IGNORED

Cricket Thread

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Done and done, Taylor out. I don't think NZ will even try to win this now because if they attack and get bowled out cheaply they'll be vulnerable to Pakistan having a big win in their last game; if they've got any sense they'll just stick around and grind out a half decent total to protect their run rate.

Maybe not then..

"Say New Zealand only get 230 today, if Pakistan get 400 and bowl Bangladesh out for 100 on Friday that still wouldn't be enough for them to go through to the semi-finals."

Good win today, with a slice of good fortune in parts. We have been long overdue the run of the green so I’ll take it. India or Australia in the semis of which I have no preference although we seem to do better posting a total. Looking forward to it but with England’s sporting record in semi finals I’m not counting my chickens! 

Looks like we'll be playing Oz in the semi which is a bit of a shame, I'd have liked that to have been the final. Amazing how many first innings totals have been in the 310/340 range across the whole thing and how few have been chased down.

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What made you post this on an Everton forum? No problem with it just interesting as a first post.

Honestly, nothing. Basically I love cricket. When i saw the cricket sub-forum, I just felt like why don't I start my journey with CWC post? Thats it!!  

Ill leave the other mods to keep an eye on this. Hate cricket, after a few bad (and one very painful) experiences playing. Although, I did meet Brian Lara once watching a game in Australia. The other live game I attended involved a competition between stewards and inflatables; the Aussies had been in the stadium from 8am, drinking, and it got to 45c midway through the match. Every time an inflatable got taken away from the crowd, there was a massive groan but 5 mins later another would pop up and the cheering and jubilant roaring would start again; one dude crowd surfed on a dingy. The only 2 good memories I have of cricket, but they’re bloody good memories! 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Fabulous start from England  Aussie are 15 for 3 wkts down.

Did well to restrict them to 223 in the end, 224 looks like a good total for us to totally self destruct chasing! Seriously though if Roy and Bairstow can give us a decent start we should be OK, bookies have us roughly 1/7 and Oz at 9/2 but there have been very few easy run chases in this WC so I'm not expecting a relaxing afternoon.

Rain due, question is whether we get twenty overs in today, this rule seems a bit daft to me if you've got a reserve day, play it out surely?

"If it rains before England have batted for 20 overs and they are not able to resume today then we will come back again tomorrow and use the reserve day, resuming from the score England are on when the match is stopped.

Once England have batted 20 overs this match will be decided today, using the DLS method if necessary."

We should win comfortably either way but I'd rather not use the DLS.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I put £100 on New Zealand at 12-1 couple of weeks ago, always thought they were the dark horses, do I want them to win yep 👍 

Traitor, you'll be the first up against the wall come the revolution:shakingfist:.

Good price though, I said a while back that I expected the top four would include NZ but that they were the underdog after the top three. If I had them at 12-1 I'd still want England to win but have a decent consolation if it didn't happen.