IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SmashedCrab said:

scored a spectacular free kick against Ipswich yesterday, he's upto 6 goals in the championship now.

This full season of first-team football should give him a lot of confidence and information, which can only benefit us. I hope he comes into pre-season and absolutely full of beans determined to have a season here to prove he can cut it at the top level. 

I've said in another thread my thoughts on him deserving a chance in the Prem. I don't think loaning him out for the season with no recall option was very wise at all. If Barkley goes, we're left with the choice between Klaassen being cover for Sigurdsson to the end of the season, or buying yet another attacking midfielder. Personally from what I've seen this season I'd rather it was Klaassen who was out on loan. 

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-future-hold-loan-everton-14061445
Just leave him where he is. The odd appearance for us until the end of the season will do him no favours whatsoever. Leave him where he is, playing every game, learning more. Then get him back here for pre-season and let him show the coaching staff what he's made of.

It would be a ridiculous decision to recall him when , hopefully , our season is already over and we have nothing to play for

He is performing well and playing week in week out at Forrest so it’s a no brainier to let him to continue his development in the Championship for the rest of the season

10 hours ago, nogs said:

I'd love a goalscoring attacking midfielder myself

So would I, but is he going to get picked before Gylfi or Rooney (obviously depending on how we line up). He isn’t going to come back and suddenly start getting picked. 

As well as he is doing, it’s a massive difference in the premier league. Especially competing in the top half. 

We love building up a young player here, if he comes back and gets a couple of games and doesn’t do well he will be getting booed off before we know it. The kid needs to gain experience. 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

So would I, but is he going to get picked before Gylfi or Rooney (obviously depending on how we line up). He isn’t going to come back and suddenly start getting picked. 

As well as he is doing, it’s a massive difference in the premier league. Especially competing in the top half. 

We love building up a young player here, if he comes back and gets a couple of games and doesn’t do well he will be getting booed off before we know it. The kid needs to gain experience. 

By that logic, DCL, Davies, Kenny etc should be out on loan rather than playing in the Premier League. Davies has played nearly 50 games for us now and he's not even 20 yet. What better experience is there than that? 

I think Dowell's loan has been a great success and I agree with letting him complete it. But the form he has shown he should absolutely be in first team contention next season, pushing Gylfi and Rooney for their places. There's no point having a youth system if there is not a clear strategy for getting the best playing first team football for the club. In my opinion too many of our kids end up leaving without ever getting a chance to prove themselves at senior level for us. For someone like Dowell who has excelled at a very high level in the Championship, I think he's earned the chance. And if he starts banging in screamers at the Gwladys, people won't be booing him, he'll be a hero

On 24/12/2017 at 15:21, nogs said:

By that logic, DCL, Davies, Kenny etc should be out on loan rather than playing in the Premier League. Davies has played nearly 50 games for us now and he's not even 20 yet. What better experience is there than that? 

I think Dowell's loan has been a great success and I agree with letting him complete it. But the form he has shown he should absolutely be in first team contention next season, pushing Gylfi and Rooney for their places. There's no point having a youth system if there is not a clear strategy for getting the best playing first team football for the club. In my opinion too many of our kids end up leaving without ever getting a chance to prove themselves at senior level for us. For someone like Dowell who has excelled at a very high level in the Championship, I think he's earned the chance. And if he starts banging in screamers at the Gwladys, people won't be booing him, he'll be a hero

My logic behind it isn’t just a blanket over all young players. You’ve got to take into account their chances of playing in our first team or not. So for me Dowell wouldn’t get in our team, so loan and develop, Davies has shown enough ability to be in the first team so no point loaning him out, I think DCL should be out on loan but we have been too short to let him. If Coleman wasn’t injured I would have expected Kenny to be out on loan too. The lads who are playing (apart from Davies) are doing so because of circumstances, not because they are so good they claimed a place in the side. 

So Dowel comes back in the summer, Wayne and Gylfi keep him out of the team, gets the last five or ten mins of a game a handful of times, how does that help him? I’d rather him have another season where he’ll get 40 games in and have a real chance of coming back and getting in the first team. Mark my words, he won’t be a starter at everton next season.