IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

Mark I think we a losing site of what was the original basis of debate.

You say these Ukrainian players would come to us and its not difficult... The reality is that it is. A few years back we were tracking rasmus elm and he chose the Dutch league. The 10m-15m bracket will involve around 30-40 clubs that could be interested in the player.

What sort of team do you end up if all you have are hard workers? A team Allardyce or Pulis likes? You'll never be anywhere near top 4 with a team of grafters, you also need guile. There's a reason why the latter tend to cost more than the former.

All I'll say is that Lennon isn't all graft and no guile. In the last two league matches alone, he's won us a penalty, gotten an opposing player sent off and scored a match winner. These three things were accomplished with a combination of graft and guile. He's a well-balanced player and we would be better for having him around the squad. £6m is almost a no-brainer.

Agree with Joe. 6m for a player of his quality is a no brainer.

He is a grafter but he can also race past players and out balls into the box.

Add that to his tracking back...which we have already witnessed plenty of and we have a very good player.

It's no suprise that Coleman is enjoying getting forward again with Lennon to help out.

All I'll say is that Lennon isn't all graft and no guile. In the last two league matches alone, he's won us a penalty, gotten an opposing player sent off and scored a match winner. These three things were accomplished with a combination of graft and guile. He's a well-balanced player and we would be better for having him around the squad. £6m is almost a no-brainer.

The whole point here is he's no Mirallas. What the point in spending £6m on a player when we "could" add another £10m to that and get real quality. The Mirallas bashing on here is a joke. He's on another level to Lennon. That's why Spurs want him and not Lennon. If people want to turn into a mid table club I agree we should sign him as a starter. For me he's a good squad player. We should be looking to replace Mirallas properly - like for like.

so nottingham forest are still big time? playing in the championship without ever really cracking into the promotion playoff spots? i get where you're coming from, but players don't look at history to decide where a transfer should go, they look at money and league position/europe. we are small time on all 3 currently (key word, we looked a lot different last year, had league postiion and europe, still not a lot of money).

Nottingham Forest have never been big time, they had an incredible (and very short) period of success in their history, but they've never been a big club.

The Mirralas bashing MC is down to himself.

He can be great and has been my favourite player up until this season.

But let's be fair, he has been stealing a living since Christmas. Players have to take responsibility for their own effort, and if they don't put it in they will get criticised.

If anything you champion him way to much. He hasn't been good enough for our team for a while.

I really hope that his time on the sidelines will do him good and he will come back with a point to prove.

The Mirralas bashing MC is down to himself.

He can be great and has been my favourite player up until this season.

But let's be fair, he has been stealing a living since Christmas. Players have to take responsibility for their own effort, and if they don't put it in they will get criticised.

If anything you champion him way to much. He hasn't been good enough for our team for a while.

I really hope that his time on the sidelines will do him good and he will come back with a point to prove.

Stealing a living since Christmas... He had arguably his best game for the club mid January. West Ham away. If we get it straight he hasn't been played, he's been benched and that's nothing to do with how he's been playing the whole team have been crap. Most talented player at the club by a country mile. He's been managed awfully in the last 2 months.

I think if Roberto played Mirallas more we wouldn't have had half the problems we have had

If he'd been fit in body and mind he'd have played I think. And maybe we'd have been doing better, moot point, we'll never know.

I hope he's still with us next season and plays to his potential, he's no world beater but has great moments/games. Be happy if he stayed with a sensible head on; we took him from the Greek league (nowhere) and gave him a platform. Has he got an inflated ego and ideas above his level? Time will tell.

If he'd been fit in body and mind he'd have played I think. And maybe we'd have been doing better, moot point, we'll never know.

I hope he's still with us next season and plays to his potential, he's no world beater but has great moments/games. Be happy if he stayed with a sensible head on; we took him from the Greek league (nowhere) and gave him a platform. Has he got an inflated ego and ideas above his level? Time will tell.

Don't really care what he thinks of himself, if he does a job for us it is what WE think of him.

Guest rusty747

I would like to think there is a place for both Lennon and Mirallas next season. Lennon is an outright winger with pace and does have a final product. Mirallas can play left wing and cross, cut inside and shoot or even play central. If we are going to make a serious attempt at top 4 next season we need a European size squad to achieve it so that we can avoid second season syndrome all over again when we are competing in Europe again.

Big clear out also needed though. I would give Ossie another year. Not sure about Pienaar or Hibbo. Distin, is gone. Barry, well who the hell knows what Martinez has in line for him.

Stealing a living since Christmas... He had arguably his best game for the club mid January. West Ham away. If we get it straight he hasn't been played, he's been benched and that's nothing to do with how he's been playing the whole team have been crap. Most talented player at the club by a country mile. He's been managed awfully in the last 2 months.

Your blinded by tour support of him mate. He had a great game yes...one.

You say him.being dripped is nothing to do with his form....have you even watched him when he has had the chance from the bench.

He has been invisible.

Lennon has been much more productive when given the chance.

I get your support of him o really do. He os an excellent player. But the fact is he is off form in a huge way at the moment.

If he wants to play then make the effort once you get the chance.

Just as a matter of interest....why do you think he isn't playing if it isn't his form?

I would like to think there is a place for both Lennon and Mirallas next season. Lennon is an outright winger with pace and does have a final product. Mirallas can play left wing and cross, cut inside and shoot or even play central. If we are going to make a serious attempt at top 4 next season we need a European size squad to achieve it so that we can avoid second season syndrome all over again when we are competing in Europe again.

Big clear out also needed though. I would give Ossie another year. Not sure about Pienaar or Hibbo. Distin, is gone. Barry, well who the hell knows what Martinez has in line for him.

Why can't we do this?

Having them both here would be a real attacking threat.

Hasn't Mirralas played central for us before too...and done a pretty good job.

Your blinded by tour support of him mate. He had a great game yes...one.

You say him.being dripped is nothing to do with his form....have you even watched him when he has had the chance from the bench.

He has been invisible.

Lennon has been much more productive when given the chance.

I get your support of him o really do. He os an excellent player. But the fact is he is off form in a huge way at the moment.

If he wants to play then make the effort once you get the chance.

Just as a matter of interest....why do you think he isn't playing if it isn't his form?

Some sort of fall out with Martinez

The guy is ultra-talented for sure, but when you compare him to cats like Hazard and Kane, he isn't nearly as hungry as those guys. Watch Hazard only sometimes - he is hustling is ARSE OFF at 91:00+. The difference is that those guys put 100% heart and soul into their clubs and Mirallas seems to put anywhere between 60 - 100% depending on his mood.

In terms of Lennon, he's no Messi or Ibrahimovich, but I certainly like him wearing the Everton kit and surely hope he stays with us for the duration. He is a unique player, and I think we don't really have another player who can contribute in his particular style. Scoop that motherf*ucker up!

The guy is ultra-talented for sure, but when you compare him to cats like Hazard and Kane, he isn't nearly as hungry as those guys. Watch Hazard only sometimes - he is hustling is ARSE OFF at 91:00+. The difference is that those guys put 100% heart and soul into their clubs and Mirallas seems to put anywhere between 60 - 100% depending on his mood.

Hazard is competing for trophies at the top of the table, he's just won the capital cup. He's playing regular CL football and he's picking up £200k a week.

Mirallas was content when we were at the top of the table. Their worlds are acres apart. Everton this season haven't fulfilled Mirallas ambitions.... Very evident

Hazard is competing for trophies at the top of the table, he's just won the capital cup. He's playing regular CL football and he's picking up £200k a week.

Mirallas was content when we were at the top of the table. Their worlds are acres apart. Everton this season haven't fulfilled Mirallas ambitions.... Very evident

So what, that doesn't give him the right to lose focus or stop trying.

He's under contract and gets paid handsomely by the club to play . If you're excusing him for not giving a shit because we're not near the top of the table you've seriously gone down in my estimations.

Just because a player is the most talented at the club he doen't get automatic rights to give 60% when things are not going well.

To be fair MC you mostly talk sense but you havethis one WAY wrong if you're suggesting it's acceptable for him not to try as hard as the likes of Hazard because he's not earning as much or winning stuff.

ANY player who thinks like that (I'm not saying he is but you seem to be) needs fucking right off at the first available opportunity.

Kevin Mirallas is not bigger than Everton and MUCH better players have come and gone and neither were they bigger.

If he doesn't want to put his heart and soul into playing for us EVERYTIME he runs out in royal blue then fuck him.

It's that simple really.

So what, that doesn't give him the right to lose focus or stop trying.

He's under contract and gets paid handsomely by the club to play . If you're excusing him for not giving a shit because we're not near the top of the table you've seriously gone down in my estimations.

Just because a player is the most talented at the club he doen't get automatic rights to give 60% when things are not going well.

To be fair MC you mostly talk sense but you havethis one WAY wrong if you're suggesting it's acceptable for him not to try as hard as the likes of Hazard because he's not earning as much or winning stuff.

ANY player who thinks like that (I'm not saying he is but you seem to be) needs fucking right off at the first available opportunity.

Kevin Mirallas is not bigger than Everton and MUCH better players have come and gone and neither were they bigger.

If he doesn't want to put his heart and soul into playing for us EVERYTIME he runs out in royal blue then fuck him.

It's that simple really.

You don't drop Mirallas when you're playing shit with no better options. Since the penalty incident there has been a change in attitude on behalf of Martinez (not playing him) and Kev (sulky body language)I'd rather kev was here than Martinez. A new manager would give Kev a clean slate and I'm 100% convinced he'd be fine.

Next season when we have Lennon and Mcgeady on the wings is the sign of the direction we're going -downwards

A great deal of anger is reserved at players like Van Der Meyde, Drenthe, Arshavin, Taarabt, Adebuyor, Asamoah Gyan, Tevez - players with great talent who "when" they decide they don't want to play represent a stinging insult to anyone who watches the game.

But now we are supposed to tolerate and maybe to a degree indulge this injury prone, outspoken prima donna who flitters from one great game in 5 or 6 to having 3-4 anonymous sulky ones.

I'll be honest - and say it now. He has taken Martinez for a soft touch and its backfired on him in dramatic fashion. Would he have dared to take that penalty with the alpha male Moyes patrolling his technical area - or dared to be a star struck ally to a mercenary footballer who's best days were behind him but decided to run a football club??? No, I actually think Moyes would have chinned him.

Does that mean Martinez needs to be the type of guy who goes around chinning players? No.

Footballers should not have to be reminded as to how they need to behave, or that the people in the stands have paid good money to see them or that 10 year old kids dream of wearing the shirt they are deciding to not really put a shift in.

I'll be honest - and say it now. He has taken Martinez for a soft touch and its backfired on him in dramatic fashion. Would he have dared to take that penalty with the alpha male Moyes patrolling his technical area - or dared to be a star struck ally to a mercenary footballer who's best days were behind him but decided to run a football club??? No, I actually think Moyes would have chinned him.

would've loved to have seen that happen. poor kev would get battered.

You don't drop Mirallas when you're playing shit with no better options. Since the penalty incident there has been a change in attitude on behalf of Martinez (not playing him) and Kev (sulky body language)I'd rather kev was here than Martinez. A new manager would give Kev a clean slate and I'm 100% convinced he'd be fine.

Next season when we have Lennon and Mcgeady on the wings is the sign of the direction we're going -downwards

You know my feeling on Martinez but if he has dropped him because of his attitude he has gone up in my estimation. We can't have players walking round like pre madonnas doing what they like taking the manager for a dick head. If he's doing that good on Martinez for dropping him because I can tell you right now if I was manager I would have taken him to a private room and fucking volleyed him all over it. After he was quivering in the corner I would have slapped him silly and told him he is not bigger than the club and neither am I and to show some respect, pick his bottom lip and get his attitude right or he's playing for the under 18s it's that simple MC.

Fact is, it doesn't matter if it's Messi or Ronaldo if any player is spitting his dummy out and acting like a 5 year old, regardless of their talent it's detrimental to team moral and dressing room harmony. We took Mirallas from the Greek league, gave him his chance. If he wants away to a better team then I've no problem with that, I don't blame him tbh but acting like a prick when we need him is disrespectful to the fans who have stuck by him and supported him unconditionally through his time here.

We don't need disruptive influences like him in the squad. Fact is he's been pushing or hinting at a move away virtually all season. We were never going to win Europa or finish top 4 so he'd of been away regardless.

This is one thing we can't pin on Martinez. I want him gone myself but I wont aportion blame on him for anything and everything. He's done the right thing here, he is the managers, players should respect him, they're expected to be consumate professionals and do their job otherwise they are letting the fans down.

Edited by Paddock

Everton this season haven't fulfilled Mirallas ambitions.... Very evident

Or he's been part of many reasons why we've been shit!?

What ambitions does he have by the way? I rate Kev on his day he's good not great he's far to inconsistent to be classed as anything other than that he's certainly not the world beater you seem to think he is!

He's been poor this season as have many so deserves nothing more than what he's got

Or he's been part of many reasons why we've been shit!?

What ambitions does he have by the way? I rate Kev on his day he's good not great he's far to inconsistent to be classed as anything other than that he's certainly not the world beater you seem to think he is!

He's been poor this season as have many so deserves nothing more than what he's got

He's at a better level than the majority of this squad I'd say Baines is the only one at his level. By that I mean players who can really compete at the very top level.

This inconsistency lark is bollocks. People say inconsistency because they expect him to drag us out of the crap when the shits hit the fan - because he's the only one with "that" ability. If he went to a better club the work load would be spread across the other talents and he'd flourish. As mentioned above he won't be short of suitors.