IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

I think he needs to be doing a lot more than bagging hatricks and regularly scoring spectacular goals before he is worthy of a place on our substitutes bench ahead of the likes of Niasee, Piennar, Osman and Kone

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not....

Bring him on as a 60th minute sub against Bournemouth. See how he goes. If he grabs his chance then start him in the Leicester and Norwich games.

I really don't get this new phenomenon where people are picking what subs we need and the timings for them before a ball is kicked. You make decisions on them dependant on the state of the game (even if you don't agree with the manager's decisions at the time). Predicting them, or saying what needs to happen is just daft when you have no idea what the score will be at any given time.

I really don't get this new phenomenon where people are picking what subs we need and the timings for them before a ball is kicked. You make decisions on them dependant on the state of the game (even if you don't agree with the manager's decisions at the time). Predicting them, or saying what needs to happen is just daft when you have no idea what the score will be at any given time.

for an introduction to the first team in a run in of hopefully meaningless games, I agree with it. Any other time

It's based on general form I guess, I.e we know we'll be losing at that point so why not plan. But your principe is correct

Guest rusty747

I would normally agree but with three dead rubbers to play I think Dowell deserves his chance. He could be started against Bournemouth I suppose but I think it might be fairer on the lad to bring him on from the bench but with long enough left to have an opportunity to make a real contribution. Hence my suggestion of bringing him on in 60th minute.

Edited by rusty747

Agree, it's been frustrating me all season. Then the manager gets criticism for not being flexible or having a plan b.....Maybe he does read our threads haha.

Martinez has been doing that all season!

We already know that he will bring Mirallas/ Delefeou on for Lennon in the 68th minute against Bournemouth and the 73rd minute against Norwich

The score or the way the game is going will not influence his subs

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Yeah, I think he should bring Mirallas on against Bournemouth with 30 seconds of added time left, It didn't work at Wembley but you've got to keep trying.. :D

Martinez has said he's "close" to getting in the first team.

I'm not really sure what else he can do to be more than close. If the current first teamers were performing then fair enough, but they're not. And our season is done so you may as well give him a go.

Edited by Romey 1878

• 2 weeks later...