IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

Maybe all the spurs fans are terrible talent evaluators then cos he got player of the year a few years back ahead of bale and modric.

I think this end product nonsense has infected too many minds.

He's not dangerous enough anymore. If we want to be back at the top we need better quality in the final third and unfortunately Lennon now seems to be a workhorse rather than a threat

Maybe all the spurs fans are terrible talent evaluators then cos he got player of the year a few years back ahead of bale and modric.

I think this end product nonsense has infected too many minds.

exactly! they had him above bale and modric, we can see now JUST HOW WRONG THEY WERE. dude he's a fine player for 6m, but you're talking him up like he's a worldie. hard working moyes esque naisy part 2, sure. but no kev mirallas with flair and the ability to take the game on his back and win. great squad player for me to rotate in.

I'm not at all its just the ridiculous nonsense that we are so used to seeing. Players judged on reputation rather than what they do.

Hes been a breathe of fresh air for that team. Whilst some fans are clamouring for mirallas to be content, a player has come in and injected some real graft and QUALITY.

Maybe he needs an Alice band, some step overs, a few tantrums.

exactly! they had him above bale and modric, we can see now JUST HOW WRONG THEY WERE. dude he's a fine player for 6m, but you're talking him up like he's a worldie. hard working moyes esque naisy part 2, sure. but no kev mirallas with flair and the ability to take the game on his back and win. great squad player for me to rotate in.

You actually think that they got it wrong that he was player of the year??? Trust me, by and large the fans are usually spot on. Consistency counts for a lot.

Ok lets get to the crux of it - what are we looking to create? The LA Lakers or The Harlem Globetrotters? A team that needs to get results or just looks good for the sake of looking good.

We are in the business of trying to win games (score more and concede less). On the balance of things Lennon gives us more than Mirallas - no he isn't as skilful, he is more pacey, not as technically gifted but he gives us 5 x more than Mirallas when the opposition has the ball and whether you like it or not that is usually the case for 40 minutes of a game at least.

Too much is made of Lennons end product - the reality is that due to his workrate he is on the ball more than Mirallas - he can be 50/50 in end producas far as i'm concerned because of the amount of time he gets on the ball. Lennon may put in 10 good balls out of 20, Mirallas may put in 8 out of 10.

here's something that is interesting (as at Jan 22 2015):-

Spurs pass completion: Lennon 85%, Eriksen, Chadli 84%, Lamela 82%, Townsend 79%
Key passes by minutes of playing time: Eriksen every 36.3, Lennon 41.0, Lamela 51.5, Chadli 66.8, Townsend 76.8 minutes per key pass.
Spurs chances created: Eriksen 51, Lamela 30, Chadli 26, Lennon 9, Townsend 6
Chance created by minutes of playing time: Lennon every 31.89, Eriksen 35.59, Lamela 44.6, Chadli 53.95, Townsend 64 minutes per chance created.
Assists by minutes of playing time: Lennon every 143.5, Chadli 280.6, Lamela 334.5, Townsend 384.0, Eriksen 1,815.0 minutes per assist.

Major actions (goal, assist, key pass) by minutes of playing time: Eriksen every 30.76, Lennon 31.89, Chadli 42.52, Lamela 43.16, Townsend 54.86 minutes per major action.

The stats tell us Aaron Lennon creates twice as many chances as Andros Townsend and is one of our most creative attacking midfield player on a per minute basis, yet the little winger can't get a look-in.

Ok lets get to the crux of it - what are we looking to create? The LA Lakers or The Harlem Globetrotters? A team that needs to get results or just looks good for the sake of looking good.

We are in the business of trying to win games (score more and concede less). On the balance of things Lennon gives us more than Mirallas - no he isn't as skilful, he is more pacey, not as technically gifted but he gives us 5 x more than Mirallas when the opposition has the ball and whether you like it or not that is usually the case for 40 minutes of a game at least.

Too much is made of Lennons end product - the reality is that due to his workrate he is on the ball more than Mirallas - he can be 50/50 in end producas far as i'm concerned because of the amount of time he gets on the ball. Lennon may put in 10 good balls out of 20, Mirallas may put in 8 out of 10.

here's something that is interesting (as at Jan 22 2015):-

Spurs pass completion: Lennon 85%, Eriksen, Chadli 84%, Lamela 82%, Townsend 79%

Key passes by minutes of playing time: Eriksen every 36.3, Lennon 41.0, Lamela 51.5, Chadli 66.8, Townsend 76.8 minutes per key pass.

Spurs chances created: Eriksen 51, Lamela 30, Chadli 26, Lennon 9, Townsend 6

Chance created by minutes of playing time: Lennon every 31.89, Eriksen 35.59, Lamela 44.6, Chadli 53.95, Townsend 64 minutes per chance created.

Assists by minutes of playing time: Lennon every 143.5, Chadli 280.6, Lamela 334.5, Townsend 384.0, Eriksen 1,815.0 minutes per assist.

Major actions (goal, assist, key pass) by minutes of playing time: Eriksen every 30.76, Lennon 31.89, Chadli 42.52, Lamela 43.16, Townsend 54.86 minutes per major action.

The stats tell us Aaron Lennon creates twice as many chances as Andros Townsend and is one of our most creative attacking midfield player on a per minute basis, yet the little winger can't get a look-in.

These stats for this season or career? As he's played far too few mins this year to take any notice.

Sherwood wasn't going to sell him - Sherwood played him ahead of the likes of Townsend and Lamella, so I don't understand where you are coming from there. Sherwood was quite clear about how Lennon was a player he could rely on...

Are you saying that Sherwood doesn't criticise players??? He called them gutless after losing to Chelsea.....

I think that last post is fit for the vault...

he criticised the team not individuals, how do you know he wasn't going to sell him because he did not say so in public he has been a bit player for a long time.

remember RM said of Howard this after another disastrous performance what a great player he was and a great influence on the pitch

well he got that right he influenced the game often this season for the opposition.

what im saying is you are repeating what Sherwood is saying because it suits, but AVB, and MP don't rate him or he would have got a game. Sherwood was only manager for a few months.

Guest rusty747

Dont forget Oviedo in the equation. If we can keep Mirallas, sign Lennon and also have Pienaar and Oviedo then I would be happy to let Mcgeady go, get Del boy or someone similar back on loan and that should be both wings sorted for next season.

I am not entirely convinced about Mirallas anymore. If he is prepared to get his head down and work for the team then, fine, he can stay. But if he is having a hissy fit then get rid and lets get a replacement in, as well as Aaron Lennon. I think Baines said it best in a recent article. Lennon shames other Everton players into working harder purely by his own work ethic. I love Aaron's attitude and I will willingly accept the odd wayward cross because I know that he is playing his heart out for the team.

I really hope Aaron stays as I think he could play his way into being considered a vital part of our team for many seasons to come.

he criticised the team not individuals, how do you know he wasn't going to sell him because he did not say so in public he has been a bit player for a long time.

remember RM said of Howard this after another disastrous performance what a great player he was and a great influence on the pitch

well he got that right he influenced the game often this season for the opposition.

what im saying is you are repeating what Sherwood is saying because it suits, but AVB, and MP don't rate him or he would have got a game. Sherwood was only manager for a few months.

I think you talk nonsense if i'm honest with you.

"have you not cottoned on yet managers don't say anything bad about players look at RMs comments after our games

Sherwood was going to sell him so what did you expect him to say."

1. Sherwood played Aaron Lennon and didn't sell him - Sherwood had the best Win % of any Spurs manager in the Prem

2. Sherwood was known for being highly critical of the players when they didn't perform - why would he be the opposite and choose to praise Lennon - whilst also supporting this by not dropping him.

Do I like Sherwood? Nah, strikes me as the sort who is extremely arrogant and opinionated, but that is pretty much the reason why he won't overly praise a player for no reason.

He's well worth buying at around £6m we would struggle to find anyone for that kind of money that could have any bearing on a game and we know can fit in and make a difference plus the added bonus of him being home grown

I'd definitely sell McGeady and I'm sure he'd attract a fair bit of interest to be honest from lower/newly promoted sides which would cover a large part of any fee for Lennon

Keep Mirallas buy Lennon sell McGeady and Piernaar? and bring in two wingers

Mirallas

Lennon

Oviedo

Bolasie? Nearing the end of his contract still relatively young pacey and on his day can change a game similar to Mirallas in many ways

Another loan maybe take another punt on Delafaou if possible?

Either way you look at it Lennon is our second best option out wide first in many eyes and for that kind of money we'd be mad to miss out on him

I think you talk nonsense if i'm honest with you.

"have you not cottoned on yet managers don't say anything bad about players look at RMs comments after our games

Sherwood was going to sell him so what did you expect him to say."

1. Sherwood played Aaron Lennon and didn't sell him - Sherwood had the best Win % of any Spurs manager in the Prem

2. Sherwood was known for being highly critical of the players when they didn't perform - why would he be the opposite and choose to praise Lennon - whilst also supporting this by not dropping him.

Do I like Sherwood? Nah, strikes me as the sort who is extremely arrogant and opinionated, but that is pretty much the reason why he won't overly praise a player for no reason.

name one player Sherwood has criticised in public and since when is he the only voice we listen to?

im not against lennon but at 6mil its an awful lot for a squad player sherwoods record at spurs was that good he was sacked after a few months.

all im saying is we did not pay 6mil for arteta cahil pienar coleman,stones,naismith etc when we pay that money its for the finished article like baines 5

years top service you wont get that from lennon also from your comments avb and mp know FA I think you have become obsessed with lennon.

name one player Sherwood has criticised in public and since when is he the only voice we listen to?

im not against lennon but at 6mil its an awful lot for a squad player sherwoods record at spurs was that good he was sacked after a few months.

all im saying is we did not pay 6mil for arteta cahil pienar coleman,stones,naismith etc when we pay that money its for the finished article like baines 5

years top service you wont get that from lennon also from your comments avb and mp know FA I think you have become obsessed with lennon.

what are you on about man?!

Have you seriously just changed you angle of debate that Sherwood needed to slate "specific players" in order to deflect from the comment:-

"have you not cottoned on yet managers don't say anything bad about players look at RMs comments after our games"

You made a nonsense comment and are using a ridiculous angle to try and address it - give it up. Sherwood was known for being a tough manager with his players and critical which made his praise of Lennon more specific.

£6m for an England international at the age of 27 and you are questioning it??? BTW Baines was not a finished article - he was on the bench while Lescott played left back. £6m is what we got for Victor Anichebe and Jelavic, we got £4m foir Beckford!!! Are you stuck in 1995 or something?

I'm not obsessed with Lennon, i'm bemused by the apathy towards a player who has made a huge difference to our team.

Edited by Hafnia

Have you seriously just changed you angle of debate that Sherwood needed to slate "specific players" in order to deflect from the comment:-

"have you not cottoned on yet managers don't say anything bad about players look at RMs comments after our games"

You made a nonsense comment and are using a ridiculous angle to try and address it - give it up. Sherwood was known for being a tough manager with his players and critical which made his praise of Lennon more specific.

£6m for an England international at the age of 27 and you are questioning it??? BTW Baines was not a finished article - he was on the bench while Lescott played left back. £6m is what we got for Victor Anichebe and Jelavic, we got £4m foir Beckford!!! Are you stuck in 1995 or something?

I'm not obsessed with Lennon, i'm bemused by the apathy towards a player who has made a huge difference to our team.

The guy has played 21 times for England in 9 years and I'd bet not even half of those were as a starter. When was he last called up?

21 England caps is 21 England caps. In an era where we have had a supposed golden generation.

He has been a regular for a team that secured top 4 and got far in the champions league. That is something Mirallas ain't done.

Sorry but right now he's not an England international that's like calling Scott Parker one

Sorry but right now he's not an England international that's like calling Scott Parker one

Scott Parker is 35 Lennon is 27, at parkers peak he was a very good player so I don't get your point.

If you are eluding to hodgson not picking Lennon ahead of the likes of ox, sterling, walcott, milner, lallana I'm not bothered - in reality though he is good in that company.

Again...£6m a bargain. Ask any spurs fan.

21 England caps is 21 England caps. In an era where we have had a supposed golden generation.

He has been a regular for a team that secured top 4 and got far in the champions league. That is something Mirallas ain't done.

england is a joke, golden generation? you've got to be kidding me. out at the group stage. belgium? that's a golden generation. their world cup experience was the exact opposite of englands and mirallas was all over that.

sorry haf you usually post great stuff, but this is utter BS.

I did not change the debate to Sherwood you did quoting him as the font of all knowledge when it comes to players

all the players I quoted were within the last five years, I will say it again he will only be a squad player and by xmas he will be bench warming

hes not the player you and saint Tim think he is

england is a joke, golden generation? you've got to be kidding me. out at the group stage. belgium? that's a golden generation. their world cup experience was the exact opposite of englands and mirallas was all over that.

sorry haf you usually post great stuff, but this is utter BS.

I quoted it as a "supposed golden generation" just as this Belgian team is a supposed golden generation.

You know why they aren't golden generations??? Because you don't always get great teams by having 11 fancy Dan's on the pitch at the same time. It's all about synergy not getting lampard, Gerrard, scholes, Beckham, Rooney, on the pitch at the same time...

See Germany vs Brazil.

I did not change the debate to Sherwood you did quoting him as the font of all knowledge when it comes to players

all the players I quoted were within the last five years, I will say it again he will only be a squad player and by xmas he will be bench warming

hes not the player you and saint Tim think he is

Is there any chance you can follow the whole posts that have been explained, it's getting to tea time and I can't be arsed doing your donkey work for you. You don't even look at previous responses!

If he's a £6m squad player at Christmas then that's fine by me. He's probably earned us £4m of that already with his 2 goals, 1 assist and penalty he won.

The reality is he won't be a squad player, I expect him to feature heavily.

Is there any chance you can follow the whole posts that have been explained, it's getting to tea time and I can't be arsed doing your donkey work for you. You don't even look at previous responses!

If he's a £6m squad player at Christmas then that's fine by me. He's probably earned us £4m of that already with his 2 goals, 1 assist and penalty he won.

The reality is he won't be a squad player, I expect him to feature heavily.

gone to the pub.