IGNORED

Roberto Martinez to be sacked?

That's the point Brett teams sussed out that our game evolved around the fullbacks bombing on 12 months ago and now all setup to stop them and Martinez still hasn't come up with a plan B

Said it before but I don't buy into this "teams have sussed us out" theory.

We played that way all last season so after two or three games the future opposition might just have noticed it; we were just playing too well for them to counter it. You don't "surprise" everyone for thirty-eight games and then suddenly from game thirty-nine they see what you're doing and set up to (successfully) stop it.

We played that way all last season so after two or three games the future opposition might just have noticed it; we were just playing too well for them to counter it. You don't "surprise" everyone for thirty-eight games and then suddenly from game thirty-nine they see what you're doing and set up to (successfully) stop it.

It's the same when people say we've done well in the Europa because we're an unknown quantity... Erm, do they not have footage of us that they pour over? Every club analyses the opposition obsessively.

If take laudrup, I liked him at Swansea and he had them playing well. Stubs is doing well with hibs but he ain't ready for premier league and neither is big dunc.

Bilic or laudrup for me.

Why laudrup? He couldn't buy a win in his remaining months. Wouldn't that be the same as bobby. Bilic is completely different. Hafter watching besiktas, you can clearly see this man gets a mediocre side playing above themselves through sheer hard graft. That's the type of manager everton need. But I will say again, stick with out bobby.

We were not sussed on game 39 we were sussed out big time in the debacle at Analfield and haven't been as good since

So only Brendan Rodgers had the footballing brain to notice how we were playing? Makes sense.

No just about every manager of every team we have played since then

We didn't play particularly well in the second half of last season , the difference was the players were already high in confidence by then and we were managing to scrape results. Before the shite battered us we had only lost twice 22 games in the league, away to Man City and the 1-0 home defeat to Sunderland when we were down to 10 men.

In the 54 games since then weve lost 30 times so I think it is fair to say teams are on to us

Why laudrup? He couldn't buy a win in his remaining months. Wouldn't that be the same as bobby. Bilic is completely different. Hafter watching besiktas, you can clearly see this man gets a mediocre side playing above themselves through sheer hard graft. That's the type of manager everton need. But I will say again, stick with out bobby.

Bilic is first choice. Why laudrup? Because he won a cup with a small team and salaries and didn't get relegated. At the end he had a bad run but he had them going strong for a while. Plus he had some great transfer dealings. He's a good manager. He was sacked because he spoke out about not getting transfer funds backing, he won't have that problem here with all the tv money.

No just about every manager of every team we have played since then

We didn't play particularly well in the second half of last season , the difference was the players were already high in confidence by then and we were managing to scrape results. Before the shite battered us we had only lost twice 22 games in the league, away to Man City and the 1-0 home defeat to Sunderland when we were down to 10 men.

In the 54 games since then weve lost 30 times so I think it is fair to say teams are on to us

The records are there for all to see.

I just think that our downfall has been down to how we're playing rather than down to the opposition getting wise to us. To say everyone is is "on to us" is simplistic imo....but we'll have to agree to differ in the (old fashioned) TT manner.

Personally I think it's too late in the season to sack Roberto now. He does need a kick up the backside from the board though.

Last Season was a joy for me watching Everton play football "in the right way" and do well in the league.

I genuinely believe that Roberto's tactics have been found out and we are struggling as a result. Typically we've played a high up Playmaker with Barkley or Naismith playing in the hole with the wingers and fullbacks bombing on in a pretty rigid not much movement other than to try and get in behind to place a cross.

I thought that when Darren Gibson came on in the last Europa league match that we'd found a different way to play with a deeper lying Playmaker more in front of the back four with then lots of movement and interchanging of positions up front. I really thought we'd cracked it as the deeper lying playmaker was doing all the orchestrating and had loads of space and no pressure (not the case with Ross playing the role higher up the pitch).

I was baffled when we played on the next Sunday against Arsenal and we'd gone back to the same old formation and tactic....

I really do think Roberto needs to learn to mix up the formation a bit more, he can still keep the same passing philosophy, but have 3 or 4 options to switch to given how the opposition have set-up against us.

So only Brendan Rodgers had the footballing brain to notice how we were playing? Makes sense.

I've been banging on about how easy it is to nullify us since before that Derby, that game just highlighted it on an embarrassing scale. Rodgers spotted how and everyone seems to have picked up on it since

The records are there for all to see.

I just think that our downfall has been down to how we're playing rather than down to the opposition getting wise to us. To say everyone is is "on to us" is simplistic imo....but we'll have to agree to differ in the (old fashioned) TT manner.

It's a mix of them both in all honesty. We've changed our play by slowing down to snail pace and passing more (and more aimlessly), whilst the opposition have learnt to let us have as much of the ball as we like up until the box, then pack it or pressurize the players on the ball and make them panic. Mix that with the refusal to change approach - the twatting it up field is not changing approach and isn't being more direct, its down to being clueless - and we're stuck with a relegation situation.

If Roberto is not going to change, due to blind faith in his principles, then we're screwed. That simple.

I think the problem is somewhere between being sussed out and bad management

for example the reds keeper was crap he dropped him only got back in when jones was injured

what do we do drop the man who had 3 clean sheets and bring back a clown who by anyone's standards is having his worst season ever

lovren 2o million playing crap dropped till he started to improve

barry naisy jags never dropped no matter how poor

city just dropped company best cb the last 2 years going through a bad patch dropped simple

can you see a pattern piss poor management he has other players but he has decided

to stick with the old guard to the determent of EFC now that's were the problem lies.

I have just read the article its based on us winning the Europa cup

and he says Roberto got it wrong with dropping joel and playing people

out of position well nothing has changed

so again if he is determined its his way or the highway then start the car Roberto.

this is not the fans wanting him sacked this is a man who is sacking himself.

He needs to adapt. Even Big Sam at West Ham, known for his long ball tactics, has had his team playing quick attacking and very entertaining football this season. If a manager like him can adapt to having better players and using them well, then Roberto should be ashamed for not doing the same thing. Time to shake it up Roberto, for me next week is make a break for him. He needs a win in Europa but more importantly he needs a win in the league.

He needs to adapt. Even Big Sam at West Ham, known for his long ball tactics, has had his team playing quick attacking and very entertaining football this season. If a manager like him can adapt to having better players and using them well, then Roberto should be ashamed for not doing the same thing. Time to shake it up Roberto, for me next week is make a break for him. He needs a win in Europa but more importantly he needs a win in the league.

nope, all bullshit. statistically, west ham have lumped more long balls foward this season than they did last season. FACT!

Have we really lost 30 of the last 54?

That's horrendous. Never really hit me it was actually that bad...Fucking hell.

We haven't. Dunc's figures are wrong.

We've played 57 games in all competitions since losing 4-0 to Liverpool last year.

Our PL record the second half of last season after that loss was W10 L5 (no draws), including winning 7 on the bounce, so not too shabby.

Our total record, including both cups and Europa and PL this season, is P57 W24 D12 L21, so no way near as bad as he claims.

nope, all bullshit. statistically, west ham have lumped more long balls foward this season than they did last season. FACT!

I wrote that they played exciting attacking and quick football. If you've watched them and think otherwise I don't think they've played good football I'd be shocked. They have played long, they've played short, they've had Downing pulling teams apart from behind two strikers, they've shown pace on the counter with Valencia and is it Sako? Don't remember the guys name.

But also, for calling my post bullshit. Fuck you, it's my opinion.

I have just read the article its based on us winning the Europa cup

and he says Roberto got it wrong with dropping joel and playing people

out of position well nothing has changed

so again if he is determined its his way or the highway then start the car Roberto.

this is not the fans wanting him sacked this is a man who is sacking himself.

^This