IGNORED

West Ham (FA Cup)

markjazzbassist

My first concern for the WHam match is that no player - not one - who is other than 100% fully fit, fully match fit, totally healthy and capable of playing the entire match be on the team sheet. Sure like to get the win, but canot afford to bring anyone back too early, as we need to get healthy and capture points in the EPL table prior to Young Boys.

So, I'll assume nearly the worst, that none of the following are fully, totally fit and ready: McCarthy, Stones, Hibbert, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar. Honestly don't remember whether Mirallas has another knock, but keep him out, save him for ManCity. If Alcaraz is eligible, prefer to start him rather than Jagielka, save Jags for City.

Go with:

Griffiths/Robles

Coleman Alcaraz/Jagielka Distin Garbutt

Besic Baines

Lukaku Naismith Oviedo

Eto'o

Subs: GK, Browning, Barry/Alcaraz, Atsu, McGeady, Barkley, Kone

Keep Oviedo on left wing. If RM insists on "fluidity" up front, fair enough, let Naismith, Lukaku, Eto'o change around with flow of game.

Edit: Forgot Atsu's away, add Ledson to sub list.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Problem is if everyone was fit and available, if we play like we have been playing the last few months, then we will still need luck to beat the Hammers.

We need what ever team he puts out to be able to mix it !, yeh sure to rip down the wings with Baines and Coleman, but also stick in the odd decent long ball/through ball, anything, mix it with a friggin big dose of passion........then West Ham, might just not know what the fucks going to happen next.

Every single one of our players can play more than one system, so stop playing into opponents hands.

Ahh fantastic, thank you! Why are we playing so much later than other games?

£&€ from the TV companies, this FA Cup "week-end" will last five days :rolleyes:.

Thirty-two games on a Saturday at 3.00pm in my day, it's got silly. They're even doing the next round's draw before tonights game!

McCarthy misses this one too.

Taking McCarthy out of the side should enable Martinez to see where the real problems lie - not think "ah we are missing James - it will be ok when he gets fit".

For me McCarthy has been covering too many players. Its almost as if they think "its OK, James will win that back for us".

Carsley hit the nail on the head, we need to start doing the ugly things better. Winning second balls, closing players down quicker - is that down to Martinez? Maybe its down to him to tell them to "get it sorted" but these are professional footballers who have been playing football to the highest level of their age group for 15 plus years.

Last year these players were like terriers when the opposition had the ball, now they stand back a few yards and jog around. Compare McCarthy and Naismith to all the other players in our team when the opponenst have the ball - they run "hard". They put the same effort into the running as they do when we are on a counter attack.

Am I allowed to use Naismith vs Lukaku as a comparison in this regard? Well I am. Rom is supposedly a powerful player with pace, he only does this when he has the ball in front of him. Its like getting a dog to run, throw a ball 50 yards ahead and the dog sees it and he is off like a whippet. Yet if another dog picks up the ball before him he stops spriniting and jogs over to the dog wagging his tail hoping the dog will just drop the ball for him.

The same can be said for Barkley - ball at his feet, his ears prick up, his chest puffs out and his adrenaline is surging as he looks to exploit a gap and run at goal. As soon as the opposition has it he's not thinking about winning it back for the team, he's watching McCarthy and positioning himself to recieve the pass - not good enough!!!

We need 10 outfield players who want to get that ball off the opposition. We want to make them uncomfortable. We can only do that if we get every player working the same way. Not just Besic, Mccarthy and Naismith.

Taking McCarthy out of the side should enable Martinez to see where the real problems lie - not think "ah we are missing James - it will be ok when he gets fit".

For me McCarthy has been covering too many players. Its almost as if they think "its OK, James will win that back for us".

Carsley hit the nail on the head, we need to start doing the ugly things better. Winning second balls, closing players down quicker - is that down to Martinez? Maybe its down to him to tell them to "get it sorted" but these are professional footballers who have been playing football to the highest level of their age group for 15 plus years.

Last year these players were like terriers when the opposition had the ball, now they stand back a few yards and jog around. Compare McCarthy and Naismith to all the other players in our team when the opponenst have the ball - they run "hard". They put the same effort into the running as they do when we are on a counter attack.

Am I allowed to use Naismith vs Lukaku as a comparison in this regard? Well I am. Rom is supposedly a powerful player with pace, he only does this when he has the ball in front of him. Its like getting a dog to run, throw a ball 50 yards ahead and the dog sees it and he is off like a whippet. Yet if another dog picks up the ball before him he stops spriniting and jogs over to the dog wagging his tail hoping the dog will just drop the ball for him.

The same can be said for Barkley - ball at his feet, his ears prick up, his chest puffs out and his adrenaline is surging as he looks to exploit a gap and run at goal. As soon as the opposition has it he's not thinking about winning it back for the team, he's watching McCarthy and positioning himself to recieve the pass - not good enough!!!

We need 10 outfield players who want to get that ball off the opposition. We want to make them uncomfortable. We can only do that if we get every player working the same way. Not just Besic, Mccarthy and Naismith.

One man team

was gonna reply, but in all seriousness I have zero time for you today. Behaving like a 10 year old child. Grow up, have a think about what you want to get from this forum and maybe stay out of the twitter rumours unless you wanna get that one closed down???

Everton discussion...... That's what I want. Whats the other thread got to do with this one.... Edited by MC11

Absolutely spot on! And i would lean towards saying that is usually a player's responsibility but we have heard from multiple players Martinez asks certain players not to do that. Therefore i put that on Martinez. Hard work and a bit of luck = success in anything you do in life it needs to translate to the pitch as well. I support Martinez but i never thought i would miss Moyes this much, puts his tenure in a much different perspective now