IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

England thumped by the Aussies (again) then Ireland beat the Windies by 4 wickets :shock:

New Zealand looked strong and turned Sri Lanka (who are a very good side) over easily in the tournament opener.

Ireland have a habit of stunning big sides in this tournament, keep an ete on them.

Edited by Paddock

England thumped by the Aussies (again) then Ireland beat the Windies by 4 wickets :shock:

New Zealand looked strong and turned Sri Lanka (who are a very good side) over easily in the tournament opener.

Ireland have a habit of stunning big sides in this tournament, keep an ete on them.

West Indies are pretty crap at the moment though Pad (as long as you get Gayle out). I wasn't at all shocked Ireland beat them, we even stuffed them in a warm-up game ffs so that's how bad they are.

NZ do look strong as do SA, either of them could win it but I think Oz will. Anyone else is a long shot.

West Indies are pretty crap at the moment though Pad (as long as you get Gayle out). I wasn't at all shocked Ireland beat them, we even stuffed them in a warm-up game ffs so that's how bad they are.

NZ do look strong as do SA, either of them could win it but I think Oz will. Anyone else is a long shot.

The way Gayle's been batting recently you don't even need to get him out all that quickly most of the time.

This one will be full of shocks just watch. Also a sign the minnows are gaining ground.

It's hard for a cricket team that is shit to pull together to beat a big side. Not like football where a blood and thunder gutsy performance can get you through.

It's far too complex for that.

Either way the minnows winning is good to ses.

Lately he's mostly been slow to make runs, wasting balls, and then getting out going out for big shots to relieve the pressure.

Commentators seem to think it's due to carrying injuries.

He's woken up big time!

Mind you it's only v Zimbabwe.

WICKET

Gayle c unknown b Masakadza 215 (WI 372-2)

50 overs

An astonishing knock ends as Gayle is caught off the final ball of the innings for the highest score in World Cup history - 215 from 147 balls.

He's woken up big time!

Mind you it's only v Zimbabwe.

WICKET

Gayle c unknown b Masakadza 215 (WI 372-2)

50 overs

An astonishing knock ends as Gayle is caught off the final ball of the innings for the highest score in World Cup history - 215 from 147 balls.

Be interesting to see if he does it against a proper side in the next few games!

Such a promising start; but now Morgan is out and we're 161-4. Off to bed but I'll be amazed if the news is good when I wake up :(.

Far too many defensive shots, we look like we're playing a test match.

Please prove me wrong!

Managed to get over 300 but then our feeble bowling attack was just that; feeble.