IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

I would love to see your starting eleven.

What I think we will get is

Robles Stones Jags Baines/Oviedo

Besic Barry Mcarthy

Lennon Lukaku Mirallas

If Besic is not fit due the knock he took then Ross to play in his place. I dropped Nais for the same reason.

I've got a feeling well start with the 3 DM's again, which is understandable...

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines/Oviedo

McCarthy Barry Besic

Lennon Mirallas

Lukaku

But ideally I'd like...

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines/Oviedo

McCarthy Besic

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

With Lennon/Mirrallas swapping and Barkley playing a bit deeper.

Th team should be:

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Distin

McCarthy Besic

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Right now that our best side.

Distin will never start (PS - I see that you corrected this). It will be Oviedo, although I'd prefer Garbutt. McGeady was rested and will start ahead of Lennon. Barkley was rested, and I would hope he'll be the difference between the teams. Mirallas was rested in part and will start.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I feel Lukaku needs to grab some bench, but going against Chelsea maybe he will want to prove something more to his former employer.

I think that reasoning is bullshit though, he hasn't proven himself lately. Why not give Kone a go? He probably can't go a full 90, but you could still unleash Lukaku as super sub.

I feel Lukaku needs to grab some bench, but going against Chelsea maybe he will want to prove something more to his former employer.

I think that reasoning is bullshit though, he hasn't proven himself lately. Why not give Kone a go? He probably can't go a full 90, but you could still unleash Lukaku as super sub.

I agree, either way I would like to see Kone make an appearance, he would provide some much needed spark in our attack I think.

Edited by onehotelfoxtrot

Kone is absolute garbage. He is sitting on the bench for a reason.

One half decent game against Newcastle, the rest he played in he was totally obscure.

Lukaku needs to develop therefore he has to play. He wont get better sitting on the bench.

Again makes me laugh. Barkley needs benching to protect him at his tender age but Lukaku needs benching to teach him a lesson.

Same age double standards absolutely astounds me it really does.

Distin will never start (PS - I see that you corrected this). It will be Oviedo, although I'd prefer Garbutt. McGeady was rested and will start ahead of Lennon. Barkley was rested, and I would hope he'll be the difference between the teams. Mirallas was rested in part and will start.

McGeady was injured, so I don't know if that'll be the case.

Does anybody know how long Baines is out for?

We could do with dropping both full backs let them know there not irreplaceable and let them fight for their position. Both Coleman and Baines have been nowhere near their former selves.

Nobody really challenging for Coleman's place could that be the reason for his bad form?

Edited by Ph3nom3nay

We could do with dropping both full backs let them know there not irreplaceable and let them fight for their position. Both Coleman and Baines have been nowhere near their former selves.

Nobody really challenging for Coleman's place could that be the reason for his bad form?

Think coleman has suffered from not having a regular wing partner, it's been Naismith/Barkley/McGeady/Mirrallas and even Rom at points.

Nobody was challenging him last season either, so I doubt that's it.

I don't think anyone suggested putting Howard in for Joel for the Chelsea game. The comments were referring to our best side - when all available and fit.

Joel hasn't had much to do these past few games. A few superb saves no doubt but the workload he has seen is nowhere near what Howard had faced. Joel has had the benefit of having the optimal back 4 in front of him for many of his starts.

I don't think anyone suggested putting Howard in for Joel for the Chelsea game. The comments were referring to our best side - when all available and fit.

Joel hasn't had much to do these past few games. A few superb saves no doubt but the workload he has seen is nowhere near what Howard had faced. Joel has had the benefit of having the optimal back 4 in front of him for many of his starts.

the optimal back 4 as you put has been there all season most of the workload was caused by TH flapping and poor kicking

robles made 2 fantastic saves in the derby one at the attackers feet the other from Gerard's free

kick which if you were not impressed have a look at the last one against howard sailed past him in the middle of the goal

im afraid hes past it and unreliable and its time for efc to move on without him if not robles then we need to buy

we can not go back to the same mess he has been a major part of all season.

I really want to beat them, I hated how arrogant they were acting towards us the last time we played them.

Sadly that's just standard practice for Chelsea. Whenever they win it's 'we were the better side', whenever they lose or draw its 'we blew it ourselves'. Theres never any recognition or credit given to the other side. It's like they think they play amateurs each week.

I think United are very similar to be honest, only it's their fans more so than the players/manager.

Sadly that's just standard practice for Chelsea. Whenever they win it's 'we were the better side', whenever they lose or draw its 'we blew it ourselves'. Theres never any recognition or credit given to the other side. It's like they think they play amateurs each week.

I think United are very similar to be honest, only it's their fans more so than the players/manager.

And its no coincidence that those are my two least favorite teams. Who's head is bigger - Mouhrino or Van Gaal's? You need computers to measure that one.