now till Lukaku is fit again, Naismith is better coming off the bench IMO as the way he plays (working hard) works better against tired legs.

If you get a player on loan from another club you are hoping they make an immediate impact, this lad scored a goal within 5 minutes of his debut and we won the game. Not bad for being out for 5 months.

I disagree with people saying he's poor in the air because we didn't get enough balls in the air into the box for him to win, balls from the keeper or long balls from defence ,the opposition centre halfs will win most of them as they have the run on the player. Its balls into the box where the fwd becomes favourite for the same reason, I think he will do as an option for now till Lukaku is fit again, Naismith is better coming off the bench IMO as the way he plays (working hard) works better against tired legs.

Naismith doesn't seem to have that problem.

I thought he took his goal well for a start.

I also thought he just looked of the pace. Didnt think he looked bad at all. He caused panic by chasing defenders down and putting pressure on them. He made a few decent runs and had as many good touches as bad.

To me that is a player that is way of the pace of the premier league and not just a bad player.

The fact that he tried to take the ball into his stride a few times, much like Pienaar does, shoes that he believes he has the ability. Trust me that is a skill that isnt easy to do and you dont attempt it unless you are comfortable doing it.

Players like Ossie and Pineaar make it look easy but it is a tricky skill.

Give him a few more appearances to find his feet and get into the pace and then ill judge him.

Hope he doesn't read TT.

Bloody hell if our players read TT, most would just leace haha!

Naismith, Pienaar would be gone at the least.

Is it the start to the season that has made us all so hypercritical? we used to be the people's club but recently are started to sound just like the unwanted neighbours over there.

Damn even they rate our players better than we do.

Naismith doesn't seem to have that problem.

To be fair Naismith is very underestimated in this area. I watched the match with my son ( Aresnal fan... ye i know ) and even he points out that Naismith always at least makes it hard for centre backs. almost like a Cahil type player.

Agreed Naismith is decent in the air, but he wins headers from the flanks, marked by a smaller full back, not many full backs are strong in the air, where as its a centre halfs bread and butter.

I dunno ya know, i've seen him outjump many a centre half - his timing his excellent.

"I 'ate you, Butler!"

Not sure how many will remember this, but it seems that Blakey's personality has suddenly affected these forums. People were not so negative when Deulofeu had a questionable first few games, so why pick on this guy? Why all the moaning - is it the weather? It's just plain ridiculous! Traore scored inside of five minutes, and still some believe he's pure crap. And I don't give a flying fig that someone wrote "can't wait for some to claim it was his first game in a new league". Yes, it was? New team, new teammates, new league, new atmosphere, new language, new style of play, and just back from injury. Give the man a break.

"I 'ate you, Butler!"

Not sure how many will remember this, but it seems that Blakey's personality has suddenly affected these forums. People were not so negative when Deulofeu had a questionable first few games, so why pick on this guy? Why all the moaning - is it the weather? It's just plain ridiculous! Traore scored inside of five minutes, and still some believe he's pure crap. And I don't give a flying fig that someone wrote "can't wait for some to claim it was his first game in a new league". Yes, it was? New team, new teammates, new league, new atmosphere, new language, new style of play, and just back from injury. Give the man a break.

I understand your defence to a degree, and yes it does look a little ridiculous but I don't think i've ever seen such a big bloke play like a little girl!

I'm going to leave it for now as I agree we only have a short amount to view him on - but it didn't look good at all i'm afraid.

Agreed Naismith is decent in the air, but he wins headers from the flanks, marked by a smaller full back, not many full backs are strong in the air, where as its a centre halfs bread and butter.

Spot on!

Naismith is good in the air for someone his size but ask him to outjump center halves game in, game out and he will struggle as much as anyone.

Bit embarrasing this. Its like people need a new whipping boy now that Naismith seems to have sorted himself out, or because he had a good game.

He wasnt as bad as some of you are making out. I cant remember him being beaten in the air all that much because we never hit a cross to him in the entire game. Of course he was off the pace because yes i am going to bring up the new league, new country, coming back from injury, hasnt played in over a month...because guess what...thats the reality of it. I dont know what some of you were expecting?

Messi looked shite when he came back for Barca a month or so a go, dont think people were saying he was shite then.

He's going to take a few games to get to show what he is about. I dont even particulary rate the lad but i know he's better than what he showed. He scored on his debut, tracked back well a few times yes he lost the ball a fair few times because his touch was off but i dont get the complaints about his airial ability...when did he have chance to show it? we play it on the ground and when we did get in positions to cross yesterday for whatever reason they were always low and hard or cut-backs.

Naismith was always played out of position! Nothing even close to a Naismith scenario.

The lad is just not very good. When you see a good player you see a good player and for me it's quite easy to see the lad needs a "huge" amount of work to even come close to being a top end premier league player.

He was shockingly bad.

"I 'ate you, Butler!"

I can wholeheartedly say in his 6 months here he will be very disappointing. He may grab the odd goal but other than that I truly hope Lukaku is back ASAP