IGNORED

Xherdan Shaqiri

Honestly, should he eventually sign for Stoke, I will be glad that he didn't come here. No player who cares about their career or about achieving anything but a solid paycheck would go to Stoke.

Why not? That's desperately harsh on Stoke.

They're building for the future.

Buying the right players. Congrats to them.

Why not? That's desperately harsh on Stoke.

They're building for the future.

Buying the right players. Congrats to them.

Fuck Stoke!

In all seriousness, it'd be nice to see them actually become a footballing side. So, additions like this are excellent for them and for the league. But, I also can't help thinking they want him just because he looks like he can hold his own in a brawl.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Look at Man City.

It's fab for them. Hard for us! Teams who used to not be able to spend or couldn't attract top talent, now have the pull of money and most are sensible, spending on the younger players is smart.

Cabaye going to Crystal Palace :lol: you said that a couple of years ago, you'd have been laughed at!

Fuck Stoke!

In all seriousness, it'd be nice to see them actually become a footballing side. So, additions like this are excellent for them and for the league. But, I also can't help thinking they want him just because he looks like he can hold his own in a brawl.

Would be nice to see them become a footballing side? Under Hughes they have played a totally different style of football and aren't the same physical side they were under Pulis. He has changed Stoke for the better and so far it is working. If Shaqiri does go to Stoke and can find form then there is no reason as to why they can't get top 6 in my opinion.

All that's happening is what I said would happen.

The super dooper tv money has enabled us to write off yesterday's errors but we are competing with clubs who are using it to buy players, with our non commercial performance relying on tv money alone we are properly in middle to lower pack.

As I've said, bravo to the brains in the corridors of power. You've really screwed things up.

Honestly, should he eventually sign for Stoke, I will be glad that he didn't come here. No player who cares about their career or about achieving anything but a solid paycheck would go to Stoke.

I don't want to jump all over you about this since others have been critical of this, but maybe it's a bit sad to see a promising young talent like Shaqiri go there but this is definitely not the case for many of the types of players that Stoke has signed. Stoke have done a good job over the past few years of trying to move further up the table and also change their style into being a more passing and possession based game as opposed to what Pulis had them playing.

Stoke has a lot of guys whose talent level doesn't surpass that of a midtable Premiership player and for these types of players, Stoke is a decent club with decent support. As for Shaqiri, definitely disappointing to see him move to a club that will likely never surpass being a midtable side, but there is some logic to this move. He will get a chance to prove himself with week in week out football (instead of being a fringe player at a club like Bayern) and if he does well, he is still young and the big clubs will likely scoop in for him at a handsome pricetag.

Again, no mean to criticize you too harshly, Joe, just thought you were being a tad unfair to Stoke (who I find myself oddly defending for the first time) and Shaqiri.