IGNORED

Cricket Thread

Seems there's a few of you crazy kids who actually like cricket enough to deserve its own thread :)

Used to play as a kid, and seen 2 live games in Australia (where I shook hands with Brian Lara and Courtney Walsh) but since then I've lost interest in the whole thing. Don't get coverage in Europe really, which hasn't helped.

Anyway. Go nuts :)

I have a feeling only rain will save this one for us. There's a bit forecast, but probably not enough.

Yep me too

Edit, just checked now, we'll need a recordbreaking run chase if we are to win. Wont be easy batting out for 2 days .

Edited by Paddock

I struck a bet yesterday, before England started their innings, that we would score less than 250. I think I was being overly optimistic. If ever a player needs to be told to go away and find some form it is Bell. Not only is his batting dire but he can't hold a catch - and he's a slip fielder! The odds are, though, that he will take his poor form into the Ashes against the Aussies.

I struck a bet yesterday, before England started their innings, that we would score less than 250. I think I was being overly optimistic. If ever a player needs to be told to go away and find some form it is Bell. Not only is his batting dire but he can't hold a catch - and he's a slip fielder! The odds are, though, that he will take his poor form into the Ashes against the Aussies.

Ballance looks worse. Much worse.

After the capitulation this morning the tail have done well to keep it going this long. There are a few encouraging signs but Bell and Ballance are a worry.

Century for Buttler now and a fifty from Anderson and we're home free.....any rain forecast anyone know? Been pissing it down here most of the day so a shame the match wasn't in Taunton.

We can't bat under pressure it's that simple.

Cricket is a game of the mind. You come out with a realistic chance of making a target set you have a chance. Once it's impossible (time wise in the game) to beat a total teams collapse. It's psychological in them. They start thinking and playing defensively, they dither playing shots and wickets tumble.

It's a hard game to defend in.

Holy crap; been busy all afternoon and forgot all about today!

393-7 with an over left!? Highest odi score ever; must top 400 surely.

I need a lie down.

Or maybe not quite, Jordan out so six needed from four balls (me and my big mouth).

Edit: And Rashid out next ball. Sorry :(.

Hang on! Liam Plunkett hits hat-trick ball for six! And then another! Finish on 407. Parallel universe time again.

:jump for joy:

NZ conceded only 8 extras in 50 overs. Hope England are just as disciplined.

That being said, our bowlers don't fill me with confidence - Finn and Jordan give runs away like they're sweets.

Be the second highest successful run chase in history if they do us; and the third highest aggregate ever.

"On this record-breaking day, we have seen biggest partnerships and biggest totals and now we have seen the biggest winning margin. It is remarkable for those of us who saw that performance at the World Cup. It wasn't that long ago. That is a really emphatic win. And what is most important is that they have convinced themselves they can play this way."