IGNORED

West Ham (FA Cup)

markjazzbassist

Get our best team out, play them in their best positions and get a win on the board. With a disappointing season ahead we can't afford to go out of this comp with a whimper and we need to start getting some confidence back in the players.

Couldn't agree more. A good cup run could be just the confidence booster that they desperately need

If we go out at the first hurdle it will only increase the pressure on Martinez and add more gloom to an already woeful season and its probably our only chance of qualifying for Europe next season

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Couldn't agree more. A good cup run could be just the confidence booster that they desperately need

If we go out at the first hurdle it will only increase the pressure on Martinez and add more gloom to an already woeful season and its probably our only chance of qualifying for Europe next season

Good cup run? We already have one europa. Round of 32.

Get our best team out, play them in their best positions and get a win on the board. With a disappointing season ahead we can't afford to go out of this comp with a whimper and we need to start getting some confidence back in the players.

Agree here. The boys need to return to form in order to head off relegation battles later in the year.

Seen it plenty of times before, team doing badly in the league, looking like nothings going right, then along comes a cup game.

No league table pressure, it's a one off, players relax a bit, a good result can turn a whole season around.

I see West Brom are winning 5-0 at present, that wont do them any harm (Dam it).

West Ham will actually expect a win I would have thought, even that might be in our favour.

Whilst a cup run might be just what we need, add it to Europe and the extra injuries and yellow/red cards we could get, and I'd rather get to the middle of the table to lick our wounds, ready for next season, than play cup games and not win one.

It's all a bit complecated !.........just try and win each game as it comes along, that has to be the aim.

If I were really pushed for a prediction on the West Ham game, West Ham don't like Goodison, let's make some friggin noise and help the lads turn this around.

2-0.

Guest rusty747

If you look at our next 7 league games, we have (not in chronological order) Man C (h). Liverpool (h) Chelsea (a) Arsenal (a) who are all chasing Europe/premier title and WBA (h) Palace (a) and Leicester (h) who are all scrapping for their lives at the wrong end of the table.

Its a bit of a struggle to see 9 points there imho. I think City will beat us, we might get a point at home to Liverpool; Chelsea and Arsenal will be defeats, WBA will come looking for a point and probably get it with Pulis in charge, Palace away is always difficult and Leicester (h) may be our best chance of three points - but they have just beaten Newcastle in the Cup and just drew at Liverpool so will feel they can save themselves. In short, I think we are up shit creek without a paddle

We are currently, played 20, points 21. Be ready for played 27, points 26 after the Arsenal game on Mar 1st.

And I am normally an optimist.

I am with rusty here.

I was overjoyed to proved wrong over RM last season. Yet this season I am feeling really heartbroken over our state of affairs.

I want to be optimistic but I really can not see a light at the end of the tunnel here.

I am now getting desperate for a win :crying:

I don't think he should be sacked "yet" I think we should maybe give him another year.... This time next season if there's no change he's needs to be gone. A good side has turned into a boring frail side.

No, but Kenwright would be a complete moron to keep him in charge with 10 games to go with 30 points or less.

I think he should be allowed 5 more games. With at least 9 points.

There lies the problem. How long do we give him? Another 4/5 defeats? That might be too late

You asked for examples of fickle posts/contradiction. Just helping out. Goalposts moving by the hour.

You asked for examples of fickle posts/contradiction. Just helping out. Goalposts moving by the hour.

Last post I was asking not telling.

I think those posts just show I'm completely unsure how long he should get. Wouldn't say fickle at all. It's ok saying he should get till next season (that's providing he can keep us up) the more I look at the situation the more I don't think he will. We can't leave it until we're really in the shit.

You're not "just helping out" you're staring the pot

Edited by MC11

Last post I was asking not telling.

I think those posts just show I'm completely unsure how long he should get. Wouldn't say fickle at all. It's ok saying he should get till next season (that's providing he can keep us up) the more I look at the situation the more I don't think he will. We can't leave it until we're really in the shit.

You're not "just helping out" you're staring the pot

You've been asking for examples. So if I'm stirring the pot you only have yourself to blame. Don't ask next time.

Wasn't actively looking but this one just stuck out like a saw thumb and and as you were a condescending prick to me in the first one (and ignored my answer when I pointed out that that in itself was a contradiction) I thought I'd mention it.

Don't rattle cages if you don't want to take it back.

You've been asking for examples. So if I'm stirring the pot you only have yourself to blame. Don't ask next time.Wasn't actively looking but this one just stuck out like a saw thumb and and as you were a condescending prick to me in the first one (and ignored my answer when I pointed out that that in itself was a contradiction) I thought I'd mention it.Don't rattle cages if you don't want to take it back.

Ah I see it's personal then.

You've been asking for examples. So if I'm stirring the pot you only have yourself to blame. Don't ask next time.Wasn't actively looking but this one just stuck out like a saw thumb and and as you were a condescending prick to me in the first one (and ignored my answer when I pointed out that that in itself was a contradiction) I thought I'd mention it.Don't rattle cages if you don't want to take it back.

Guest rusty747

Back on thread - I am still not sure what I want from this game. I know I definitely dont want a draw and a replay. I would like, I think, a spirited, up and at them, performance like the Liverpool game under big Joe when Dunc went to war for us - but who have we got to do that? Besic? Jags? Nais?

At the end of the game I want to have seen an organised team, playing effectively to a plan (a, b or c) and to leave everything out on the pitch at the final whistle. If we can win as well, that would be great.