IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

People raved about him today but I just thought he was ok for the most part. And he needs to get stronger, he's far too weak right now.

There were flashes though, weren't there? That turn and cross, couple of balls he tried that didn't quite come off but he was trying to create.

Thought he had a very good debut. Davies looked better, but I'd love to think both will develop in a blue shirt. Could be the start of something very special.

There were flashes though, weren't there? That turn and cross, couple of balls he tried that didn't quite come off but he was trying to create.

Thought he had a very good debut. Davies looked better, but I'd love to think both will develop in a blue shirt. Could be the start of something very special.

Flashes for sure and I wasn't meaning it to come across like I thought he had a bad game or anything. It was far from that. I just wasn't overly excited by him. Once he beefs up a bit (not much) I think he'll be the real deal. That's why Davies looked the far better one if the two today IMO - he's already built like a man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I think he might be a late bloomer like Osman. As you say he will need to prove himself at Championship / Lower prem sides to be given a chance here.

Could be, because the few glimpses I've had of him I wasn't impressed at all. Which surprised me because he's done so well for the U23s and scored some cracking goals.

Get him out on loan and playing proper competitive football. Then we'll see what he's made of.

Could be, because the few glimpses I've had of him I wasn't impressed at all. Which surprised me because he's done so well for the U23s and scored some cracking goals.

Get him out on loan and playing proper competitive football. Then we'll see what he's made of.

That last bit is exactly what he needs. He isn't mature for his age like Davies and needs to get kicked about by grown men for a few months.

• 4 months later...