Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sounds like he needs to work on his consistency, as all young players do, because there's been absolutely nothing about him since his good start. This loan move will be doing him the world of good in that respect, and performances like that one will help too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hafnia said:

I think so.... imagine having someone who can take a pop from 30 yards without flinching.

Tremendous weapon to have. We haven't really had anyone who can do this.  Barkley has the ability to strike a ball just doesn't get the decision side right. 

"The player Bilyaletdinov should've been" is a good sales pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmashedCrab said:

scored a spectacular free kick against Ipswich yesterday, he's upto 6 goals in the championship now.

 

 

This full season of first-team football should give him a lot of confidence and information, which can only benefit us. I hope he comes into pre-season and absolutely full of beans determined to have a season here to prove he can cut it at the top level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said in another thread my thoughts on him deserving a chance in the Prem. I don't think loaning him out for the season with no recall option was very wise at all. If Barkley goes, we're left with the choice between Klaassen being cover for Sigurdsson to the end of the season, or buying yet another attacking midfielder. Personally from what I've seen this season I'd rather it was Klaassen who was out on loan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-future-hold-loan-everton-14061445
Just leave him where he is. The odd appearance for us until the end of the season will do him no favours whatsoever. Leave him where he is, playing every game, learning more. Then get him back here for pre-season and let him show the coaching staff what he's made of.

It would be a ridiculous decision to recall him when , hopefully , our season is already over and we have nothing to play for

He is performing well and playing week in week out at Forrest so it’s a no brainier to let him to continue his development in the Championship for the rest of the season


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nogs said:

Why? Who's to say he won't come back and improve us? 

He may improve us, but I think he could benefit more from the consistency of playing with the same players for a second season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StevO said:

He may improve us, but I think he could benefit more from the consistency of playing with the same players for a second season. 

I'd love a goalscoring attacking midfielder myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nogs said:

I'd love a goalscoring attacking midfielder myself

So would I, but is he going to get picked before Gylfi or Rooney (obviously depending on how we line up). He isn’t going to come back and suddenly start getting picked. 

As well as he is doing, it’s a massive difference in the premier league. Especially competing in the top half. 

We love building up a young player here, if he comes back and gets a couple of games and doesn’t do well he will be getting booed off before we know it. The kid needs to gain experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StevO said:

So would I, but is he going to get picked before Gylfi or Rooney (obviously depending on how we line up). He isn’t going to come back and suddenly start getting picked. 

As well as he is doing, it’s a massive difference in the premier league. Especially competing in the top half. 

We love building up a young player here, if he comes back and gets a couple of games and doesn’t do well he will be getting booed off before we know it. The kid needs to gain experience. 

By that logic, DCL, Davies, Kenny etc should be out on loan rather than playing in the Premier League. Davies has played nearly 50 games for us now and he's not even 20 yet. What better experience is there than that? 

I think Dowell's loan has been a great success and I agree with letting him complete it. But the form he has shown he should absolutely be in first team contention next season, pushing Gylfi and Rooney for their places. There's no point having a youth system if there is not a clear strategy for getting the best playing first team football for the club. In my opinion too many of our kids end up leaving without ever getting a chance to prove themselves at senior level for us. For someone like Dowell who has excelled at a very high level in the Championship, I think he's earned the chance. And if he starts banging in screamers at the Gwladys, people won't be booing him, he'll be a hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2017 at 15:21, nogs said:

By that logic, DCL, Davies, Kenny etc should be out on loan rather than playing in the Premier League. Davies has played nearly 50 games for us now and he's not even 20 yet. What better experience is there than that? 

I think Dowell's loan has been a great success and I agree with letting him complete it. But the form he has shown he should absolutely be in first team contention next season, pushing Gylfi and Rooney for their places. There's no point having a youth system if there is not a clear strategy for getting the best playing first team football for the club. In my opinion too many of our kids end up leaving without ever getting a chance to prove themselves at senior level for us. For someone like Dowell who has excelled at a very high level in the Championship, I think he's earned the chance. And if he starts banging in screamers at the Gwladys, people won't be booing him, he'll be a hero

My logic behind it isn’t just a blanket over all young players. You’ve got to take into account their chances of playing in our first team or not. So for me Dowell wouldn’t get in our team, so loan and develop, Davies has shown enough ability to be in the first team so no point loaning him out, I think DCL should be out on loan but we have been too short to let him. If Coleman wasn’t injured I would have expected Kenny to be out on loan too. The lads who are playing (apart from Davies) are doing so because of circumstances, not because they are so good they claimed a place in the side. 

So Dowel comes back in the summer, Wayne and Gylfi keep him out of the team, gets the last five or ten mins of a game a handful of times, how does that help him? I’d rather him have another season where he’ll get 40 games in and have a real chance of coming back and getting in the first team. Mark my words, he won’t be a starter at everton next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They in 14th place and had lost to Sunderland in their previous game. So he can't have been doing very well?

They stayed up on the last day of last season on goal difference. About 10 points clear of the bottom 3 and about the same off the play-offs is progress. They are a couple of defenders away from challenging the play-off places.

Unless they can get someone like Monk, they’ve made a big mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They in 14th place and had lost to Sunderland in their previous game. So he can't have been doing very well?

They just avoided relegation last season and he is relying allot of young players so inconsistent results are to be expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one match, but he isn’t ready for the premier yet.

A couple of good passes and looks good running forward. 

But doesn’t work very hard. Passing is very loose. Would be surprised if he finished with anything above 70% passing completion. Has been very wasteful today. Some of his giveaways have been infuriating. Very Barkley like. 

Had a decent effort though and put a few teasing balls in. 81 mins gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only watched about 20 mins but he stood out to me as a class above. When he got on the ball he was dictating play, moving the ball across the pitch but those around him just didn' get the ball to him enough. 

I definitely get the Barkley comparison because you can see he has the talent but you just expect a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through the whole match the good touches he has had, have been very good. He also had a decent effort when he took one touch and fired it on goal. 

But of the touches he has had, a lot have been very loose or to the opposition.

I honk he definitely needs the rest of this season, and I would be tempted in loaning him again next year. I really want him to keep progressing and feel it wouldn’t do him any good to be a squad player for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Through the whole match the good touches he has had, have been very good. He also had a decent effort when he took one touch and fired it on goal. 

But of the touches he has had, a lot have been very loose or to the opposition.

I honk he definitely needs the rest of this season, and I would be tempted in loaning him again next year. I really want him to keep progressing and feel it wouldn’t do him any good to be a squad player for us.

I agree with that last paragraph. Get him back over the summer, see how he does and make a decision from there. I expect a lower level Prem club will take an interest in him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2018 at 16:47, Bailey said:

I only watched about 20 mins but he stood out to me as a class above. When he got on the ball he was dictating play, moving the ball across the pitch but those around him just didn' get the ball to him enough. 

I definitely get the Barkley comparison because you can see he has the talent but you just expect a bit more.

Odd contradiction. He's 'a class above' yet you 'expect a bit more.' Why are Everton fans always so frigging impatient with our own young players? I'd like the Barkley comparisons to stop, because all that means is declaring him world class and then spending the rest of his career with us picking holes and finding fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nogs said:

Odd contradiction. He's 'a class above' yet you 'expect a bit more.' Why are Everton fans always so frigging impatient with our own young players? I'd like the Barkley comparisons to stop, because all that means is declaring him world class and then spending the rest of his career with us picking holes and finding fault. 

Its not a contradiction. He strides about the pitch like he owns it, he sees passes his team mates cant because he has that quality but at the same time, he just lacks concentration and plays a sloppy pass. That's why I made the Barkley comparison, not because he can be world class or as good as him, but because Barkley can stride around the pitch like he is playing with boys and yet he knocks a simple 10 foot pass 5 yards too far.

I will call it as I see it regardless of whether he is 16 or 32 but I am under no doubt that that he will improve all elements of his game with more exposure to first team football.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Can we have him back for the rest of the season?

Again, no reason to do that. This club has too many number 10's as it is so no reason to bring back a player to be third choice attacking mid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeO said:

Double hit though, shouldn't have been allowed.

Not that I saw it, just going on the radio commentary; Josh watched it and he doesn't think it was a double hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he hit it on to his other foot as he slipped. Nerves of steel to step up at such an important time though.

He had a really good game. I know some people hate the Barkley comparison, but if you watch him you can see why.

He is very comfortable to use a one touch pass backwards, like Barkley. His vision in the middle third to play simple little balls around the corner his excellent. Very composed on the ball.

My only fault, and this is picking to point out he should stay, is that he gave two easy balls away in his own third... that only needed to go ten yards.... just like Barkley.

He is doing excellent over there and they are giving him great experience. Leave him there for the rest of the season and let him continue his development.

Exciting to see him do so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Double hit though, shouldn't have been allowed.

 

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not that I saw it, just going on the radio commentary; Josh watched it and he doesn't think it was a double hit.

 

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But I think he's wrong having seen it myself.

Lonely? Need someone to talk to? Finally losing the plot altogether? We’re all here if you need someone to talk to MikeO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Lonely? Need someone to talk to? Finally losing the plot altogether? We’re all here if you need someone to talk to MikeO.

Who said that? I thought this padded cell was soundproofed:huh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...