IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa Away)

markjazzbassist

Really unfortunate. I thought the era of strikes was over. When things like this happen, I really believe that customers should be allowed to sue the companies and unions involved to seek not just their money back but also compensation. It's the breaking of a contract.

Still, it offers a wonderful opportunity for Bill Kenwright to, in one master stroke, revitalize team support. Rent a jetliner and offer anyone with a ticket for the game the opportunity to fly to Kyiv free of charge. My guess is that he'd make his money back very quickly in terms of higher gate revenues for the rest of the season.

Bad news, that. Even though Mirallas has been off form, I fancied him to turn up against Kyiv. No way is McGeady fit! If he makes it on for the last 15 mins I'll be surprised. The absence of any natural wide men means we're pretty much assured of setting up with a 4-3-3 - not a formation which has brought us much joy this season, unless you count the 0-0 at Anfield.

We drew 1-1 at Analfield, you mean Goodison?

Guest rusty747

We can hold Rusty personally accountable for this :shaking fist:

Nothing to do with me. I'm working as usual and trying to find a bar in Bangkok that is showing the game.

Really feel for all the supporters that have had their travel plans disrupted though.

Ok people, my first post on the forum so please be gentile. I couldn't think of another, more suitable way of making my first comment other than having a go at the lineup for tonight.

So here goes....

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Gibson Besic

Naisy

Lukaku Kone

At first glance I thought width may be an issue here but I think width can be created (if needed) through the marauding Coleman and Baines and possibly when Kone and Lukaku pull off their markers. I want a high energy side, hence the inclusion of a central McCarthy, Besic and Naisy.

Ok people, my first post on the forum so please be gentile. I couldn't think of another, more suitable way of making my first comment other than having a go at the lineup for tonight.

So here goes....

Howard

McCarthy Gibson Besic

Naisy

Lukaku Kone

At first glance I thought width may be an issue here but I think width can be created (if needed) through the marauding Coleman and Baines and possibly when Kone and Lukaku pull off their markers. I want a high energy side, hence the inclusion of a central McCarthy, Besic and Naisy.

I'd be very happy with that. Not bad for a first post mate :)

So here goes....

Howard

McCarthy Gibson Besic

Naisy

Lukaku Kone

If he does play the 3 centre mid, I wouldn't mind your formation. Kone can holdup okay and linkup as the 10 and Lukaku and naisy know where the net is.

If he does play the 3 centre mid, I wouldn't mind your formation. Kone can holdup okay and linkup as the 10 and Lukaku and naisy know where the net is.

I just think we need to have the right balance for tonight, (sounds obvious) not too defensive, but yet not too 'all guns blazing'. I've included Kone, just for that foil for Lukaku and Naisy. The fact that we seemed to have used Kone as a foil or linkup player in the last couple of games probably says something about where we are with a number 10.

:rofl:

Based on this seasons form, he will not be missed. Last seasons Mirallas would be a miss to most squads.

To be fair he's much more important to our style of play in Europe, were we tend to create a lot of danger on the counter. Lukaku and Mirallas have been the keys to this.

To be fair he's much more important to our style of play in Europe, were we tend to create a lot of danger on the counter. Lukaku and Mirallas have been the keys to this.

When Mirallas decides to make an impact on a game and when we have played to his strengths, he can be unstoppable. You're also right in saying that he is an important factor in the way be have played in Europe this year. However, he worries me at the moment.....attitude/mindset etc...There have been so many occasions this year where he has failed to make an impact on the game and considering the talent he has, you have to question why he isn't ripping it up more often? Is it our tactics or attitude? Based on this I am not too sure how much of a miss he will be tonight.

So here goes....

Howard

McCarthy Gibson Besic

Naisy

Lukaku Kone

I wouldnt have an issue with this side. However, Barry will most likely play at the expense of Besic. I think this could be a perfect game for Besic, their going to try and intimidate us and Besic and McCarthy together in mids will make that incredibly hard! We need a goal, no doubt, this team has atleast 1 goal in it!