IGNORED

Roberto Martinez to be sacked?

I don't want to change Martinez. I want Martinez to change.

Think that might be a big job, why should HE change, he obviously thinks he's doing it right, if he gets sacked he walks away with £millions and straight into another job.

He hasn't set out to k Everton over, it probably hurts him big time, he just seems devoid of ideas and unwilling to change things.I can seriously see him here next season if we survive.Will he change then ?

Less points than Wigan at this stage in 2013!!

If he could change he would have done by now, plays same system with different players often out of position hoping things will improve... Why not change the system ????!!!!

With the future financial stakes I think Bill may yet surprise us and bullet him.

Would you want him to stay if we go down but win the cup mc11?

Do you think he'd stay if he won Europa and got ya relegated. He jumped ship as soon as he did the same at Wigan.

To answer the question though - no.

There is more chance of Chelsea going down than us winning that cup

good potential yes out his deptj maybe not remember a young ginger manager from preston 13 years ago .... worked wonders for us .

Thing is we need someone with a bit more experience and is able to motivate our players.

Howe hasn't dealt with any of these international divas before and that's why I believe he would be out of his depth..... But I could be wrong ?

I think almost anyone would be better than Martinez now. I do not think he can recover it, we are in a downward spiral which usually only stops with a change. I would take someone like Martin O'Neill. Not a world beater, but we could not attract a top manager when Martinez was appointed, so definitely wont now! O'Neill knows a few of our players and has quite a bit of experience.

Edited by markiediow

I have looked at every scenario and possible connotation , practically to death, and I still believe we will be safe.

Truly believe we will beat Newcastle, Burnley and Sunderland at home and get at least 4 points from QPR and Villa away... That will give us 41 points which will be enough.

Despite that I still think that Martinez has to go because it is his stubbornness and inflexibility which has put us in this situation... We are shambolic at the back, static in the middle and toothless up front. And yet again in every press conference he talks about how good his attacking players are....well use them then !!!!!!! .

The more I think about it the more I get angry ... I absolutely hate the shite but what did Tom Thumb do when they were having a bad run ... He changed it and look at them now..!! Absolutely gutted!!

Edited by Sherpa

He did make changes early but he only does this when we are a goal down..... We should be going for games from the off and try and get the early goal, but we don't we sit back and try and draw the opposition in.

Unfortunately for us the other teams have cottoned on to this, we never have anything to defend and we constantly chase games.

I would rather go more direct at times and try and force the issue as we need goals, it worked for Villa the other night, ok it's not pretty but it is effective and we can't be fussy right now.

Edited by Sherpa

He's shown no signs of changing whatsoever.

Sure he's changed slightly different systems but those have been pretty woeful. to make up for dropping joel who had kept clean sheets he went with 3 defensive/holding mids!

He plays Naisimith and Barkley with at least 1 out wide when they clearly don't offer much out wide. He just seems to be trying to fit them into the team.

Last night he took off our only genuine wide player. i couldn't really say what our formation was once Kone came on, we had Osman and Naismith both playing a similar left sided drifting midfield role, no one on the right apart from Coleman. Mirallas might be a selfish buggar who blows hot and cold but he's our biggest game changer that can create chances, he comes on with 8 minutes to go.

Martinez has failed to see for all the season that depsite all our possession and passing around we have no clue when it comes to creating chances.

I'm saying no until the end of the season, but would be looking for ideas right now and have him out the door at the end of the season whatever happens. I don't think we'll go down, I don't see teams below us getting enough points with us picking up just enough. That said we have to get some points and right now we're not earning very many at all against anyone.

Who replaces him...I don't know but I can't go with the "who will do a better job" comments. His failings are clear to see and he's did the same thing at Wigan, he won't change and I don't see that holding on to him will benefit us at all. We need to move on, I'm usually all for giving managers time and hate to see Managers sacked before they've had time to really show themselves but I think he has shown himself plenty and we know what we have.

Still a no from me. There is literally no one else of quality available. Let's get to the end of the season. I still believe we will stay up as there are 3-4 teams playing worse than us, surprisingly..

I hope to god he gets a winger and center back in the summer, at the very least.

Still a no from me. There is literally no one else of quality available. Let's get to the end of the season. I still believe we will stay up as there are 3-4 teams playing worse than us, surprisingly..

I hope to god he gets a winger and center back in the summer, at the very least.

He'll probably buy a winger and either barely play them or play them in central midfield.

It is fine margins... No one thought Mirallas would be this bad this season. Everyone thought we would see more of Lennon. Coleman has been shit and this isn't down to the manager. He is given the freedom to get up the pitch, as has Baines but for whatever reason they havnt. Jags been shit, Howard been shit. Individually they have all been off par. This has nothing to do with the tactics. The only difference is our defensive frailties. When you play more attacking style with a defensively minded moyes side you will be found out more than usual. If our chances go in, we win. Simples!!!!

I love the fact that nobody would dare have a go at the great dunc and question what exactly he is paid to do at the club. We need to be angrier on the pitch, this will turn the fine margins into wins.

It is fine margins... No one thought Mirallas would be this bad this season. Everyone thought we would see more of Lennon. Coleman has been shit and this isn't down to the manager. He is given the freedom to get up the pitch, as has Baines but for whatever reason they havnt. Jags been shit, Howard been shit. Individually they have all been off par. This has nothing to do with the tactics. The only difference is our defensive frailties. When you play more attacking style with a defensively minded moyes side you will be found out more than usual. If our chances go in, we win. Simples!!!!

I love the fact that nobody would dare have a go at the great dunc and question what exactly he is paid to do at the club. We need to be angrier on the pitch, this will turn the fine margins into wins.

Dunc, I have been supportive of Martinez as you are but there comes a stage where you actually say "what is it you are doing?" - if players aren't doing it then its the manager who carries the can, ultimately its his responsibility.

I watched him last night giving it the hand gestures to get the defence to push up - 4 minutes in to injury time at 2-0 down, it was a little bit sad. The whistle then blew and that was it. Like the team he was just going through the motions.

That's the point Brett teams sussed out that our game evolved around the fullbacks bombing on 12 months ago and now all setup to stop them and Martinez still hasn't come up with a plan B