IGNORED

Joe Bryan

18 hours ago, c1982 said:

He’s not going to want to miss out on a trip to Wembley if somehow Bristol beat the mancs - I expect, if there’s any truth in our interest, it will have been on hold until that’s sorted.

Should be an interesting watch today but there also the U23 game that promises to feature Coleman.  Might have to utilize the computer to have both games up.

10 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

24 I think

This is key for everyone who saw his last decent strike. This isn'tt a wonder kid ready to break into the scene, this is a journeyman who has find his level. Id guess we've let two or three go who are the same age and would do as well. 

Could he be a stop gap? Maybe. Is he what we need? No

Go get the Spanish kid playing in Germany.

Why do we always go after these cheap options, nearly £250m spent in the last 9 months and the team is worse now than it was last season, if we are going to spend money like that we just need four top players at  £60m each.

Top Centre back, Top Left back, Top winger, Top striker.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why do we always go after these cheap options, nearly £250m spent in the last 9 months and the team is worse now than it was last season, if we are going to spend money like that we just need four top players at  £60m each.

Those  type of £60m players that we want won't come to us though Bill. If they do, it will be because they have nothing left to prove and they are on their way down and won't give a shit. 

I want players at this club with a point to prove. I want them to want to play for us as a way of saying thanks for taking a chance on them. Yes throw in a couple of experienced old pros here and there and then knit it all together. 

Go back 5 or so years when we had Rom, Geri, Ross, Stones, McCarthy mixed in with Barry, Distan, Baines, Jags with the later players in their prime and all on modest salaries. 

Now we are paying through the arse for the likes of Rooney, Schneiderlin, Siggy, Walcott, Bolasie, Williams with the likes of Jags, Baines and Coleman all 5 years down the line.

We keep buying the wrong type of player IMO, either too young or too little to prove (without the mentality needed for the league)

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

We're not able to compete in the 60m market Bill. That's the Man City market - if they sign Laporte, they still won't have spent more than 60m on an individual player, yet look at the quality they're getting. None of those players would come to us, and we wouldn't be able to afford the wages. We're kidding ourselves if we think we can compete at that level. 

I agree we've wasted 250m in the past couple of years. But they weren't cheap options - we have been paying way over the odds for what we've got. A proper manager with a decent scouting network could have assembled twice the squad we have for half the price. It's been a disaster, if Moshiri has anything about him he should hold his hands up, sack Walsh for his part in it alongside Koeman, accept that Allardyce is not the answer and do his due diligence on a young, hungry manager and world class scouting network that can put a five year plan in place. There are no quick fixes for us right now, we will not buy our way to success the way things stand now, we need to be the club that spots and then crafts the stars of tomorrow, and earn status and cash that way. 

Players of that calibre won’t come to Everton

Everybody wants to come to the prem its probably the richest league in the world and if they're not wanted by the top six we are the next best option.  Wages is the main setback but if we want to go to the next level we will have to pay them the salaries to match.

Waste of time and money buying seven or eight players who don't improve the team.

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

Everybody wants to come to the prem its probably the richest league in the world and if they're not wanted by the top six we are the next best option.  Wages is the main setback but if we want to go to the next level we will have to pay them the salaries to match.

Waste of time and money buying seven or eight players who don't improve the team.

not anymore mate. Sandro, for example, is reportedly on 100k a week, Gylfi 140k(?). Wages and finances are not the issues, Moshiri has said so himself. The sad thing is, after the trainwreck of the last 18 months, we're simply not that attractive to the top players.

Yet.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

not anymore mate. Sandro, for example, is reportedly on 100k a week, Gylfi 140k(?). Wages and finances are not the issues, Moshiri has said so himself. The sad thing is, after the trainwreck of the last 18 months, we're simply not that attractive to the top players.

Yet.

Sandro shouldn't be on half that. Imagine some of the young lads on quarter of that, playing much more rreularly and giving it everything and he doesn' even make the squad.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Sandro shouldn't be on half that. Imagine some of the young lads on quarter of that, playing much more rreularly and giving it everything and he doesn' even make the squad.

Completely agree. Another example of why I'm so disenchanted with the new setup of the club

Bryan looks to be a decent prospect and probably someone that could come in now and do a job for us, I do think we need to get rid of some of the dead wood and use this window to ship out some of the big hitters that the gamble didn't pay off on. 

I also agree with the Sam view I would make that cut now and bring in someone like Silva who was our first choice and give him the 6 months to work with what he has and hit the ground running in the new season.  We can all see and we all know Sam was a stop gap and wont see next season lets stop kidding everyone and start the overhaul now.

The players that have been brought in lately are good enough and SHOULD improve the team if the manager played a tactic that suits the players. 

Gylfi is good enough but I think he was fazed by the massive sales sum. Theres a lot of pressure on him. Been mostly played out of position. Getting better every week.

Sandro is a mystery. In form he should improve the team but he is just not up to the pace of the prem

Klaassen, he just needs time to adjust. On form (and yes I've seen him play a lot before he came here) he is probably the best player we have with his skill set. 

Vlasic, I honestly don't know much about him but what has he been competing with? Mirallas, Lennon, Gylfi etc. We all agree that he should have been given more game time.

Pickford is the best goalie in the squad, hands down

Keane, another mystery. I think he started off on the wrong foot and lost a lot of confidence. Man U have a similar situation with Victor Nilsson Lindelöf. Im fairly certain that he will improve the team if he can get over it.

All of these 6 new signings should improve our first team but Koeman fucked them up. 

Excellent post P.

I have been thinking about our squad a lot and do t agree that the players just aren’t good enough. They are not playing. Good enough, but do have enough ability to make a difference.

The bigger problem is the team set up and morale. It’s amazing in football how much of a difference team spirit can make. Get the players playing to their ability level and we should be the best of the rest.

3 hours ago, Peter H said:

The players that have been brought in lately are good enough and SHOULD improve the team if the manager played a tactic that suits the players. 

Gylfi is good enough but I think he was fazed by the massive sales sum. Theres a lot of pressure on him. Been mostly played out of position. Getting better every week.

Sandro is a mystery. In form he should improve the team but he is just not up to the pace of the prem

Klaassen, he just needs time to adjust. On form (and yes I've seen him play a lot before he came here) he is probably the best player we have with his skill set. 

Vlasic, I honestly don't know much about him but what has he been competing with? Mirallas, Lennon, Gylfi etc. We all agree that he should have been given more game time.

Pickford is the best goalie in the squad, hands down

Keane, another mystery. I think he started off on the wrong foot and lost a lot of confidence. Man U have a similar situation with Victor Nilsson Lindelöf. Im fairly certain that he will improve the team if he can get over it.

All of these 6 new signings should improve our first team but Koeman fucked them up. 

Gylfi - What you have seen is what you get from Gylfi. Hard working, a bit of a quality, not really a wide player, not really a number 10. There hasnt been any improvement in him since November, despite where he has been played.

Sandro does just need time and games. He has that unpredictability about him, but he also has that slackness about him too. I am not too sure what his best position is, but he isn'tt a sole striker, at least not for a couple of years.

Klaasen has never really caught my eye. I never watched him a great deal. I think he has good movement, he appreciates space and makes good late runs into the box but I am not sure that type of player does well in the Premiership. He might do well at Man City or in another team with lots of possession where he can pass move and find space, but the Premiership is much quicker back to front and he doesnt have anything about him which allows him to compete physically.

Vlasic is one I really rate, I see a lot of things I like about him and I cant understand why he doesnt play more. He would easily be the midfielder we have purchased with the most output if he was given the chance.

Pickford is agreed.

Keane is a player that I have gone full circle on. I originally thought he was a plodder who looked good in a defensive team. Then when we were linked with him, I watched him a bit closer. He has some speed, he is decent on the ball, he wins a lot of headers and he was committed so I thought he would be a good buy, but then when he plays for us he is much more exposed, he gets turned inside out far too easily and that makes him less committed and on the back foot. He will look great in some sides who play for the draw first and win second or where the defence and midfield are really compact that any space around him is limited. If he gets isolated, he looks poor.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Yet.

Comparing Sandro's £100k with Sanchez,s £500k is what I'm talking about, we may have improved because of the big influx of Sky money but we are still way down the list on Salaries.

Which is another reason we should be paying top dollar to get top players.

We always go for targets that nobody else wants,  Keane, Klaasen and Sandro might as well not be here for all the use they are.  Can't see Walcott doing anything for us either, he couldn't get a game for Arsenal, We were chasing Gerood, another player who couldn't get a game. The squad is in a worse state now than it ever was.

Challenge top four my arse, not with Walsh and Allardyce.

2017–18 season

With the scores tied at 1–1 after normal time, Walcott converted his kick as Arsenal beat Chelsea 4–1 on penalties to win the 2017 Community Shield.[131] By October, he was increasingly on the fringes at Arsenal,[132][133] and put in a poor performance when made captain for the 2–1 League Cup victory at home to Championship side Norwich City.[134]

think he only made a few sub appearances after that.