IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

Not overly bothered about Howard. We all knew. Martinez pretty much said so this week. Robles would have known too. So its not poor man management. I hope for everyone's sanity that he has a good game.

I'm a bit bemused by Mirallas being on the bench and either Barkley or Naismith playing wider. That's not great to see. Would love to know his reasoning.

Other than that, no surprises.

I think it's a 4-3-3 with nais and Lennon playing outside centre with Rom in middle, I think Barkley will be in front of besic and barry.

That would make sense.

The only reason I can think not to start Mirallas I'd that he wants the lads to track back. Lennon, Naisy and Barkley will do that.

Not overly bothered about Howard. We all knew. Martinez pretty much said so this week. Robles would have known too. So its not poor man management. I hope for everyone's sanity that he has a good game.

I'm a bit bemused by Mirallas being on the bench and either Barkley or Naismith playing wider. That's not great to see. Would love to know his reasoning.

Other than that, no surprises.

just because joel new earlier in the week still makes it piss poor management just when the defence

had settled down with a few clean sheets I would not mind if we were talking about big nev but howard for fuck sake.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has made three changes from the side that started Saturday’s Merseyside derby for tonight’s visit to Chelsea.

Tim Howard returns in goal after an extended spell on the sidelines with a calf injury, with Joel Robles dropping to the bench. The young Spanish keeper is joined on the bench by James McCarthy and Kevin Mirallas, who are named amongst the subs to facilitate the return to action of Ross Barkley and Aaron Lennon.

Lennon’s first start in an Everton jersey comes after a promising cameo as a sub against Liverpool, a fixture in which Barkley also impressed as a late arrival from the sidelines.

Bryan Oviedo continues in the side, replacing the injured Leighton Baines at left-back.

Everton are facing a Chelsea side that has not lost at home in the league this term - but which has recently suffered defeat to Bradford City on home soil in the FA Cup.

Lennon isn’t the only player on show tonight getting his first start for his new club. Juan Cuadrado, signed by Chelsea from Fiorentina on deadline day, gets the nod from the kick-off. He will be tasked with providing the ammunition for Loic Remy, who is selected ahead of Didier Drogba.

Cesc Fabregas is included in the squad but isn’t fit enough to start, whilst Diego Costa - the man who scored the opening goal in the 6-3 thriller at Goodison earlier in the season - continues his watching brief from the stands as he serves a suspension for violent conduct.

Martinez my man - do you really want to win this game or just use it as match practice?

Howard in after Robles has 3 clean sheets?

Mirallas one of our best on Saturday benched and Naismith one of our worst on Saturday playing?

Guys do yourself a favour and count the number of times Naismith gives the ball away or backpasses in the opposition half -

I think it's a 4-3-3 with nais and Lennon playing outside centre with Rom in middle, I think Barkley will be in front of besic and barry.

Agree. Bound to be plenty of "fluidity," too, movement to different spots among 4 up front, almost at random. RM seems to favor fluidity, thinking to keep defenders off balance. Not that successful, but he seems to prefer it.

RM.could hardly stop himself this past summer from gushing repeatedly about Cuadrado's brilliance.