IGNORED

'Big' 5 - who do you hate most and why?

Not sure if this is a universal feeling amongst football fans, but my hatred of some teams occasionally equals (if not, exceeds) the love I have for my own. I am not sure whether my hatred is born of irrational prejudice, sour grapes, good reason, or even geographical proximity, but I would be interested to know how you would rate the 'Big' 5 in terms of how you feel about them (1 being least hated to 5 being the most).

Mine would be:

1. Arsenal (actually don't mind Wenger, like the way his teams play - if they win anything, I'm not bothered)

2. Man City (not overly fussed when they win things - their fans suffered enough and are quite self-deprecating in a Manc kind of way)

3. Chelsea (boring team, nasty team, don't like them and would prefer they lost to nearly everyone, but quite like Mourinho because of the nice things he's said about us)

4. Liverpool (hate everything about them - the years of abuse, the years of inferiority, the years of losing, the years of failure have added up to a lot of bitterness. Love it when they lose to anybody - well, almost)

5. Man Utd (absolutely loathe them - their sense of entitlement, their arrogance, their years of getting every refereeing decision going, the years of Ferguson, the years of living in Manchester and having to put up with it - if there was a circle beneath the seventh circle of Hell, I would commit Man Utd to it, where hopefully, they could rot for eternity, never winning a single thing again)

So, there you have it. Interested to hear others' irrational prejudices!

Chelsea - cheating scumbags, dirtbag bus parking manager, plastic fans

Man U - crap bandwagon fans. Manager is a goof, pretentious club.

Liverpool - the Olympic diving team, paid of the refs for Steve g pens, coach ain't bad, fans aren't from Liverpool, they all live in London.

Don't mind arsenal or man city or Spurs.

Edited by markjazzbassist

1. Arsenal - respect that Wenger built his team the right way, though I do get annoyed by his excuses sometimes

2. Man City - Like Formby said, they've suffered awhile, and we usually play well against them.

3. -

4. Chelsea and ManU - can't stand either manager, their players, or all the whining/diving. Equal in terms on annoyance, and seeing either lose gives me great satisfaction.

5. Liverpool - No brainer.

1. Arsenal (grandfather was 'born in the shadow of highbury', so I have a soft spot for them, and Wenger: Massive respect he's pretty much changed the way that teams are managed,in England anyway. His team in the mid 00s was probably the best team I've seen in my life so far.)

2. Man City (hard to take seriously, but at least they're not Man Utd. They're are sort of like Liam Gallagher marrying Patsy Kensit - they must fucking pinch themselves every day and wonder how the fuck they got where they are).

3. Chelsea (again a soft spot. One of my best mate is a Chelsea fan and they went through some shite for decades before becoming a 'glamour club' in the nineties. Also, I LOVE Mourinho, he's a brilliant motivator, plays the media like a 12th player, though his teams aredull as shite. Got to respect him).

4. Liverpool (obviously they are the worst ever. I'm sure it's not all just my bias, but I find liverpool has more obnoxious fans than any other team. I don't want them to lose every game - that would be easy - I wish them something worse... that theire fans would hate even more... I wish them mediocrity.

5. Man Utd (second place, but a long way behind Liverpool. As much as I can't stand them, you can't help but respect Ferguson and what he did. Even though he was a chiselling, crooked, nasty bully. Of course, the situation they are in now is absolutely hilarious- great to see them exposed as clowns since Fergie left.)

1 Chelsea - from the top of the shop down through their nobhead manager to their not so humble fans they represent everything which is bad about football

2 Liverpool and Arsenal - in equal measures. It's always some other fuckers fault with these two

Man City and Man Utd - don't pay them much attention - plastic clubs, like Chelsea - I remember when all 3 were really shite and Mancs always have been and always will be the same so accept the things you cannot change and don't waste your energy

Don't "hate". Life's too short.

Dislike varies season to season depending on any number of factors and isn't restricted to any five. This year I'm not overly bothered by the top of the table other than hoping that Liverpool and/or ManU fail to get top four. Can't hate Spurs 'cos my dad was a fan; the two teams that I really want to fail every season are Leeds (prejudice going back to the Revie era) and Middlesbro (because they've never attempted attractive football in the forty plus years I've been watching it).

1. Arsenal - as people have said, got to have respect for Wenger, though it seems like they're the cry babies of the EPL. Always have something to sook about.

2. City - dont so much hate their fans, cause majority seem to be somewhat humble and have their heads screwed on and realize theyre only big because some oil baron saw profit margins. Their players piss me off though, and they were probably my most hated club when Mancini was there. He was an arrogant, self entitled twat.

3. Liverpool - havent got the geographical rivalry being an aussie though I do dislike them. Fans think they're on Barcelonas scale in terms of prestige. Try again mate.

4/5. Chelsea and Man U, both rotate depending what week it is. Arrogant bandwagon fans who simply chose them because they were the best team at the time. Always patronize and talk down to others, and they seem to think a football match is a movie and theyre the good guys, who should eventually win. Their managers always seem to be arrogant twats too. I hate Chelsea at the moment for the way they bully referees into making decisions. They did it to Barry at the bridge and did it to Ibrahimovic the other night. As Ibra put it, theyre a bunch of babies.

1 Liverpool

2 Liverpool reserves

3Liverpool under 18s

4 Liverpool under 16s

5 Liverpool Under anythings.

6 Liverpool winning a corner

7 Liverpoolwinning a throw

8 a Liverpool fan winning inthe kids school christmas fair raffle

Anything to do with Liverpool. As long as those crabs don'twin anything I don't give a fuck who elsedoes.

Bitter and proud since 1973!!!