IGNORED

Cricket Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing stat from the beeb, how the game has changed.

"Sunil Gavaskar, the first batsman to score 10,000 Test runs, opened the batting for India in the first cricket World Cup tournament in 1975. Unbeaten after 60 overs, he’d scored 36 from 174 balls, with just one four and not even the suggestion of a six. Considered stodgy then, such an innings would be unthinkable now."

Didn't take England long to revert to form. Cook wins the toss and makes the mistake of putting them in. Can't get tail-enders out, Starc makes 58. I don't think England will reach 250 with two out of form batsmen still in the side - Lyth and Bell. Lets hope I am eating humble pie in a few days time!

• 3 weeks later...

England win but they must devise a plan for bowling to tail-enders. Its been a problem for England for years. In today's game the last three Aussie batsmen put on 88 runs. England seem to bowl to tail-enders as if they were opening batsmen. Full and straight to tail-enders, if they miss, they are out bowled or lbw.

England win but they must devise a plan for bowling to tail-enders. Its been a problem for England for years. In today's game the last three Aussie batsmen put on 88 runs. England seem to bowl to tail-enders as if they were opening batsmen. Full and straight to tail-enders, if they miss, they are out bowled or lbw.

I think there are very few true tail-enders in one day cricket any more, I just read on the BBC that once Root is back we'll bat to ten. You have to be that way nowadays if you want success.

I'd not even seen that BT had the rights Mark, maybe they'll cheery-pick from Sky like Sky did from the beeb when they got F1.

I think there are very few true tail-enders in one day cricket any more, I just read on the BBC that once Root is back we'll bat to ten. You have to be that way nowadays if you want success.

I'd not even seen that BT had the rights Mark, maybe they'll cheery-pick from Sky like Sky did from the beeb when they got F1.

I'm not sure they could tbh, because Sky have still got the rights to other England Test series', so they'd want to keep the people they have I would imagine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...