IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

And its no coincidence that those are my two least favorite teams. Who's head is bigger - Mouhrino or Van Gaal's? You need computers to measure that one.

Literally or...? cause Van Gaal actually has a huge head. If you watch his pressers you'll notice little rocks floating around him, miniature moons orbiting his giant forehead.

Literally or...? cause Van Gaal actually has a huge head. If you watch his pressers you'll notice little rocks floating around him, miniature moons orbiting his giant forehead.

Haha fantastic!! Anyone else notice how arrogant big Sam has become at west ham, had a half decent season and now laments United for playing long ball to get an equaliser... This is the same man who tried Chris Samba out as a CF against Liverpool a few years back haha!!

Really hope we do Chelsea, moving into my apartment in Manchester this afternoon and my best who I'm living with is a Chelsea fan so I need bragging rights on this one!

Lukaku will be fired up for this one I think we will get hammered but would love to be proved wrong

Won't make a blind bit of difference if we don't give him service. Between Robles belting it upfield and Barry twatting it at him, there's no one giving support.

the optimal back 4 as you put has been there all season most of the workload was caused by TH flapping and poor kicking

robles made 2 fantastic saves in the derby one at the attackers feet the other from Gerard's free

kick which if you were not impressed have a look at the last one against howard sailed past him in the middle of the goal

im afraid hes past it and unreliable and its time for efc to move on without him if not robles then we need to buy

we can not go back to the same mess he has been a major part of all season.

That just isnt true. The skills are an entirely different argument but the fact is Howard has very rarely played with our best back 4. Here are the stats:

Optimal Back 4: Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines

Everton have played 33 games in all competitions

Howard has made 23.5 appearances; Joel has made 9.5 appearances

Howard has played behind the optimal back four in just 2.5 of those games. Everton won both games he played in the full 90 mins and kept one clean sheet. The game he was subbed at half due to injury they lost and i will put the loss on him as he was in goal when the penalty was conceded. 2 wins and a loss.

Howard has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 21 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 6-8-7 with 5 clean sheets.

Joel has played behind the optimal back four in 4.5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 1-2-1 with 2 clean sheets. I will not add the Stoke game to Joel's record.

Joel has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 0-2-3 with 1 clean sheet.

Overall record with optimal back four regardless of goalie: 3-2-2 with 3 clean sheets

Overall record without optimal back four regardless of goalie: 6-10-10 with 6 clean sheets

Tim Howard overall record: 8-8-8 with 6 clean sheets

Joel Robles overall record: 1-4-4 with 3 clean sheets

That just isnt true. The skills are an entirely different argument but the fact is Howard has very rarely played with our best back 4. Here are the stats:

Optimal Back 4: Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines

Everton have played 33 games in all competitions

Howard has made 23.5 appearances; Joel has made 9.5 appearances

Howard has played behind the optimal back four in just 2.5 of those games. Everton won both games he played in the full 90 mins and kept one clean sheet. The game he was subbed at half due to injury they lost and i will put the loss on him as he was in goal when the penalty was conceded. 2 wins and a loss.

Howard has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 21 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 6-8-7 with 5 clean sheets.

Joel has played behind the optimal back four in 4.5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 1-2-1 with 2 clean sheets. I will not add the Stoke game to Joel's record.

Joel has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 0-2-3 with 1 clean sheet.

Overall record with optimal back four regardless of goalie: 3-2-2 with 3 clean sheets

Overall record without optimal back four regardless of goalie: 6-10-10 with 6 clean sheets

Tim Howard overall record: 8-8-8 with 6 clean sheets

Joel Robles overall record: 1-4-4 with 3 clean sheets

Where you add stones in your optimal back four it was distin all last season when tim was supposed

to have had his best season so swapping them makes no difference I take it from your terminology you are American

because optimal does not cover the amount of goalkeeping errors made by tim if you need to refresh your memory

see palace at home,see arsenal at home, see Swansea away see united away second goal,see Chelsea at home through

his legs from the edge of the box in the opening minuets just an example,robles managed on Saturday with out our left back

stats mean nothing performances count

It isn't Howard's fault Martinez played Distin instead of Stones. Stones is a better CB right now and he was in August as well. That is the best back 4 we have. In August and September much of the argument was over how poorly Distin had played not Howard.

Yes i am american - that has absolutely nothing to do with my assessment. Tim Howard is a full international, World cup participant and set the record for most saves in a single game. Joel has barely sniffed international football even at the U23/U21 level.

I am not arguing with you that Tim Howard has made mistakes this season. There is no question he is at fault for a few goals. Don't forget Joel is responsible for the howler of the season in that Krasnodar game.

The only stat that truly matters is winning. We are 8-8-8 with Howard in net and 1-4-4 with Joel in net. This situation reminds me alot of hockey. When a teams starting goaltender is out the team has to protect the backup as much as possible. Therefore offense can suffer as a result which i think in some ways we have seen over the past few weeks. The wingers are sitting deeper than normal and we arent pushing as many men forward. Leaving Lukaku on an island.

At this point in time i believe Tim Howard to be a better option at goalie than Joel - for his goalkeeping skills as well as leadership on the pitch. Guess we will agree to disagree.

im afraid we will have to agree to disagree tim was only 3 rd choice usa keeper till the other 2 retired friedel,keller.

and got the job by default the record saves is generally agreed it was down to lousy finishing by Belgium

but you yanks love the hype and ignore whats in front of you I personally would have bought a keeper in January

ie begovic from stoke or john ruddy

but as you say we are not going to agree

I think most people who watch efc at the moment would not put tim back in goal

but I may be wrong.

Fair enough. On season form Tim has certainly not lived up to expectations but in the same breath he has earned the right to prove he can be the no. 1 based on previous form. If he can quickly get back to that form he is a top 5-7 goalie in the prem. If he cannot and struggles for another 2-3 games Joel will enter the conversation and should see more playing time.

Howard's ceiling is so much higher than Joel's Martinez has to give Tim a few games.

Everton shaping up like this based on Martinez comments this morning:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Oviedo

Barry Besic McCarthy

Mirallas Naismith

Lukaku

OUT: Hibbert McGeady Atsu Osman Pienaar Distin Garbutt?

Subs: Joel Gibson Alcaraz Kone Barkley Lennon Browning

Personally would like to see Barkley and Lennon in for Naismith and Mirallas. Freshen things up a bit.

I guess it's okay we bring Tim back in for Joel? Before Tim was injured were we even considering putting in Robles between the posts? A lot of pressure will be on Tim to preform, but against a team like Chelsea it will be a huge challenge, and one he will hopefully relish.

On another note, I think it's bad taste that Tim is broadcasting premier games. He should be focusing on the club and improving his game rather than blabbering away. Too much of a distraction if you ask me.

Edited by ForEverton2

If Howard comes straight back it will be a complete disgrace. Joel hasn't just had to overcome teams within a short space of time, he has also had to overcome the wrath of 40,000 evertonians...and he looked so assured against Liverpool also.

I fully agree (then again you would expect me to)but seriously it casts a huge shadow over Roberto's man

management for robles to come in and stop the rot as he has and then get dropped for a keeper who should

have been dropped in October is a disgrace, and would send out a message to robles he may as well leave.

his management is already in question over the poor use of subs and his style being so predicable

allegedly it was only player persistence that got him to move the ball forward a bit quicker

I hope we are wrong and robles plays.

If Howard comes straight back it will be a complete disgrace. Joel hasn't just had to overcome teams within a short space of time, he has also had to overcome the wrath of 40,000 evertonians...and he looked so assured against Liverpool also.

Not completely assured. Rushed out and nearly done a Krasnodor. Rush of blood and as Dunc said in another thread that seems to be his weakness. He's also shite at taking penalties and you've got a baldy cock head ;p

Edited by MC11

Guest rusty747

Joel sure isn't a Neville Southall, but at the moment I believe he has earned the right to continue in goal. Anything less sends out the wrong message to both Joel and Tim. It would tell Joel he may as well leave and it would tell Tim he doesn't have to try too hard as he will always be first choice no matter how badly he plays.

Nothing against either 'keeper but it would be very poor man management from Roberto imho if Tim cam straight back into the starting eleven.

Look lads - we need to kick their FUCKING ARSES! We need to win this game and wipe that smartass arrogant grin right off of Mourinho's face. What a cocky prick he is.

I don't care if you pray, show your arse in the frozen food aisle in Tesco to a 93-year old lady, do a rain dance in the middle of Trafalgar Fucking Square, piss on the statue of Liberty's leg, keep your dog in the basement with a cereal box on his head, go all tranny and wear a fucking pink dress and 9 inch heels , etc etc................

WHATEVER it takes! This is a call to arms and we need to unite and cheer these Blues on and spank (the other) Blues!!

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :afro2:

Not completely assured. Rushed out and nearly done a Krasnodor. Rush of blood and as Dunc said in another thread that seems to be his weakness. He's also shite at taking penalties and you've got a baldy cock head ;p

You havnt got a fucking clue pal, you forgot to mention the three clean sheets...and you only have hair to hide that fucked up face of your's. It's ok ya mother loves you.

You havnt got a fucking clue pal, you forgot to mention the three clean sheets...and you only have hair to hide that fucked up face of your's. It's ok ya mother loves you.

To be fair Brett, Robles's only flaw for me recently has been coming of his line prematurely. I think he is doing a great job, once he sorts that we will have a good steady young keeper!