IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

I agree its a bit of a gamble but 30 odd years ago so were Peter Reid and Andy Gray.

peter Reid and Andy gray where not a gamble one was the best uncapped m/f the other was proven goal scorer

with a wealth of experience no comparison with Lennon.

Guest rusty747

peter Reid and Andy gray where not a gamble one was the best uncapped m/f the other was proven goal scorerwith a wealth of experience no comparison with Lennon.

They were both a gamble as they both had dodgy knees and other clubs wouldn't touch them.

Admittedly they were a gamble for different reasons than Lennon is now but the outcomes would have been the same if the gamble hadn't paid off. My point is that Lennon was an England regular and the quality is definitely there. We just need Roberto to fit it into our system. That's the gamble.

Edited by rusty747

Cheap? He gets top whack for his players, and won't compromise - hence why we had to pay them more for Pienaar than they paid us for him despite him barely featuring!

I was being sarcastic. And I meant cheap as in he always gets the best deal, not cheap as in he gets crappy talent: I think you scousers called it being skint or something.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Someone named Lennon is bound to be a hit playing for Everton!

Don't like the player much but think of the headlines.

George McCartney's a free agent apparently, anyone know of a decent goalie called Ringo?

I'd sign Byron Harrison from Cheltenham for sure but we don't need a talentless hanger on so I'll pass on anyone called Ringo (unless he's Brazilian).

Please god no...this is not any smere against Lennon but he has every attribute we do not need. He had exceptional pace but will be nullified by the way we currently play and he can't cross a ball to save his life, even though we never have anyone in the box.

When he does cross, he plays these annoyingly floated balls that lukaku would never win. He's basically a one tricked pony and hasn't got a pass in his locker either. I think his sheer pace gets people praising the lad but it's like flying with concord to an incorrect destination. Altogether very pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely we could get Schurlle on loan from chelsea and send Atsu back.

Not a chance. Schurrle is worth to much. Teams are lining up 20 mill+ bids for him. He is a proven talent who just won a World Cup (and played 244 minutes too, so no bench warmer). Atsu is younger and thus far has only proven his talent at the international level for Ghana.

I've always liked Lennon for his incredible pace, but i don't think he would necessarily fit in. As many people have said, he can't put a ball in the box for his life...not that Rom is adept at going up and getting them anyways. His pace down the flank would be well served however. He would just need to play the ball back for Coleman to ping one in the box.

I feel as if he could learn how to cross the ball while running with alot of extra practice time on the pitch. You can't teach pace. But certainly not worth 7 mill

• 2 weeks later...

Everton now favourites with Sky Sports.

I wouldn't mind to be honest.

Offers pace that we need to turn defence to attack. Plenty of experience.

Good option from bench if Mirallas stays then he offers a ready made "on you go" for when mirallas is having a "not really bothered" game.