its all in the crystal balls.

my go at being mystic meg

1,will get a positive result against Newcastle

2,will manage to finish a boring but safe mid table

3,in the summer nothing will change no sacking no big signings

same keeper same system bill will say nothing can not afford to

no wingers no imagination no chance of renewing my season ticket

its all in the crystal balls.

I'll take number 2 now !.......and of course number 1 ( sorry, couldn't remember what positive result meant )

As for your season ticket, to be honest, even staying in the prem, followed by another 'safe' campaign next season, who could blame anyone for not renewing their ticket..........the football really is that bad.

I'd probably make my couple of trips up to watch, but that would be more out of love and duty rather than the chance of seeing a great/good Everton performance.

Maybe Martinez will change a couple of backroom boys, change his mind sett, change his tactics and we can let the young lads like Joel, Stones, Garbutt, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku etc have a go at playing some different kind of football.

As for the game against Newcastle, this squad under Moyes I'd have said win.........at the moment, a draw at very best.

Guest rusty747

I really hope I am wrong but there were signs v Stoke that the players were playing like they didn't believe in the system, themselves or each other anymore. If that is the case then only a change of leadership can change that mindset on the pitch.

I don't think Bill has the balls or the cash to be able to sack Martinez now, and if he did, who would replace him? I therefore think that its more of the same for another 10 matches and we will probably just avoid relegation - which Martinez will no doubt trumpet as a 'phenomenal' achievement.

For me, Bill needs to be thinking what he is going to do in May. Either Martinez goes, the new man comes in and has a full pre season with a revamped squad or Bill keeps faith with Martinez and we get another 38 games of 'phenomenal' performances and lose most of them because 'the margins are so fine.' The guy is just making excuses and insulting our intelligence by thinking we are stupid enough to fall for his bs. Tell it like it is Roberto. We are crap, confidence is down and its all your bloody fault.

FWIW I think Newcastle will win - by a fine margin after another phenomenal performance by Everton.

Edited by rusty747

This is the first time I've picked a team and it will cause a stir.

robles

coleman jags distin baines

Mccarthy Gibson

Lennon Osman Mirallas

lukaku

I know it won't be this team because distin can't even get on the bench this tells me all is not well behind the scenes.

I just hope baines hasn't gone the same way because of the Philipp lahm idea.

Up until this year Distin would have been the first name on my team sheet, but the way he started the season and with whatever is going on behind the scenes I don't know if he will play for us again.

Got no issue with Ozzie starting though, as long as the subs are used in the right way.

Guest rusty747

Osman certainly offers something creative, disciplined and reliable that we have been badly missing lately. I just dont want to rush him. I would use him as a half time sub and build his fitness. Maybe start with Ross and swap for Ossie at half time.

Think its funny that in our hour of need Ossie is suddenly flavour of the month again, why do peoples opinion of him fluctuate so much?

He's the perfect type of player for what Martinez wants to do. Wants to pass forward, capable of playing quick passing with little room. My problem with him has always been his lack of consistency and his ability to go through games and be completely invisible. The same applies to Pienaar.

I don't think we've missed those two as players, per se, but we've missed those types of players. Which is why I think it was absolutely criminal that Martinez didn't bring in at least one sort of player like that over the summer. It's not like Osman and Pienaar are in their prime, they were always going to be bit part players this season due to their age, so he should have made a creative player a must in the summer. It's cost us massively, that lack of forward thinking, IMO.

Guest rusty747

There is no point winning the Europa League if the price is relegation.

That said, the different styles of play that the Europa League and Premier League require should allow for a strong Everton team for both the Kiev and Newcastle matches.

Kiev would suit Osman, Barkley, Mirallas, Gibson, Lukaku (hopefully)

Newcastle game would be better for Besic, McCarthy, Lennon and maybe Kone

There is no point winning the Europa League if the price is relegation.

That said, the different styles of play that the Europa League and Premier League require should allow for a strong Everton team for both the Kiev and Newcastle matches.

Kiev would suit Osman, Barkley, Mirallas, Gibson, Lukaku (hopefully)

Newcastle game would be better for Besic, McCarthy, Lennon and maybe Kone

Not Kone, anything but Kone :P

Think its funny that in our hour of need Ossie is suddenly flavour of the month again, why do peoples opinion of him fluctuate so much?

not everyone's ;)

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Garbutt

McCarthy Gibson

Mirallas Kone Lennon

Lukaku

That for me please. Kone can link up the play, Lukaku and put the goals away. Bring on Ossie in the second half to play behind the striker. 2 Wingers, switching to mix things up. Gibson to have someone to pass the ball forward.

Clearly Howard will start so we won't get a clean sheet based on this seasons form. But that team is strong enough to get goals.

Still think we're going to get stuffed though.

Kone is not a number 10, the sheer thought of himplaying there fills me with dread.

He's absolutely shite. All huff and puff with no end product.

Perfect for a Wigan or Burnley et al but nowhere near good enough for where we were supposed to be heading before this traincrash.

He's not the player you need to pull you out the shit either. Defoe at Sunderland will get them goals, Kone simply put, wont!

Kone is not a number 10, the sheer thought of himplaying there fills me with dread.

Perfect for a Wigan or Burnley et al but nowhere near good enough for where we were supposed to be heading before this traincrash.

He's not the player you need to pull you out the shit either. Defoe at Sunderland will get them goals, Kone simply put, wont!

This is why I said play him behind Lukaku. He's far from shite, he's just rusty and not the greatest finisher. He can, however, hold up the ball and link up play, which is what we've been crying out for all season.

Not ideal but its got to be worth a go.

He scored 13 prem goals for wigan in the year they were relegated. Lukaku has 7 in the Prem so far after 28 games, at his current ratio of 1 in 4 he is projected to get 9-10. I don't believe there is much between the two players if you weigh up the pros and cons.

He scored 13 prem goals for wigan in the year they were relegated. Lukaku has 7 in the Prem so far after 28 games, at his current ratio of 1 in 4 he is projected to get 9-10. I don't believe there is much between the two players if you weigh up the pros and cons.

Just admit defeat. You're one of the worst at seeing a player.

This is why I said play him behind Lukaku. He's far from shite, he's just rusty and not the greatest finisher. He can, however, hold up the ball and link up play, which is what we've been crying out for all season.

Not ideal but its got to be worth a go.

Sorry mate we'll have to agree to disagree on that. He's a number 9 and a poor one at that, play him there he'll get sucked into that role and he and Lukaku will be falling over each other like the keystone cops.

Kone is a championship level striker Matt. We're struggling for goals he wont provide them.

Mbarkley is the player that should be given a run in the 10 spot and I'm hardly his biggest fan but he can provide us with a spark.

Just admit defeat. You're one of the worst at seeing a player.

"Admit defeat" it's a fuckin forum where people express their opinions. Defeat?! Bore off. Your brown nosing of certain forum members is almost as sickening as your love for mirallas.

Sorry mate we'll have to agree to disagree on that. He's a number 9 and a poor one at that, play him there he'll get sucked into that role and he and Lukaku will be falling over each other like the keystone cops.

Kone is a championship level striker Matt. We're struggling for goals he wont provide them.

Mbarkley is the player that should be given a run in the 10 spot and I'm hardly his biggest fan but he can provide us with a spark.

He's the last player I'd put there at the moment. His confidence is shot, and even when its not he holds up an attack so much I despair. Ideally I'd have Ossie there but 1he'll never start in his preferred position

Kone will come good given the chance, I'm sure of it. He's just not been given a real chance in a blue shirt. Like Haf says, he can put them away, he just needs to be on the pitch long enough to do so.

He's the last player I'd put there at the moment. His confidence is shot, and even when its not he holds up an attack so much I despair. Ideally I'd have Ossie there but 1he'll never start in his preferred position

Kone will come good given the chance, I'm sure of it. He's just not been given a real chance in a blue shirt. Like Haf says, he can put them away, he just needs to be on the pitch long enough to do so.

How the mighty have fallen.

Have we really taken to relying on Kone to pull us out the shit?

Matt we'll never agree on this so not much point dragging it out mate but Kone is a second rate striker. A good championship striker AT BEST.

He is not someone we should be looking at to pull us out of this. He's no where near good enough to even contemplate him being able to do it.

Barkleys confidence is low and I've made no secret of my thoughts on Barkley but he is WAY better an option than Kone. Put the lad in after sitting him down and see where he goes.

How the mighty have fallen.

Have we really taken to relying on Kone to pull us out the shit?

Matt we'll never agree on this so not much point dragging it out mate but Kone is a second rate striker. A good championship striker AT BEST.

He is not someone we should be looking at to pull us out of this. He's no where near good enough to even contemplate him being able to do it.

Barkleys confidence is low and I've made no secret of my thoughts on Barkley but he is WAY better an option than Kone. Put the lad in after sitting him down and see where he goes.

how indeed. Were in a relegation battle, I'm desperate.

Barkley has proven he's not up to speed this season, Kone has looked promising in his cameos. Plus, he is used to relegation scraps, experience we unfortunately need at the moment.