IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

- Out (I reallistically believe that the players in bold will leave, and the others mentioned will not...even if I want to):

GK: Howard. Please let the player join the MLS. Time to scout and sign a good keeper, there are plenty out there available and Robles has proven he's up for a fight. I don't think Howard leave, though.

CB: Alcaraz, Distin. A disastrous season for both. Jags has been inconsistent, but he can still do a job, and Stones is the future.

LB: Oviedo. Not going to sell Baines, Garbutt is ready, so one has to go. Shame as I believe he's going to be starting somewhere and he's good, but two options for a position is good enough.

RB: Hibbert for sure. Coleman? Question mark because I don't really think anyone will come with 25m to buy him, as this season he's been quite average.

CM: Unfortunately we're not going to get rid of Barry, so no exits. Martinez likes his options here, I like all of them except Barry and Gibson's fitness.

RW/LW: McGeady has been given the chance by being a free transfer... and he has not taken it. Hopefully some Championship team or Villa want him. Mirallas will go because he wants to, but I don't think he's as good as he thinks and his destiny will be elsewhere for few -not a lot of- millions, sadly. Pienaar is not up to the standards and neither is Osman, but you can't move all four wingers, so I expect Osman to stay at least one more year.

ST: Koné will not leave, despite his injury record and poor performances. Nobody will want him and I doubt Martinez will quit on him now after 2 years of limited action.

In:

- Andre Ayew: Free transfer. I'd not be surprised.

- Gerard Deulofeu: Let's have a laugh here... he left Everton because he felt he was good enough for Barcelona, and at the beginning he was moaning a lot in the media about the weather in England, but praising the fans (when he was getting playing time at Sevilla). The manager there got tired of him, his non-existant defensive attitude and his limited passing range, started benching him and in Barcelona they don't want him. The kid certainly is talented, and Martínez is a true believer...

- Anthony Martial: The BIG deal of the summer. Attacking midfielder, can play LW/RW/ST and he's 19. Monaco wants to sell as long as it's good money.

Other positions: No idea. In general, I didn't really trust Martínez with the transfer activities, but I used to trust him with on field decisions and he's been awful this season, so let's see...

OUT:-

Howard - thanks for your service Tim, you are past it now mate

Hibbo:- Don't understand his new contract

Baines;- If we can get £10m+ then for me he offers us money to work in the transfer market and to bring Garbutt/Ovideo through

Distin:- Seems to be off

Pienaar:- would free up £60k a week, could we get £1-2m for him?

Mirallas:- a talented player but his attiitude is a destabilising factor

Barry:- release on a free, simple as that maybe Villa will have him back

I think when you look at it like this we realise how many aging players we have.

There are so,e handy players with contracts running out for instance

Andre Ayew

Konoplyanka - the Ukrainian boy we've been linked with

Milner

All of which would add quality to our midfield and lower age.

Couple of CB's we could try for cheap.

Samba - wouldn't want him starting but if we're looking for a cheap brute he's a better option then Shawcross.

Ranocchia from inter is available.

Then money on a striker, winger and Trippier :)

Sorted, gonna win the league

OUT: Howard, Pienaar, Alcaraz, Distin,Barry, McGeady, Mirallas

As much as i don't think he is good enough for everton, I think Kone should be kept as a backup striker. Cleverley looks like a given, Ayew looks promising and a punt on Delofeu wouldn't be a bad shout. Caulker should be available when Qpr go down. Would like to see Forster as new Gk.

Still think we need more wingers, and i'd like to see garbutt at lb and bainsy take over barry's role.

Edited by Blueherts

Here's how I think it will go:

Out:

Howard

Hibbert

Distin

Mcgeady

Peinaar

Mirallas

In:

Goalkeeper... Maybe Nyland ??

Centre back??

Cleverly

Ayew

Lennon ...permanent

Winger ???

Martial

Love us to go for Kajer and Perisic and also Kovacic, but these would depend on funds available.

Also got a sneaking suspicion United will be in for Coleman and be offering Janusaiz (sorry about spelling!!) as makeweight.

Edited by Sherpa

I'm surprised at the winger calls, after thinking about. Or course, its good to have one or 2, but wasn't the general consensus that it was the wingers that were limiting the FBs? I'd change that prio 2 from my post and swap with Striker.

Here's a question.... sell Coleman £20m yes or no?

For me its a yes. On his day he is a great wing back. However I just don't think he's fully "with it". Great appetite for the game but sometimes he plays a bit like Joseph Yobo.

I just think if we have a good lad like Browning coming through then that £20m could really go on some quality in other areas.

I'm surprised at the winger calls, after thinking about. Or course, its good to have one or 2, but wasn't the general consensus that it was the wingers that were limiting the FBs? I'd change that prio 2 from my post and swap with Striker.

We don't have any. Lennon is on loan, mcgeady injured and out of form, Osman too old, piennaar too old and injured, atsu on loan. Mirallas is our only winger proper and he and RM had a falling out. If he leaves we'll need at least 3 in, ossie can still play but he's the only one is want out there of that lot.

We don't have any. Lennon is on loan, mcgeady injured and out of form, Osman too old, piennaar too old and injured, atsu on loan. Mirallas is our only winger proper and he and RM had a falling out. If he leaves we'll need at least 3 in, ossie can still play but he's the only one is want out there of that lot.

Other than MC saying he thinks that's what happened what evidence have you got for that?

And Ossie has never been a winger, even if he's been played there.

For me its a yes. On his day he is a great wing back. However I just don't think he's fully "with it". Great appetite for the game but sometimes he plays a bit like Joseph Yobo.

I just think if we have a good lad like Browning coming through then that £20m could really go on some quality in other areas.

Is that your polite way of saying he's thick as pig shit? :rofl:

I probably would sell him if we have someone lined up to do the job. That is a huge profit for someone who could be replaced relatively easily.

Officially there has been no falling outs.... there never usually is. Look at Giggs and Van Gaal, apparantly there is no issue there.... Apparently Distin and RM are ok, as are Mirallas...

Officially Eto was thanked on his way out the door....

I'm not being pedantic, its always these things that come out in autobiographies.

From what I know, Mirallas was like a little lap dog for Eto, Eto challenged the managers authority on how things were being done from the get go. Its not unusual behaviour for him as Matt had pointed out before he came here.

The very fact that RM "had to act" and get rid of a player in the Jan window tells you everything you need to know, he then nearly has a walkout on Sampdoria.....

So where did that leave Mirallas? Probably feeling a little exposed and without his chief trouble maker. The first thing he does is to challenge Baines our regular penalty and most trusted penalty taker and promptly missed a key penalty. After than he was subbed, apparently didn't go in the dressing room and since then he has had the odd half hearted performance.

Divisive behaviour at best. Whatever you think of the manager, he is the manager and you behave like a professional footballer.

I probably would sell him if we have someone lined up to do the job. That is a huge profit for someone who could be replaced relatively easily.

I think in a line up with Gabby Agbonlahor, Jordan Henderson and Seaumus Coleman it would be a tough call to pick out the most gormless.

Dont think it will happen Mark, we had Garbutt and Oviedo but decided to hold on to Baines, thats the one that should have been a goer.

Dont think it will happen Mark, we had Garbutt and Oviedo but decided to hold on to Baines, thats the one that should have been a goer.

I agree on that, Baines should've been cashed in on. I just think the opportunity to get £20m+ in for someone who cost £60K would be too good to turn down for the board and Martinez.

I think the major stumbling blocks with it not happening were Oviedo's leg break and Garbutt being unproven before now. It would have been tough to let him leave with the two behind him being large question marks until recently. Oviedo is still in the mend. But, we could sell Baines this summer. I'd hate to see him go, but that money could be used to improve areas of the pitch where we don't have a glut of options.

Other than MC saying he thinks that's what happened what evidence have you got for that?

And Ossie has never been a winger, even if he's been played there.

Lack of playing time, being on the bench. Late subs where he gets 10 min.

I don't see Leon playing centrally in attack when we have Barkley who's the future. In the left his lack of speed is fine, he's just like pienaar in linking up with baines and penetrating the final third with his guile. I'm guessing next year he will be a squad player anyway, the wingers I was talking about should be 2 starters (if mirallas leaves).

Not for me I think we need to keep hold of our best players.

Besides which Browning is a CB who can fill in at RB. I can see the argument about selling Baines because we have cover in Oviedo and Garbutt but we have nobody else at RB

Agree I'd reluctantly let Baines go for the right money if it was my choice Garbutt is a ready made replacement and those especially of that kind of calibre don't come around often for free

I'd hold onto Coleman he's been off the boil but so has everyone else he will hopefully come good again next season if the rest especially Martinez pull their fingers out

Baines and if there is any truth in the "rumours" with Mirallas would be the two I'd let go to recoup some funds £20/25m combined??

Add the minimal fee's for the likes of Piernaar Howard Barry etc and saved wages we could possibly bring in three or four decent players

Edited by EFC-Paul

I look at it this way. Mirallas (out and out winger/one of the top 3 players at the club - depending who you are) has been left out for Naismith or Barkley on the wing in recent times. Has been used as the last sub for 5-10 minutes or not at all. Stinks of a fall out. Much better player out wide than the two mentioned and Lennon.

You could pick on lots of players for poor form this season most notably Barry but he still plays consistently. Barry is a "yes man", Mirallas isn't. End of story

Edited by MC11

That happens to numerous players at every club in the land at every level. It's not evidence of a falling out.

I look at it this way. Mirallas (out and out winger/one of the top 3 players at the club - depending who you are) has been left out for Naismith or Barkley on the wing in recent times. Has been used as the last sub for 5-10 minutes or not at all. Stinks of a fall out. Much better player out wide than the two mentioned and Lennon.

You could pick on lots of players for poor form this season most notably Barry but he still plays consistently. Barry is a "yes man", Mirallas isn't. End of story

i agree with MC here mike0. if it looks like a duck, tastes like a duck, flies like a duck, smells like a duck, most likely is a duck. the situation with distin is the same thing.

i'm not saying i agree with rumours and the like, but it's not like a reporter just says "i'm going to make up a story about distin bustup" and prints it (i'm skeptical of the news as well). although the story might have been complete rubbish, it didn't come out of nowhere. some shred of truth somewhere which was most likely embellished extravagently. do i agree with every story out there, no, but it's a story for a reason. looking at distin, mirallas, either they have debilitating injuries that RM is lying about, or they lost all the ability suddenly (more so with distin) to not be on match day rosters, or maybe, there just was a little bustup and RM has decided to move on without them. not out of the question. just like HAF said, these days no one wants to give the truth so they talk about it in their books after retirement. sad really. i love honesty.

My only question would be is...

How have the club kept this so quiet? We have a reputation of being clumsy and yet this time we have been more professional than any team in the world I could think of.

Unless of course reporters are on their holidays ;-)

I don't know the answers and I would be really suprised that the club have managed to keep this one quiet with the whole country's eyes on them.

My only question would be is...

How have the club kept this so quiet? We have a reputation of being clumsy and yet this time we have been more professional than any team in the world I could think of.

Unless of course reporters are on their holidays ;-)

I don't know the answers and I would be really suprised that the club have managed to keep this one quiet with the whole country's eyes on them.

not sure the reporters are too worried about us since we're 13th. more interested in stevie g, srktl foot stamps, and louis van gaal's hair pomade.

If we could get a fully fit Micah Richards on a free then yes - couple of big ifs there!

A big area for me this summer is buying players with ariel ability (in both boxes) - something we really lack in my opinion. Richards puts a big tick in this box.