Sign in to follow this  
Deacs

Hull (A)

Guest rusty747

Howard looks like he is out until February, McCarthy is doubtful again with his hamstring, not sure about Jags and the rest of the walking wounded.

Confidence is what's needed and unfortunately that only comes with goals and a good performance - a catch 22 situation.

I think its time to drop Barry. Ross was very shaky against Newcastle and I would like to see Mcgeady benched as his confidence seems shot. Realistically, I would like/expect

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags/alcaraz. Baines

Besic

Mirallas. Naismith. Oviedo

Kone Lukaku

If Kone is not reckoned fit enough for 2 games in 3 days then start Barkley alongside Besic and go 4231

Still think we will do well to get a point though as confidence and belief is at an all time low.

Edited due update on injuries.

Guest rusty747

As ever, I have organised my life so I can watch - unfortunately on TV as I am outside UK again. Please Everton, give me a performance and a result to be happy about.

The main thing is pick our strongest team and go from there no more rotation unless absolutely necessary.

Our strongest team is capable of winning our next 2 games in the prem.

Stop trying so hard and play to enjoy the football.

Ross Barkley..don't worry a out giving a goal away, just go and create two the other end.

Mirralas, be selfish.

Lukaku play for yourself and do what you do...score goals.

Available Squad: Joel, youth GK, Coleman, Distin, Alcaraz, Baines, Garbutt, Browning, Oviedo, Besic, Barry, Ledson, McGeady, Mirallas, Barkley, Eto'o, Naismith, Lukaku, Kone

Serious Doubts: McCarthy, Jags, Stones

Confirmed out: Pienaar, Osman, Gibson, Hibbert, Howard, Atsu

With all that info i still expect a very different lineup than Newcastle

Joel

Coleman, Alcaraz, Distin, Baines

Besic Barry

Mirallas Barkley Naismith

Lukaku

w/ youth gk, garbutt, oviedo, mcgeady, eto'o, browning, kone on the bench

I'd go with the following:

........................Joel........................

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

.......................Besic........................

Mirallas Naismith Barkley Baines

..................... Kone ......................

or

........................Joel........................

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Baines

.......................Besic........................

Lukaku Naismith Barkley Mirallas

..................... Kone ......................

Lukaku to make runs inside rather than act like a winger

Lukaku to make runs inside rather than act like a winger

Although I'd prefer RM drop the 2 DMs, I doubt he'll do it just yet. I do hope he'll try Lukaku out wide, as Matt suggests here, so he can use his strengths -- powerful running forward and strong left foot -- so maybe he can get a goal and get himself and the team going.

Might not be so good at tracking back to help Coleman, but if we're using 2 DMs, maybe Besic provides sufficient help over there.

Would the following expect too much of Besic? Be a(n even bigger) disaster defensively?

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku Naismith Mirallas

Kone

Although I'd prefer RM drop the 2 DMs, I doubt he'll do it just yet. I do hope he'll try Lukaku out wide, as Matt suggests here, so he can use his strengths -- powerful running forward and strong left foot -- so maybe he can get a goal and get himself and the team going.

Might not be so good at tracking back to help Coleman, but if we're using 2 DMs, maybe Besic provides sufficient help over there.

Would the following expect too much of Besic? Be a(n even bigger) disaster defensively?

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku Naismith Mirallas

Kone

I'd want Naismith doing that work (if we go with the second formation I put forth), allowing Lukaku to run in to that open space to allow an option for a counter.

Robles

Besic Barkley

Kone Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

Good point, Hull are struggling so dropping Barkley back like against QPR should work

Wonder why we used Griffiths on the bench v Newcastle (when he doesn't even have a squad number on the OS) ahead of Jindrich Stanek (who does).

Either way, can't imagine either of them could be worse options than Robles.

Naismith will be the player that lights a fire under the rest of the squads asses/arses for this match. He's a fighter and hopefully the rest of the team will develop a Naismith mentality. Everton needs to show more grit. Lets get a clean sheet. I'm not sold on Robles yet, but lets see what he can do for the next few games. He needs to show up.

3-0

2- Naismith, Baines.

I have just heard RM saying what a great loss tim is and how he brings such a calmness to the

younger players on the pitch he really is losing the plot

Whereas Robles obviously brings great confidence and security to them.

Humor me for a moment. There's a near-agreement among MC11, Matt, Cornish Steve, and me about our preferred starting 11 v. Hull. Even if any of you out there prefer an entirely different setup, just tentatively assume this lineup, to clarify one issue.

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku/Kone Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku/Kone

The one issue, obviously, is which of Lukaku and Kone should play wide and which striker. I prefer, and I think Matt concurs, to see Lukaku out wide, driving inside to use his left foot. Kone looked fairly good at striker.

But MC11, supported by Cornish Steve, says Kone should be wide, Lukaku up front.

Assuming this 11, and assuming the other 9 are properly placed [leave aside Robles jokes just now], where should Lukaku and Kone mostly play?

Really?

I have some Nigerian friends who have a business proposition for you, They'll be in touch soon, just have your bank details to hand.

Sorry, I didn't realize I quoted you.

Edit: Long day, ignore me.

Sorry, I didn't realize I quoted you.

Edit: Long day, ignore me.

:lol: No worries.

You just quoted Pad's ironic response to my sarcastic post. Crusty is the guy if you want to have a go at a daft post.

:lol: No worries.

You just quoted Pad's ironic response to my sarcastic post. Crusty is the guy if you want to have a go at a daft post.

I see that now upon re-reading.

I know Pad doesn't rate Howard or Joel, so I should've realized that the first time.

Really?

I have some Nigerian friends who have a business proposition for you, They'll be in touch soon, just have your bank details to hand.

Ooohhh sounds good, can you get them to call me as well?

Humor me for a moment. There's a near-agreement among MC11, Matt, Cornish Steve, and me about our preferred starting 11 v. Hull. Even if any of you out there prefer an entirely different setup, just tentatively assume this lineup, to clarify one issue.

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku/Kone Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku/Kone

The one issue, obviously, is which of Lukaku and Kone should play wide and which striker. I prefer, and I think Matt concurs, to see Lukaku out wide, driving inside to use his left foot. Kone looked fairly good at striker.

But MC11, supported by Cornish Steve, says Kone should be wide, Lukaku up front.

Assuming this 11, and assuming the other 9 are properly placed [leave aside Robles jokes just now], where should Lukaku and Kone mostly play?

Ideally they would both be intelligent enough to rotate during the game.

Giving them both a chance to use their attributes in both roles and upsetting the oppositions defensive planning.

I personally would probably start Kone wide.

Ooohhh sounds good, can you get them to call me as well?

It'll cost you a small finders fee, send me a high value credit card with PIN and I'll check your credit rating.

I'm very trustworthy :).

Really?

Give them my number too. Just lost my job but got 10k for it. Trouble is I have no idea what to do with money haha.useless doesn't describe me and money

It happens mate. I was there for twelve years so it's going to he a culture shock.

I made a total switch of career after seventeen years with the same company, culture shock for sure but doable (mine was by choice though so different circumstances). Any prospect of work in the same field you were in?

Whereas Robles obviously brings great confidence and security to them.

I never said anything about robles bringing confidence I was laughing

at the suggestion that tim does.

If we fail to score in this game I will show me arse in Tesco's frozen foods aisle. BUT not over confident of a win.

You better hope some old bag doesn't mistake your arse for a frozen ham and try and put it in the shopping trolley.

Joel

Coleman stones jags Baines

Besic barkley

Kone Naismith mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Osman, eto'o, garbutt

If they're all fit, yes please.

Only change I would make would by McCarthy (if fit) in for Barkley.

Guest rusty747

Ossie definitely still out. Late fitness tests on Jags, Stones and Jimmy Mac.