IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home)

markjazzbassist

I know, we're saying it every week. But this, and Palace, really are must win games with the ones that are coming up for us.

Not literally true, but close enough to literal truth to be uncomfortable. Most important is that we build on momentum from last three matches. Stoppage equalizer from Lukaku to force replay. Then Naismith header to come back against City. Then inspired Cup play - the better team playing 65 minutes down a man.

So, even without a win in last 3 matches, all 3 showed significant improvement from mostly self-induced deep hole [abetted by some tough ref decisions and maddening injuries]. Maybe it's pathetic to feel as if these most recent 3 "feel like victories," but we can remember how truly pathetic our play had become.

Emotionally and psychology, we were looking into the relegation abyss. These last 3 constitute a big step back from that abyss. A loss to WBrom, and we're looking over the edge again. A tie, even a miraculous late equalizer next Monday, won't suffice. Such a point in the table might, sure, ultimately keep us up, but anything other than 3 against WBrom -- WBrom at Goodison, for heaven's sake -- will feel like a loss and will be, not just feel like, a momentum destroyer.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Excited for this, first game at Goodison ever so I genuinely cannot wait! Anyone else going to game?

Hope you have a great day/evening, only my third game this season, was in the lower Gladys for the Villa game, left my jacket on my seat, got outside realised I'd left it, went back and it was gone....contacted the club but no luck, friggin bin dippers :shaking fist: .

Would like a game like the Villa one, can't see why not really.

Good luck enjoy.

Hope you have a great day/evening, only my third game this season, was in the lower Gladys for the Villa game, left my jacket on my seat, got outside realised I'd left it, went back and it was gone....contacted the club but no luck, friggin bin dippers :shaking fist: .

Would like a game like the Villa one, can't see why not really.

Good luck enjoy.

What or who do you class as a bin dipper?

Are you from Birmingham by chance? They call scousers"bin dippers"

If you are referring to scousers in general with that comment how do you know it was a scouser that took it?

What or who do you class as a bin dipper?

Are you from Birmingham by chance? They call scousers"bin dippers"

If you are referring to scousers in general with that comment how do you know it was a scouser that took it?

ERRRRMMMM ! Joke.

I've always thought ' bin dipper ' to be quite a funny term.

I used to make numerous trips to Everton a few years back and never returned back the same day, always getting a hotel.Enjoying all the delights liverpool has to offer.Never have found anything wrong with any Scousers I've met, like especially their love of all things football.............and their HUMOUR !!

ERRRRMMMM ! Joke.

I've always thought ' bin dipper ' to be quite a funny term.

I used to make numerous trips to Everton a few years back and never returned back the same day, always getting a hotel.Enjoying all the delights liverpool has to offer.Never have found anything wrong with any Scousers I've met, like especially their love of all things football.............and their HUMOUR !!

Humours great, calling us derogatory names like that isn't humour in my book. I've been going to football a long time and been in plenty of rucks, the term bin dipper is a derogatory one.

Lets just leave it there eh.

Calm down, calm down !

You're a proper weapon you mate, honest to god you are.

Save your lets poke fun at the scousers and snigger then throw the "sense of humour" card in for someone who cares.

I'm perfectly calm I just wasn't sure about you and was curious about the bin dipper remark. Now I know and I said to leave it.

Leave it I shall now.

Have a good evening.

You're a proper weapon you mate, honest to god you are.

Save your lets poke fun at the scousers and snigger then throw the "sense of humour" card in for someone who cares.

I'm perfectly calm I just wasn't sure about you and was curious about the bin dipper remark. Now I know and I said to leave it.

Leave it I shall now.

Have a good evening.

The part of the country I come from suffers from plenty of stick and mockery, totaly goes over my head, infact we probably tend to have a good laugh at it ourselves, if it were true I'd maybe be a tad more offended.But as I havn't got six fingers on one hand, didn't marry my sister and did actually get an education......I tend to not get worked up over it.

Sorry if it offended you.

I do tend to see the funy side in everyting, can be a problem I guess.

I always thought 'bin dipper' was a reference to Liverpool fans more than scousers in general?

Christ, we up here get called 'sheep shaggers'...I can handle that one. The one I can't handle is 'inbreds'. That's the one where I point out I'm originally from Birkenhead!!! Then all the scouse stuff starts...wallets, jackets, cars, wheels...Over the years, I'd be an angry little bastard if I didn't have a sense of humour!!! Pinch of salt stuff.

On the game...looking forward to it as each day goes.

Regional stereotyping can sometimes be funny. Found out today that the consultant surgeon who chopped my neck to bits a year back actually owns a farm and has been seen driving a tractor (shouting hello to a patient he recognised) in a nearby town recently. Nurses who I saw today confirmed his part time "job" (which is probably more like him being a big time land owner).

Local saying, "I can't read or write but I can drive a tractor," couldn't be further from the truth.

All harmless I think if there's no malicious intent.

The lineup Im pulling out of my hat.

Robles

Stones Jags Baines

Coleman Besic Barry Oviedo

Barkley Naismith

Lukaku

I really have no idea how Martinez will set up against West Brom. With McGeady out I would have Coleman in a midfield position, but I think this has been attempted before and it did not work well. I'm not really sure what the status is with Mirallas. Is he playing through an injury? can he go a full 90? doubt it. It will be interesting what the setup will look like.

I have a feeling that West Brom will play long ball to Big Vic and try to test our back line. Everton need a clean sheet if they want to say they have been improving these last few games. It needs to start now rather than later.

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

Besic Barkley

Lukaku Naismith Mirallas

Kone

I'd like to see exactly this lineup (if Mirallas is nearly fully recovered). But I assume RM will continue to start Barry, who, admittedly, played better v. WHam. It was probably on the Barkley thread that MC11 made the point several times that Barkley should play ahead of the DM, but not as far advanced as an AM. If I understood MC11 there, I agree.

Anyhow, if Barry's in, and as Kone appears not quite 100% "match fit" [but probably fit enough to take up a spot on the bench....], I'll guess Barkley, Naismith, and either Oviedo or Mirallas will play the "fluidity" thing, with Lukaku mostly ahead of them. Maybe Barkley will in any case generally play as MC11 suggests, so that more often than not he will be more central, so that at times Everton will almost be in a 4-2-1-3, or even 4-2-1-2-1.

Then Oviedo or Mirallas to sub for one of the "fluid 3." Maybe Kone a late appearance? Still hope to see Garbutt again soon, but maybe for now Oviedo is ahead of him.