IGNORED

Cricket Thread

Four down now but we're still in with a shout if they don't panic, decent amount of runs on the board and plenty of overs left; Morgan and Buttler need to stick around for twenty of them I reckon.

I'm liking that no ones panicked when wickets have gone. Each player that's come out has just had a go and not let what's happened before affect them.

We'll at least get more than NZ managed the other day, so even if we lose we should make a good go of it.

Four down now but we're still in with a shout if they don't panic, decent amount of runs on the board and plenty of overs left; Morgan and Buttler need to stick around for twenty of them I reckon.

We need someone to step up with a big ton here snd at least a 60-70 run support alongside. One more wicket and it swings massively in their favour.

Personally I think we wont make 300 but hope I'm wrong.

I'm liking that no ones panicked when wickets have gone. Each player that's come out has just had a go and not let what's happened before affect them.

We'll at least get more than NZ managed the other day, so even if we lose we should make a good go of it.

Spot on, even if we lose we're still going in the right direction.

Nineteen off the over :).

At least we're having a go. I'd sooner us go down fighting than bat like a straight man in a gay bar and plod on through all our overs never even remotely getting within a chance.

Really encouraged by these 2 performances.

Our bowling let us down today, that was a massive total and always hugely unlikely we would get within 50 of it. Lights come on the ball starts moving about more, it's harder to pick up in the fading light, pitch gets slippy etc etc.

North/south time difference mate :D, But you're ahead of me on the D/L result, no more play and we lose by ten runs; great shame if it can't be played out.

That fucking DL result is a swizz when you get shafted. Always great when it works in your favour like but that's not the point on this occasion

I feel totally deflated now, I was literally on the edge of my seat watching that. Took me back to THAT Ashes test where we batted out like the alamo that time. I was hiding behind a couch cushion that day !

Ridiculous, the D/L system needs changing, I know it's a nigh on impossible task to make it fair but this is stupid, We needed nine an over but now we need (all but) seventeen.

"Right, we've got a revised 46-over game, restarting at 21.10 BST. England's revised target is 379. So, England need 34 runs off 13 balls. On telly, Ian Botham looks absolutely apoplectic."