IGNORED

Xherdan Shaqiri

• 5 months later...

What sort of player do you think we can attract? Shaqiri has been linked with RS, ManU, etc. and has a CL winner's medal. Fact is we won't sign a player of his stature, we are hoping to nick someone who Stoke or West Ham don't want.

To sign a 23-year CL winner who is quick as hell and highly regarded is ridiculous. If this is the level you are not happy with you will be pretty disappointed on September 1st.

What sort of player do you think we can attract? Shaqiri has been linked with RS, ManU, etc. and has a CL winner's medal. Fact is we won't sign a player of his stature, we are hoping to nick someone who Stoke or West Ham don't want.

To sign a 23-year CL winner who is quick as hell and highly regarded is ridiculous. If this is the level you are not happy with you will be pretty disappointed on September 1st.

One who would contribute to the team. Doesn't have to be a sexy name, doesn't need a CL winners medal, doesn't need to be of that kind of stature - he will think he is bigger than the club. Nick someone from Stoke, the team who were after this very player in January? I don't care what other teams are after him, it's irrelevant.

Yes, he is young and got lots of experience for someone so young, but he is too much of an actor for me. Rolls around like he's been shot, confronts the referee, can be very hit and miss. Like I said, he is talented but he is not the right sort of character.

Very talented ability wise he's up there with some of the best of them and that's what concerns me for a lad so talented and only 23 he should be being courted by some of Europe's top clubs?

I'd love him here at the right price but as Matt says I would worry his attitude could cause waves and the diving etc would drive me bonkers

One who would contribute to the team. Doesn't have to be a sexy name, doesn't need a CL winners medal, doesn't need to be of that kind of stature - he will think he is bigger than the club. Nick someone from Stoke, the team who were after this very player in January? I don't care what other teams are after him, it's irrelevant.

Yes, he is young and got lots of experience for someone so young, but he is too much of an actor for me. Rolls around like he's been shot, confronts the referee, can be very hit and miss. Like I said, he is talented but he is not the right sort of character.

So I take it you're not exited about Deulofeu either? I'm very ambivalent, because he's really not done much, failed at Sevilla, has no brain, low work rate etc.

So I take it you're not exited about Deulofeu either? I'm very ambivalent, because he's really not done much, failed at Sevilla, has no brain, low work rate etc.

Not really, but then he is costing us 3m quid and not the rumoured 18m to Liverpool thats no going around.