IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They in 14th place and had lost to Sunderland in their previous game. So he can't have been doing very well?

They stayed up on the last day of last season on goal difference. About 10 points clear of the bottom 3 and about the same off the play-offs is progress. They are a couple of defenders away from challenging the play-off places.

Unless they can get someone like Monk, they’ve made a big mistake.

Only one match, but he isn’t ready for the premier yet.

A couple of good passes and looks good running forward. 

But doesn’t work very hard. Passing is very loose. Would be surprised if he finished with anything above 70% passing completion. Has been very wasteful today. Some of his giveaways have been infuriating. Very Barkley like. 

Had a decent effort though and put a few teasing balls in. 81 mins gone.

I only watched about 20 mins but he stood out to me as a class above. When he got on the ball he was dictating play, moving the ball across the pitch but those around him just didn' get the ball to him enough. 

I definitely get the Barkley comparison because you can see he has the talent but you just expect a bit more.

Through the whole match the good touches he has had, have been very good. He also had a decent effort when he took one touch and fired it on goal. 

But of the touches he has had, a lot have been very loose or to the opposition.

I honk he definitely needs the rest of this season, and I would be tempted in loaning him again next year. I really want him to keep progressing and feel it wouldn’t do him any good to be a squad player for us.

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Through the whole match the good touches he has had, have been very good. He also had a decent effort when he took one touch and fired it on goal. 

But of the touches he has had, a lot have been very loose or to the opposition.

I honk he definitely needs the rest of this season, and I would be tempted in loaning him again next year. I really want him to keep progressing and feel it wouldn’t do him any good to be a squad player for us.

I agree with that last paragraph. Get him back over the summer, see how he does and make a decision from there. I expect a lower level Prem club will take an interest in him too.

On 01/01/2018 at 16:47, Bailey said:

I only watched about 20 mins but he stood out to me as a class above. When he got on the ball he was dictating play, moving the ball across the pitch but those around him just didn' get the ball to him enough. 

I definitely get the Barkley comparison because you can see he has the talent but you just expect a bit more.

Odd contradiction. He's 'a class above' yet you 'expect a bit more.' Why are Everton fans always so frigging impatient with our own young players? I'd like the Barkley comparisons to stop, because all that means is declaring him world class and then spending the rest of his career with us picking holes and finding fault. 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

Odd contradiction. He's 'a class above' yet you 'expect a bit more.' Why are Everton fans always so frigging impatient with our own young players? I'd like the Barkley comparisons to stop, because all that means is declaring him world class and then spending the rest of his career with us picking holes and finding fault. 

Its not a contradiction. He strides about the pitch like he owns it, he sees passes his team mates cant because he has that quality but at the same time, he just lacks concentration and plays a sloppy pass. That's why I made the Barkley comparison, not because he can be world class or as good as him, but because Barkley can stride around the pitch like he is playing with boys and yet he knocks a simple 10 foot pass 5 yards too far.

I will call it as I see it regardless of whether he is 16 or 32 but I am under no doubt that that he will improve all elements of his game with more exposure to first team football.

Looks like he hit it on to his other foot as he slipped. Nerves of steel to step up at such an important time though.

He had a really good game. I know some people hate the Barkley comparison, but if you watch him you can see why.

He is very comfortable to use a one touch pass backwards, like Barkley. His vision in the middle third to play simple little balls around the corner his excellent. Very composed on the ball.

My only fault, and this is picking to point out he should stay, is that he gave two easy balls away in his own third... that only needed to go ten yards.... just like Barkley.

He is doing excellent over there and they are giving him great experience. Leave him there for the rest of the season and let him continue his development.

Exciting to see him do so well.

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Double hit though, shouldn't have been allowed.

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not that I saw it, just going on the radio commentary; Josh watched it and he doesn't think it was a double hit.

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But I think he's wrong having seen it myself.

Lonely? Need someone to talk to? Finally losing the plot altogether? We’re all here if you need someone to talk to MikeO.