IGNORED

Tim v Joel

Mogsy

I'm going to give RM the benefit of the doubt but I will be pissed if I see him play another match for us.

Unfortunately, Howard will be back. There is no doubt in my mind. Martinez is just like Moyes when it comes to being stubborn and playing favorites. I'm just frightened that Howard will be in goal until his contract runs down in 2018.

Unfortunately, Howard will be back. There is no doubt in my mind. Martinez is just like Moyes when it comes to being stubborn and playing favorites. I'm just frightened that Howard will be in goal until his contract runs down in 2018.

At this rate Martinez will be gone before 2018 and a new manager may not rate Howard.

Everton now up to 13 PL goals conceded via individual errors this season. 6 more than any other PL side. Difference of 13 points so far.

Genuinely think Howard's been responsible for at least half over the season.

I'd blame him for more than half, RM should be fined by the club for not

Dropping him, and caned for putting him back in

Of course, but he's talking through his arse to say Howard wasn't responsible.

At least now we all know for a fact that Howard will still be in goal no matter how many mistakes he makes.

Yeah Im losing my patience with these favorites. Barry, Howard, Lukaku. We have a deep squad, play the others or don't pay them and sign them. Very simple.

My view on it is; every player can make a mistake, it's natural that they won't be perfect and will occasionally lose concentration, but when a player is continuously making mistakes and costing you points then you drop them for someone more reliable, who will make less mistakes. It doesn't matter who that player is. This is a points game, so sticking blindly with a player who costs you points is just plain stupid. It's probably even more stupid to stick with a goalkeeper that is making mistakes every game because a mistake that close to goal will lead to conceding a goal much more often. If Howard had been in stellar form before being out injured then I could understand why Martinez brought him straight back in. But he wasn't, he was making mistakes with regularity before the injury. Then Joel comes in and, while he looked nervous at first (understandably), he grew into the role and kept three clean sheets. THREE! It was like Christmas had come. For someone who lacks testicles (Martinez), you'd have thought this then provided the perfect opportunity to shit out of saying to Howard that he'd actually been dropped for Joel and could've just gone with making out like Joel was the man in possession and Howard would get another go if Joel dipped in his performances. But no, he brings the ageing, mistake-ridden Howard back in and unsurprisingly we're back to conceding goals and him making mistakes.

Keep sticking with the players who are costing us points and it'll be the end of you, Roberto, so grow a fucking pair will you?

99/100 Tim Howard would be dropped indefinately now.

I said at the time of him coming back in that Tim should now be aware that he has a player ready to take his spot so he needs to watch his performances - that performance has happened, Howard should be dropped, lets hope Joel doesn't feel anxious again.

It wont though . We all know it wont. Martinez has no balls

Agreed paddock which to me is the worst mistake. Being a man means being able to admit you're wrong no matter how big you are. Moyes had issues with this and it looks as if Martinez does as well. Makes me furious. I yearn for a no bullshit manager who plays guys regardless of anything other than form.

The video just reminds you how many mistakes he's made this season. I've always said a good goalkeeper will win you games and points over the season. So many goals there where his positioning is questionable. With Howard, I never feel confident in a one on one situation or on penalties where as the top goalkeepers (Courtois, Cech De Gea, Begovic, Lloris) you always fancy them over the striker. We need a new goalkeeper in the summer, badly.

I don't think Tim has the athleticism any more, he looks heavy.

He's 35 - Big Nev was 36 when he gave his last great Everton performance and that was in the FA Cup final of 95.

The difference is Neville Southall was a goally of WORLD CLASS ability and a tremendous work ethic in training - Tim for all his honesty and decent ability and service is not a fraction the keeper Nev was. In short, his decline is to be expectred, lets hope Martinez doesn't ruin his reputation

Joel looked more confident when he had a good run in the team. The goal against young boys was Howard's fault. He was off his line and couldn't get to the ball on time. His positioning since the WC has been poor. Against Cardiff he played poor and if we had a more confident keeper in net we would have got the three points there. We played poor but I think a more in form goal keeper would have kept those two goals out.

Well let's give him the weekend and see what he does.

Don't forget that 90 minutes ago his desicion looked a good one as Howard had two really good games.

It's now where we want to see RM react and be the manager we want him to be.

He was arguably ag fault for all 4 goals He has let in since his return. Still say he should easily save the Chelsea goal he was way out of position for the YBB goal and most definite the 2 leicester goals.

Of course, but he's talking through his arse to say Howard wasn't responsible.

At least now we all know for a fact that Howard will still be in goal no matter how many mistakes he makes.

I wouldn't be so sure, the key quote from Martinez is “I don’t see Tim as directly responsible of the draw,"

Based on the #1 rule of management not to criticize players in public I take the above comment to be as close as you can get. It'll be a massive call from Martinez to back Howard on Thursday and Sunday.

Guest rusty747

Joel has to be told he is the new number one. Howard has to be told he is now number 2 and has to up his game if he wants to even warm the bench next season. I like Tim but his decline is evident and RM is doing him no favours by persevering with him. Time to go with your head held high Tim. Thanks for everything and Goodbye.

Edited by rusty747