Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Cricket Thread

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Looks like the first test will be over in day 3.  At home,  in ideal English conditions, we are not just losing we are being absolutely hammered, could be by an innings and some.

I’m looking forward to the realisation that Root is the wrong choice for captain. 

4 hours ago, johnh said:

Looks like the first test will be over in day 3.  At home,  in ideal English conditions, we are not just losing we are being absolutely hammered, could be by an innings and some.

Buttler/Bess 2018 = Botham/Dilley 1981:P.

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Well who saw that coming? We only won one; by an innings, ↩️ that.

Completely different performance this time round. Bowlers and batters remembered how to do their jobs!

I actually think it benefited us massively that Stokes and Wood were injured. Stokes has looked tame since he came back into the fold, and Wood’s only plus point seems to be that he bowls quicker than the rest. 

Bit special today England, wish I'd not gone to the cinema; looked at the score as we sat down (30 overs in) and I said, "....if we carry on like this we could hit 500..." and we bloody nearly did!

DgEMdsfXcAEMMgh.jpg

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Well that was a tense finish, brilliant from Jos Buttler. Whitewash v Oz, love it:lol:.

I had to use the England cricket app to keep up to date and I was checking it every couple of minutes at the end :lol: 

First time we’ve ever whitewashed them in any format!

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s going well at the half-way point for England again tonight. 

Hopefully our bowlers can finish the job. 

Was looking like another record score was on for a while,  just short in the end but still a great total.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:54, nogs said:

Aussie sent home 6-0 in white ball cricket, Germany out the world Cup, basking in mid-20 degree heat - wtf is going on?? 

anyone can have a fluke now and again

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Much better than his brother for me. 

Another pair of brothers from Surrey though following in the footsteps of the Bicknells and the Hollioakes; Surrey strolling the County Championship as well, been a long time since they were this strong. Was a big fan when my dad was alive but it was something we did together so lost a lot of interest now.

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Fantastic test match this, the shorter versions may be great but it shows how good the five day game can still be.

Pitches with something in them and a swinging ball will always make good test matches.

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Great win that, Sam Curran's first innings 78 was the difference, he's an incredible prospect but brilliant from the whole team. Series done and dusted.

We’re relying on the bowlers to do their own job and the batting though. The top order really need to pull their finger out. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’re relying on the bowlers to do their own job and the batting though. The top order really need to pull their finger out. 

They are doing their job very nicely, getting out nice and early so the bowlers can get in and make some runs:D.

Surrey had a big ask in their second innings today, needed two to beat Essex, they just about managed it:D; eight wins on the bounce now and 43 clear at the top with three games left, my dad would be loving this!

Somerset (in second) needed 78 to beat Lancashire yesterday and got 77:rofl:.

Just the 628 to win then, I know WI have all the time in the World but it seems a bit ridiculous for them to bat so long, we were out of it 250 runs ago: serve them right if it started raining.

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

and now have them 2 down. Get Gayle and that should seal it.

For sure but he's not cooperating yet:unsure:.

We should still win without too much trouble.

At about 42 overs it looked as though Windies were favourites.  I couldn't believe it when Morgan brought Rashid on for his last over.  He had gone for over 9 an over.  Big mistake I thought. What do I know.  Brilliant last over, 4 wickets for (was it a maiden over?) or maybe one run.

Whisper it guys but we might just have a team for the WC. I still think we have it in us to collapse to 150 all out once or twice but if we can limit those to group games and get into the last four nobody will want to play us.

Cautiously optimistic, when one or two fail there always seems to be another couple to step up, some incredible fielding today as well.

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Whisper it guys but we might just have a team for the WC. I still think we have it in us to collapse to 150 all out once or twice but if we can limit those to group games and get into the last four nobody will want to play us.

Cautiously optimistic, when one or two fail there always seems to be another couple to step up, some incredible fielding today as well.

We are looking very good but we all know what we’re capable of!