IGNORED

Hull (A)

Deacs

Guest rusty747

Howard looks like he is out until February, McCarthy is doubtful again with his hamstring, not sure about Jags and the rest of the walking wounded.

Confidence is what's needed and unfortunately that only comes with goals and a good performance - a catch 22 situation.

I think its time to drop Barry. Ross was very shaky against Newcastle and I would like to see Mcgeady benched as his confidence seems shot. Realistically, I would like/expect

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags/alcaraz. Baines

Besic

Mirallas. Naismith. Oviedo

Kone Lukaku

If Kone is not reckoned fit enough for 2 games in 3 days then start Barkley alongside Besic and go 4231

Still think we will do well to get a point though as confidence and belief is at an all time low.

Edited due update on injuries.

Edited by rusty747

Guest rusty747

As ever, I have organised my life so I can watch - unfortunately on TV as I am outside UK again. Please Everton, give me a performance and a result to be happy about.

Available Squad: Joel, youth GK, Coleman, Distin, Alcaraz, Baines, Garbutt, Browning, Oviedo, Besic, Barry, Ledson, McGeady, Mirallas, Barkley, Eto'o, Naismith, Lukaku, Kone

Serious Doubts: McCarthy, Jags, Stones

Confirmed out: Pienaar, Osman, Gibson, Hibbert, Howard, Atsu

With all that info i still expect a very different lineup than Newcastle

Joel

Coleman, Alcaraz, Distin, Baines

Besic Barry

Mirallas Barkley Naismith

Lukaku

w/ youth gk, garbutt, oviedo, mcgeady, eto'o, browning, kone on the bench

I'd go with the following:

........................Joel........................

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

.......................Besic........................

Mirallas Naismith Barkley Baines

..................... Kone ......................

or

........................Joel........................

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Baines

.......................Besic........................

Lukaku Naismith Barkley Mirallas

..................... Kone ......................

Lukaku to make runs inside rather than act like a winger

Lukaku to make runs inside rather than act like a winger

Although I'd prefer RM drop the 2 DMs, I doubt he'll do it just yet. I do hope he'll try Lukaku out wide, as Matt suggests here, so he can use his strengths -- powerful running forward and strong left foot -- so maybe he can get a goal and get himself and the team going.

Might not be so good at tracking back to help Coleman, but if we're using 2 DMs, maybe Besic provides sufficient help over there.

Would the following expect too much of Besic? Be a(n even bigger) disaster defensively?

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku Naismith Mirallas

Kone

Although I'd prefer RM drop the 2 DMs, I doubt he'll do it just yet. I do hope he'll try Lukaku out wide, as Matt suggests here, so he can use his strengths -- powerful running forward and strong left foot -- so maybe he can get a goal and get himself and the team going.

Might not be so good at tracking back to help Coleman, but if we're using 2 DMs, maybe Besic provides sufficient help over there.

Would the following expect too much of Besic? Be a(n even bigger) disaster defensively?

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku Naismith Mirallas

Kone

I'd want Naismith doing that work (if we go with the second formation I put forth), allowing Lukaku to run in to that open space to allow an option for a counter.

Naismith will be the player that lights a fire under the rest of the squads asses/arses for this match. He's a fighter and hopefully the rest of the team will develop a Naismith mentality. Everton needs to show more grit. Lets get a clean sheet. I'm not sold on Robles yet, but lets see what he can do for the next few games. He needs to show up.

3-0

2- Naismith, Baines.

Edited by ForEverton2

Humor me for a moment. There's a near-agreement among MC11, Matt, Cornish Steve, and me about our preferred starting 11 v. Hull. Even if any of you out there prefer an entirely different setup, just tentatively assume this lineup, to clarify one issue.

Robles

Besic Barkley

Lukaku/Kone Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku/Kone

The one issue, obviously, is which of Lukaku and Kone should play wide and which striker. I prefer, and I think Matt concurs, to see Lukaku out wide, driving inside to use his left foot. Kone looked fairly good at striker.

But MC11, supported by Cornish Steve, says Kone should be wide, Lukaku up front.

Assuming this 11, and assuming the other 9 are properly placed [leave aside Robles jokes just now], where should Lukaku and Kone mostly play?

Edited by Elston Gunnn