IGNORED

Xherdan Shaqiri

All that's happening is what I said would happen.

The super dooper tv money has enabled us to write off yesterday's errors but we are competing with clubs who are using it to buy players, with our non commercial performance relying on tv money alone we are properly in middle to lower pack.

As I've said, bravo to the brains in the corridors of power. You've really screwed things up.

Screwed things up? I'm no lover of our board or commercial department, should one exist, but we are just assuming we have no money to spend now? Based on what? Stoke having a bid accepted for a player we may not even want.

There isn't even rumours in the press we have no money, or that TV money (that only comes next year anyway) has been used to pay off old problems.

I'll give the board a long list of shit they have done, but you can't throw shit at them that might not even exist yet!

Since Moyes left you've lost your mind!

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/inter-shaqiri-non-convinto-del-trasferimento-allo-stoke-la-situazione/

Basically says that Shaqiri was pissed that Inter accepted a bid from Stoke after he's only been there since January. According to the link, he doesn't want to join Stoke and is going to take some time to consider his future.

This is all too funny.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/inter-shaqiri-non-convinto-del-trasferimento-allo-stoke-la-situazione/

Basically says that Shaqiri was pissed that Inter accepted a bid from Stoke after he's only been there since January. According to the link, he doesn't want to join Stoke and is going to take some time to consider his future.

This is all too funny.

i read a couple days ago before the stoke bid that he had wanted to stay at inter as well. I agree it is comical. If he would have stayed at Bayern he would have seen a lot of time last campaign with all the injuries to ribery and robben they didn't have any other wingers (unless you consider alcantara).

All that's happening is what I said would happen.

The super dooper tv money has enabled us to write off yesterday's errors but we are competing with clubs who are using it to buy players, with our non commercial performance relying on tv money alone we are properly in middle to lower pack.

As I've said, bravo to the brains in the corridors of power. You've really screwed things up.

nearly everyone said it would happen, to varying degrees. I don't think it's had as big an impact as is made out. Yet...

Like Dunc mentioned, we've no idea if we were even interested. Maybe inter accepted the bid at Stoke but the player knows of our interest and is holding out. Maybe we bid and the player turned us down already.

Maybes and what ifs so far. I wish people wouldn't take the media at its word, te media who edit and create news to cause controversy to sell.

Edited by Matt

Screwed things up? I'm no lover of our board or commercial department, should one exist, but we are just assuming we have no money to spend now? Based on what? Stoke having a bid accepted for a player we may not even want.

There isn't even rumours in the press we have no money, or that TV money (that only comes next year anyway) has been used to pay off old problems.

I'll give the board a long list of shit they have done, but you can't throw shit at them that might not even exist yet!

Since Moyes left you've lost your mind!

Some people just look at league tables thats fine. Don't have a go at those who may look at other means of measuring the clubs performance and may have a "valid and quantifiable opinion" on such matters.

I have said for however long that we have a shortsighted bunch of fools in charge of the club - fancy a few examples - these were all pre Moyes leaving for whatever that has to do with it...

• pursuing a non starter of a ground move to a cow shed in kirby wasting somewhere in the region of £10m
  • buying finch farm for £2.1m, then selling for reletive peanuts to allow a company to spend £7.5m on it which could have been offset by bellefield sale and we now rent at a cost of £1.5m a year on a 50 year - outlay £75m with no asset at the end of which... genius!
  • outsourcing literally any means of matchday day revenue
  • pathetic sponsorship deal with Chang - we get £1.6m a year, Hull got £1m from cash converters.....
  • Kitbag deal - a sackable business decision full stop

As a result of these examples we are completely outclassed by other teams when it comes to comercial performance - Richard Scudamore has been the single most important contributor of our revenue generation.

So - based on the most visible means of aquiring talent being TV money as attendance pretty much pays wages, how do you propose that we emerge from the pack that contains the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland etc when it comes to meeting transfer valuations?

we don't - the likes of Spurs can leverage their smart comercial performance to add on an extra £15m+ a year in transfer dealings. Thats the difference.

For fuck sake haf. The amount of times I've supported you when it comes to the board, you don't even realise what the fuck I'm saying. The board make enough mistakes themselves that you don't need to get wound up about things that haven't even happened. Open your eyes mate.

pathetic sponsorship deal with Chang - we get £1.6m a year, Hull got £1m from cash converters.....

holy shit, a team that just got promoted barely stays up has little to no history gets damn near the same amount as us? euro champs, cup winners, longest side in premier league. WTF thank you for posting that, i hadn't realized just how shit that deal was.

For fuck sake haf. The amount of times I've supported you when it comes to the board, you don't even realise what the fuck I'm saying. The board make enough mistakes themselves that you don't need to get wound up about things that haven't even happened. Open your eyes mate.

I tend to use facts to support my opinions rather than people but thanks anyway.

The top and bottom of what I am saying is that if you think we are in the hunt for a player of X vlaue is irrelevant - all our competitors are of a relatively equal footing when it comes to TV revenue.

So, unless we have some secret stash of cash then my guess is that our transfer budget this year excluding selling players (like we did for Rom) is approx £10m at best after the Gerry transfer...

so excuse me for getting frustrated - its just foresight getting the better of me. Do I want Shaqiri? Dunno, what I do know is that our clubs status as the 4th most succesful hasn't really counted for much in terms of current commercial perfromance.

Maybe moan about that in the club thread rather than the Shakiri thread if you don't know if you want us to sign him or not. That's the place to moan about the club if its not relevant to the transfer. Because Stoke having an offer accepted is nothing to do with the kitbag deal.

Does anyone have that gif of the man smashing his own face in on his keyboard? I think it will help me right now.

Maybe moan about that in the club thread rather than the Shakiri thread if you don't know if you want us to sign him or not. That's the place to moan about the club if its not relevant to the transfer. Because Stoke having an offer accepted is nothing to do with the kitbag deal.

Does anyone have that gif of the man smashing his own face in on his keyboard? I think it will help me right now.

Ah maybe we need hyperlinks so that when someone asks why stoke can afford to bid mega money for the player titled in this thread it takes us to a different thread where finances are more relevant.

Or maybe like many threads they develop a sub topic. I.e mirallas being a number 10 in the mcgeady thread.

I dunno your a mod, make it happen.

Haha they done develop a sub topic. I'll show you what happens.

New thread. Everton linked with Spanish play maker.

Haf replies. Lukaku is shit.

New thread. Women's team at World Cup.

Haf replies. Sack the board.

New thread. Fantasy football for next season.

Haf replies. Lukaku is over priced.

Sub topics don't just happen. You make them happen!

It's strange that we are arguing about it here, as even though I critisiced your original point I was still agreeing with most of it. But you have become so blinkered by your own opinion of everything everton related you don't even notice when people agree with you anymore.

Haha they done develop a sub topic. I'll show you what happens.

New thread. Everton linked with Spanish play maker.

Haf replies. Lukaku is shit.

New thread. Women's team at World Cup.

Haf replies. Sack the board.

New thread. Fantasy football for next season.

Haf replies. Lukaku is over priced.

Sub topics don't just happen. You make them happen!

It's strange that we are arguing about it here, as even though I critisiced your original point I was still agreeing with most of it. But you have become so blinkered by your own opinion of everything everton related you don't even notice when people agree with you anymore.

Funny, I don't actually look at whether people agree with me or the forum title - I look at indivual comments and respond as I see fit.

Maybe that makes for good debate until someone wants to halt it on a technicality.

Because unless i'm mistaken you have turned the shaqiri thread into a "Haf takes things off topic" - which is extremely ironic.

Anyway shaqiri - yeah be interesting to see what happens and if we are interested and have the money to buy him...

Edited by Hafnia

Funny, I don't actually look at whether people agree with me or the forum title - I look at indivual comments and respond as I see fit.

Maybe that makes for good debate until someone wants to halt it on a technicality.

Because unless i'm mistaken you have turned the shaqiri thread into a "Haf takes things off topic" - which is extremely ironic.

Anyway shaqiri - yeah be interesting to see what happens and if we are interested and have the money to buy him...

I know you don't look whether people agree,you just keep pedalling even when the person you're arguing with agrees.

You're right, I have taken a thread off topic for my own agenda. It's really frustrating isn't it. Which I also see irony in that too.

I know you don't look whether people agree,you just keep pedalling even when the person you're arguing with agrees.

You're right, I have taken a thread off topic for my own agenda. It's really frustrating isn't it. Which I also see irony in that too.

Hmmmm arguing. From what I can recall I made the statement along the lines of "stoke can compete or outbid us for such headlines player because we are commercially shite" - perfectly topical.

To which you create a little mini shit storm over...

Then again you stated that you were on the wind up in the lukaku thread. Maybe I need to show you some respect as a mod or in case you ban me from the threads....